The Atlas Interface is part of the Atlas storyline.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Atlas Interface is a remnant of the Atlas which allows you (the traveller) to interact with it. There are a total of 11 Interfaces and they are tied to the quest of "The Atlas Path". It can only be completed once.
The Atlas path[edit | edit source]
After visiting the first Atlas Interface, you're provided with quest information about obtaining Atlas Seeds. As you progress through the quest, you will gain a blueprint for 10 Atlas Seeds. Each seed is a required component to craft the next seed. Once you obtain the last seed blueprint, on your next Atlas Interface visit you will be required to have the final seed Heart of the Sun in your inventory (note: the Heart of the Sun is not consumed after completing the Path). You may choose to do nothing or create a new star in the No Man's Sky Universe.
Creating a New Star[edit | edit source]
If you choose to make a new star, the quest will continue by requiring you to reach a Black hole. After you travel through the Black hole, the Atlas Path quest will update to 'Explore the galaxy.'
It is unknown if that is the same star, or if the black hole is connected to it. Upon doing that and going through the black hole, nothing more is said about it or its possible influence on the game.
Once a new star has been created, the Atlas Path cannot be followed a second time.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Small shining orbs are located around the floor inside Atlas Interfaces. By being in close proximity of an orb, it will "pop" and the player will have a chance to learn a new word. Each visit you gain several words of the race that controls the system. You may also visit other players Atlas Interface discoveries to collect words and Atlas Stones.
- When you exit an Atlas Interface, the next time you open the Galactic Map a new Waypoint will be established to the next Interface.
- When you warp to a system with an Atlas Interface, your starship will be aligned with the entrance. Press your boost button without altering your course to quickly navigate to the Interface entrance.
- Upon completion of the Atlas Path, Black Holes are revealed on the Galactic Map. (in some cases there have been reports of Atlas Interfaces revealed on the map as well, possible glitch)
Known bugs and workarounds[edit | edit source]
- If the player visits an Atlas Interface without having selected the Atlas Path quest in their mission log, they may be unable to interact with the Atlas. This can be fixed by selecting the Atlas Path and travelling to the next Atlas Interface.
- The text for the Atlas Interfaces seems to have not been changed in the Atlas Rises update. As a result, the text interactions still mention Atlas Stones instead of Atlas Seeds.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Atlas versions[edit | edit source]
Interface text and translation[edit | edit source]
External link with full text dumped from version 1.37. "Alien" quotes are written in the game in Atlas Language.
Interface text and translation (pre-Atlas Rises)[edit | edit source]
New star and black hole[edit | edit source]
Atlas Path Completion[edit | edit source]
After completing the Atlas Path and navigating a black hole, the Atlas path remains with a generic quest to explore.