Galactic Hub Project
- 1 Summary
- 2 Known Star Systems
- 3 The 'Best of the Hub'
- 4 Interlopers
- 5 Maps / Navigational Aids
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Notes
- 8 External Links
- 9 References
- 10 Categories
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Project is a Civilized Space community focused on exploring a specific area of the Euclid galaxy with other players. This includes the Rentocniijik Expanse and 10 specific surrounding regions as follows: 
- Rentocniijik Expanse - The core region of the Hub, star systems names use the [HUB-R-###] convention
- Eapustafiges Adjunct - names start with HUB2. Example: HUB2-V-156 Lianara's Curse
- Nagkamunti Band - names start with HUB3. Example: HUB3-K-124 Procedural Star
- Bisticabi Boundary
- Enharagch Expanse
- Rahesdaingwut Terminus
- Renbellanj Expanse
- Uugusteur Adjunct (Below Rento)
- Uahakplatopo Adjunct (Above Rento)
The capital system, HUB-G-211 Lennon, in the Rentocniijik Expanse region, can be found at these coordinates:
Galactic Hub Hilbert[edit | edit source]
Benefits[edit | edit source]
While not possible to see other players, the Hub's close proximity and high density of players have a number of other advantages.
- Available resources are often noted in the names of systems. You can easily locate resources like Rigogen, Spadonium, Albumen Pearls, and more.
- The Hub Management System, or HMS, by pahefu assists in easily locating desired systems.
- Available starships are often cataloged, making it easy to look through available ships and purchase the one you want.
- Easiest place to locate Communication Stations left behind by other travelers.
- A variety of fauna, flora, and geological attractions.
- Economic benefits, such as known locations which pay 100%+ for Albumen Pearls.
- Community Farms providing large amounts of Units (in the form of Albumen Pearls or other valuable plants) or resources such as Coryzagen.
Naming Convention[edit | edit source]
Those in the Galactic Hub can choose to follow its optional naming guidelines. These allow other travelers to quickly identify desirable aspects of a system or planet, such as noteworthy fauna, resources, or ships.
Known Star Systems[edit | edit source]
For a list of known systems, visit the Galactic Hub Project category index or use the link at at the bottom of this page. Any beginning with the "HUB-R-###" format tag are systems, where R is the letter representing the race.
Known Space Station Vendors with Core Upgrades[edit | edit source]
"Core upgrades" refers to upgrades which are not "Coolant," "Damage", etc. Essentially, if it doesn't end with the words Sigma, Tau, Theta, or Omega, it's most likely a core upgrade (with some exceptions, such as Photonix Core, a Pulse Engine upgrade).
Multi-tool Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Starship Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Cyclotron Ballista found in HUB-G-1B2 Something Something (Available on HMS).
- Cyclotron Ballista and Positron Ejector both found in HUB-G-135 Mobayasumoi (Available on HMS).
The 'Best of the Hub'[edit | edit source]
Major Attractions[edit | edit source]
Best Fauna[edit | edit source]
- Bedrock Prime, HUB-G-66 Verdugo ZV - 8.2m Diplo species. Some of the largest, if not the largest, diplos discovered.
- Territorium de Caesarus, HUB-G-1F5 De Caesarus - 8.43m T-Rex species. Largest known unmodded species discovered in No Man's Sky (according to the NMS_Zoology Hall of Fame).
- Drogradur NO425, HUB-G-211 Lennon - Lush planet with a ~6m diplo species. Capitol system of the Galactic Hub.
- Pepper Dusk, HUB7-G-214 Einhander - Lush planet with a ~6m diplo species as well as many other interesting fauna.
- Prosperity, HUB-V-F6 The Four Fates - Tropical (but mostly flora-free) planet with a ~6m diplo species.
- Ledsachwa Awryan, HUB11-V-7B Legkounitog-Teut - Extremely hot desert/dry planet with another ~6m diplo species.
- Planet Prankster, HUB-G-1B8 K.Kesey - Home to the Kesey Beetle, a species of beetle with large, colorful fungal symbiotes.
- Space Oddity, HUB-V-01 Vortopia - Home to another highly unusual, smaller, and passive T-Rex species.
- Valhalla Alpha, HUB10- - A gorgeous planet with golden sunsets, amazing vistas and home to the very small Tinysaurus Rex species.
