|This article is about the current version of the Armourer. For the Atlas Rises version, see Armourer (Atlas).|
The Armourer is a hireable Vy'keen NPC character.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Armourer is a hireable Vy'keen NPC character and is the mission-giver of the Weapons Research mission. They can mostly be found in Vy'keen systems, but can also randomly be found in systems controlled by other species.
The Armourer can be located by a science icon. You will need to go to a specific system but it will not mark it in the warp map so to locate it you will need to go to a portal. One can be found in the space station and from there, choose the location with a small chemistry bottle. The NPC will be standing on the right space station platform.
The British spelling of this word is used in the wiki.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Before hiring an Armourer, there are the following requirements:
- A Habitable Base must be claimed
- An Overseer and Scientist hired and having needed to progress enough to unlock the Weapons Terminal blueprint
- A Weapons Terminal needs to be constructed and placed in a cuboid/square room
Blueprints[edit | edit source]
The Armourer gives the following blueprints in order:
- Haz-Mat Gauntlet
- Cadmium Drive
- Advanced Ion Battery
- Plasma Launcher
- Phase Beam
- Cyclotron Ballista & Infra-Knife Accelerator
- Oxygen Capsule
- Combat Scope
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
After completing Weapons Research, the Armourer will create a new, random Multi-tool every 24-hour period and offer it for free. Multi-tools created with a high number of slots will often contain broken components, and a new tool will be offered each 24-hour period regardless of whether or not the previous tool was accepted or ignored.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Giving Vy'keen Dagger to the Armourer may cause their next dialogue choice to bug out where the Vy'keen Dagger request will loop again, but instead with the give option greyed out. This possible bug has no outcome and speaking to them will cause them to resume with the next step of the mission.