The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|Category||Multi-tool - Scanner|
|Type||Binocular Tagging Device|
The Analysis Visor is a core component of the Multi-tool.
Summary[edit | edit source]
It also identifies distant points of interest including large resource deposits, providing their label and distance relative to the player.
Minerals and flora will have their secondary material revealed.
Game Description[edit | edit source]
Specialist Discovery and Survey unit.
Augments standard Scanner capabilities by projecting detailed environmental data directly over the user's vison[sic]. Allows the identification of distant points of interest.
The Visor will generate valuable data when used to study flora, fauna and minerals.
Heads-Up Display[edit | edit source]
The Analysis Visor inserts an overlay on the user interface with the overlay displaying copious amount of information about the player's location and condition and about local resources. It is only active while its triggering key is held and upon de-activating all of its data is immediately removed from the interface.
The Analysis Visor’s heads-up display places a compass at its top, places panels of text on both sides of the screen, places a reticle in its center, and displays icons over locations that are within its range.
Top[edit | edit source]
The only portion of the Analysis Visor's display which is also visible in the normal heads-up display, the compass marks the directions of north and south and the general directions of nearby objects of interest, including those revealed by use of a Signal Booster. Size and opacity of the marks indicate the distance.
Left[edit | edit source]
The left side of the interface, from top to bottom, contains the following pieces of information:
- Discovery Data: The name of the person who first discovered the current planet or system as well as the date and time of discovery.
- Details: Detailed information about the current target. If no target is selected, the current planet (or the current system, if not on a planet) acts as the current target.
- Protection Data: The type and severity of environmental hazard as well as an estimate of the time remaining before Hazard Protection's battery fully depletes.
Center[edit | edit source]
The center of the interface houses the Analysis Visor's targeting reticule. Holding the reticule over flora, fauna, or minerals will "scan" them and, if it's the first time you've scanned them, add them to your list of discoveries. The number at the lower-right corner of the reticule is the distance from the player to the location at the center of the reticule. If this location is in the sky or at an extreme distance, an infinity symbol displays in place of a number.
Right[edit | edit source]
The right side of the interface, from top to bottom, contains the following pieces of information:
- Current Objective: Detailed information concerning the current step of the selected quest.
- Local Data: The current location of the player and the time of day at that location.
- Available Resources: Resources of significance which can be found on the current planet.
- Exosuit System Status: The current states of the Jetpack, Speed Augmentation and Scanner.
Icons[edit | edit source]
The icons displayed on the Analysis Visor are situation-dependent. It will yield different pieces of information if you are traveling through space, flying near a planet’s surface, or on foot on a planet. This affects which icons you can expect to see.
- Always displayed - beacons, custom markers, mission markers, objects marked by other players, player bases, and revealed waypoints
- Never displayed - flora (with exceptions), minerals (with exceptions), buildings (instead it will indicate their waypoints)
- Space flight - your capital ship, the space station, Atlas Interfaces, and Space Anomaly
- Near-surface flight - nearby resource depots and sentinel activity
- On foot on a planet - see Table of Icons
Table of Icons[edit | edit source]
The overlay shows a modified set of icons when used.
Note: This table is incomplete, please help expanding it.
1 Beacon (Point of Interest) is not indicated with an icon when the HUD is off.
2 Hazardous Flora is not indicated with an icon when the HUD is off.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Analysis Visor returns no resources when Dismantled.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Analysis Visor Upgrades - increase scan radius and value of discovery data
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- At distance, wildlife will initially be indicated by a white pulsating dot. As the creature(s) come into view, it will indicate whether they have or have not already been scanned by adding a green or red dot, respectively, underneath the creature.
- Any visited location will be indicated by a bright-white icon, allowing you to navigate either towards or away from previously discovered locations.
- Unvisited locations will be indicated by a blue icon.
- You can use the Visor to find a point of interest or beautiful view etc. again at any time later, by writing down the place's planetary coordinates.
- Icons will appear beyond any obstructing terrain, and may be farther away than one might anticipate; including inside caves or in liquid, although an indication of this is not given.
- Airborne creatures can be hard to analyse; a good rule of thumb is to seek the highest point near them, and try to track them while not zoomed in, as zoom has no impact on effective analysis distance. Alternatively, since corpses can be scanned, you may have better luck shooting down the airborne creature (the Mining Beam works fine for this) and analysing its dead body.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Added as a technology.
- Release 1.07 - Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one. It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
- Release 1.09 - Improved framerate when scanning colossal structures, like a Manufacturing Facility or an Operations Centre.
- Foundation - Prevented player being prompted to scan for buildings before leaving the star system after visiting the monolith.
- Atlas Rises - Increased information available about scanned foliage and creatures.
- Atlas Rises 1.32 - The power of Analysis Visor upgrades has been significantly improved, resulting in much higher rewards when scanning with Flora or Fauna upgrades.
- Atlas Rises 1.33
- Improved binocular scanning for background objects.
- Prevented binocular scanning flicking between multiple objects.
- Added ability to scan all building types and fixed their displayed names.
- Added ability to scan ships.
- Atlas Rises 1.34 - Added the amount of units the player will earn for a discovery to the Analysis Visor interface.
- Atlas Rises 1.35
- Prevented players being able to scan creatures through the terrain.
- Fixed an issue causing extremely distant points of interest to show when scanning.
- Fixed an issue where scanning buildings would not also scan nearby waypoints.
- Atlas Rises 1.38 - It can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time. It can scan ships to determine their class, type and value at a distance.
- Procedurally generated Analysis Visor Upgrades added, while Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed.
- Blueprint changed, formerly used Iron. Icon changed.
- Additional markers visible in Analysis Visor.
- Points of interest can be tagged from Analysis Visor.
- Latitude/longitude displayed on Analysis Visor.
- Scanning ships shows their slot count.
- Improved scan ranges for biome specific plants.
- NEXT 1.55 - Reduced the time required to scan discoveries. Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool glitched while going into the Analysis Visor.
- NEXT 1.57 - Fixed a number of visual issues around using the Analysis Visor in very specific circumstances.
- NEXT 1.58
- Fixed an issue that caused player ships to have incorrect information when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sentinels to appear as undiscovered creatures when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
- Fixed the axes used to calculate planet coordinates shown on the Analysis Visor.
- NEXT 1.63 - Improved the visuals when highlighting objects with the Analysis Visor.
- Visions - Added Natural Burial Sites and additional Hazardous Flora.