Best Flora[edit | edit source]
Best System Economies[edit | edit source]
System economies differ between platforms, unlike most aspects of the shared universe.
PS4[edit | edit source]
- GekNip can be purchased at HUB-G-C0 Shipyard Star, from WorkGek Efabo in the red Explorer ship. (Available on HMS)
- Albumen Pearls can be sold for 109%+ of their base value at the HUB11-K-152 Botany Bay Space Station from the GTT. (Available on HMS)
- NipNip Buds can be sold for 99%+ of their base value at the HUB-V-1B4 LizardsandIslands Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Buds can be sold for 108%+ of their base value at the HUB-G-183 Denzel's Wake Space Station from the GTT.
PC[edit | edit source]
- GekNip can be purchased two at a time for 24,793.1 units each (.2% above their Galactic average) at the HUB7-G-210 Marian Hill Space Station from the GTT.
- Albumen Pearls can be sold for +98% of their base value at the HUB-V-1D Otenridum Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Buds can be sold for +106.5% of their base value at the HUB7-G-102 Temerium Point Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Buds can be sold for +100.8% of their base value at the HUB-K-20C Mimadan Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Dynamic Resonators can be sold for +102.6% of their base value at the HUB-G-1F8 Okuchizentan RigoDino Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Dynamic Resonators can be sold for +97.9% of their base value at the G-18 Gala from Specialist Oimio, one of the pilots who visit the Station randomly.
- Dynamic Resonators can be sold for +94.4% of their base value at the HUB-K-20C Mimadan Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Aquaspheres can be sold for +102.6% of their base value at the G-18 Gala Space Station from Specialist Oimio, one of the pilots who visit the Station randomly.
Best Starships[edit | edit source]
Note that all "ship pieces" are only aesthetic and have no effect on how a ship functions. The exception is Cockpit Windows, which change how far you can look left or right while in your ship. Only a ship's class (Hauler, Fighter, Explorer, Shuttle) or grade (C, B, A, S) affects its performance and stats.
Hauler, Name unknown, available in HUB-G-113 Tom Paris, rare "active cargopod shield generator" piece.
Hauler, Sanmutin S52, available in HUB-K-12B CuriousGroup, rare "active cargopod shield generator" piece.
Best Multitools[edit | edit source]
Known Portal Locations[edit | edit source]
- Nojikov ZN767 in system HUB-K-1FA Jubei on PS4.
- Walley World Prime in system HUB-G-70 Walley World! on PS4.
- Riqian Tanimont in system HUB-G-C Wanukihara on PC.
- Alvier in system Hub-V-3D Helvetia.
- Unknown planet in system "[" on PS4.
- Chandrian in system HUB-V-55 Rothfuss on PS4.
Interlopers[edit | edit source]
The official term for players exploring the Galactic Hub is interloper. The following sections relate specifically to interloper activities.
Bases[edit | edit source]
Community Farms[edit | edit source]
For a list of farms, visit the Community Farms page
Racetracks[edit | edit source]
Known Players (Interloper Census)[edit | edit source]
For a list players who have reached the Galactic Hub, or are heading in that direction. visit the Interloper Census page.
[edit | edit source]
A rough outline of the Rentocniijik Expanse, with HUB-V-15D TopOfTheTree located at the thinnest point.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Any images which don't require their own article (ie, fauna) and are not maps or navigational aids may be posted here.
Flyer/brochure for the El Lazo Lodge on HUB-V-158 Todoroki by AndyKrycek6
Flyer/advertisement for the Galactic Hub Cup by AndyKrycek6
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hub can be easily located using a Coordinate Plotting App and the Pilgrim Star Process or through natural discovery during gameplay.
- NMS Youtube creator JustJarrod Gaming released a video about The Galactic Hub Project on January 30, 2017
- Gaming journalism website Kotaku published an article on the Hub on March 9th, 2017.
- German gaming journalism website Gamepro published a (largely inaccurate) article on the Hub on March 25th, 2017. This article mentions odd practices that aren't known to actually occur, like selling the location of NMS gold deposits for real-world money.
- Red Bull published an article about aspects of the No Man's Sky meta-game, including the Hub, to the gaming journalism section of their website on March 31st, 2017.
- The Galactic Hub's official flag & emblem were chosen on April 9th, 2017, after a community vote.
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- reddit moderator 7101334 (16 March 2017). 'Changes to the Hub Tag: New Format HUBn-R-###'.