|This article is about the Beyond version of the Armourer. For the Atlas Rises version, see Armourer (Atlas).|
The Armourer is a hireable Vy'keen NPC character.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Armourer is a hireable Vy'keen NPC character and is the mission-giver of the Weapons Research mission. They can mostly be found in Vy'keen systems, but can also randomly be found in systems controlled by other species.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Before hiring an Armourer, there are the following requirements:
- A Habitable Base must be claimed
- An Overseer and Scientist hired and having needed to progress enough to unlock the Weapons Terminal blueprint
- A Weapons Terminal needs to be constructed and placed in a cuboid/square room
Blueprints[edit | edit source]
The Armourer gives the following blueprints in order:
- Haz-Mat Gauntlet
- Combat Scope
- Advanced Ion Battery
- Plasma Launcher
- Geology Cannon
- Cyclotron Ballista
- Infra-Knife Accelerator
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
After completing Weapons Research, the Armourer will create a new, random Multi-tool every 24-hour period and offer it for free. Multi-tools created with a high number of slots will often contain broken components, and a new tool will be offered each 24-hour period regardless of whether or not the previous tool was accepted or ignored.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Giving Vy'keen Dagger to the Armourer may cause their next dialogue choice to bug out where the Vy'keen Dagger request will loop again, but instead with the give option greyed out. This possible bug has no outcome and speaking to them will cause them to resume with the next step of the mission.
- This bug appears to occur when you carry enough daggers to theoretically complete the mission multiple times. The extra sets of daggers may be turned in for additional rewards (nanites and random upgrade modules) until you run out of daggers (this is when the give option greys out) or select "Decline", at which point the mission line may be resumed as normal.