|Distance to centre||1158133 light‑years|
|Conflict level||Untroubled (1)|
|Claimed by||Forgotten Colonies|
There are multiple game-release versions of the Beta Polaris system.
- For the current version, visit Beta Polaris
- For the Desolation version, visit Beta Polaris (Desolation)
- For the Beyond version, visit Beta Polaris (Beyond)
- For the Visions version, visit Beta Polaris (Visions)
- For the Atlas Rises version, visit Beta Polaris (Atlas)
Beta Polaris is an inhabited star system.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Beta Polaris is a scientific star system at the end of the Beta meridian in the Euclid galaxy. It is the extreme coordinate for the Beta Spiral and one of the cornerstones of Euclid. It lies directly at The Fade and is situated right inside its own region.
The system is under supervision of Vy'keen-at-Arms Aodanq as the second dictator of Beta Polaris. His loyal aide Corporal Iayin commands the local Vy'keen forces and Conscript Shisehyr serves as bodyguard to the new and still weak position of dictator of Aodanq.
Meanwhile SalesGek Tulpa serves solely as a confidant and negotiating partner for the regime with the Gek trade guilds.
Piracy remains at an all-time low and the security is HIGH! This also helps to boost the system's economy despite its isolated position. People can feel safe.
With the ceaseless efforts of the Vy'keen crusade, the planet of Dajal has been conquered and fully pacified. There are no sentinels left.
Aboard the space station the Vy'keen offer their botanic gardens for nourishment to visitors.
Location[edit | edit source]
Beta Polaris is a corner and bridge star of its region and cluster, connecting to a nearby two star cluster.
- Ugrefe 14 ly
- Idboku 22 ly
History[edit | edit source]
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
After the temporal anomaly N07E24-X20T18, times slowly changed in Beta Polaris. The old dictatorship stepped down peacefully, allowing a widespread election among the most worthy of the system's warriors. A new prefect system was established for the planets, with the consul ruling from space. Due to his efforts in pacifying the region in its time of crisis, Enforcer Wei will always be remembered as a great hero. Rumours say he left for the darkness of space in search of a worthy foe to die. His former subjects hope he finds one as worthy as himself, although few can imagine anyone to be stronger than their hero.
The new economic departments were led by the Gek, their old allies. Meanwhile the main government functions were reserved for the populace, the Vy'keen.
Somewhere between the anomaly N07E24-X20T18 and the phenomenon of B08E24-Y2O0N1D9 the political system had changed again. While Oqudo still ruled the system, he now took up the mantle of Vy'keen-at-Arms and returned the system to a more autocratic reign of strength and honor. With a new feudal system established, Prefect Hefeichel was discharged and Navigator Neko was promoted to Resource Analyst. He now took care of the proper exploitation of the system instead of taking care of its trade. Neko also managed to restore relations with the nearby Korvax systems, which led to a huge increase in trade and travel exchange between the two parties.
The upheaval of the birth circle of the Atlas, called OR23I09-GI20NS20, has reshaped Beta Polaris. A new lush world has arisen to serve as its new glorious capital in Beta Polaris Prime and rich resources have come to aide the economy in shape of the radiated world of Mesby.
Alas, no dictator rules forever and the reign of Oqudo was short, even for a Vy'keen. Toppled during the birth cycle, but not killed, he was instead sent into exile. Now Aodanq has taken up the mantle of dictator and Vy'keen-at-Arms of Beta Polaris. Neko got shafted as well, a loyalist to the old regime. His replacement SalesGek Tulpa serves solely as a confidant and negotiating partner for the regime with the Gek trade guilds. The Gek have no direct power in Beta Polaris anymore.
His loyal aide Corporal Iayin commands the local Vy'keen forces and Conscript Shisehyr serves as bodyguard to the new and still weak position of dictator of Aodanq. Even though he did not dishonor Oqudo, his loyalists might still wish for his return.
Planets & Moons[edit | edit source]
- Dajal was the former prime of the system. After the anomaly the formerly scorched world has become a calm pangean irradiated world. The huge density of infrastructure did not survive this change.
- No Sentinel Activity
- Temperate Climate (27+°C at day).
- 6.2 Rad atmospheric radiation.
- Subterran Vortex Cubes
- Beta Polaris 2 was an irradiated pangean world under control of rogue sentinels. The sentinels are still there, but the planet has become a continental caustic ringworld.
- Oceanic Climate (11+°C)
- 57 Hammett atmospheric acidity.
- 67 Hammett solute acidity.
- 99 Hammett storm acidity.
- Tryol was a continental caustic world with huge acidic oceans. Today it still remains a continental world, but the entire planet is now a continental ice world.
- High Sentinel Activity
- -58.4°C at 9:00
- -63.2°C at mignight.
- -99.5°C during midday blizzards.
- -103.2°C during midnight blizzards.
- Beta Polaris Prime is a continental gaia world newly birthed during the OR23I09-GI20NS20 event.
- High Sentinel Activity
- Mesby is a pangean irradiated world newly birthed during the OR23I09-GI20NS20 event.
- 5.2 Rad basic radiation.
- 9.4 Rad storm radiation.
Waypoints[edit | edit source]
- Kotasit Station: 44.5 -89
- Copper Vein Class B (60%) right below it
Former Resources[edit | edit source]
- Salvageable Scrap (Tryol, lost during event B08E24-Y2O0N1D9)
Excavations[edit | edit source]
No expedition ever tried to salvage Tryol before the sentinels took possession of the scrap there.
Lifeforms[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
- CS-6 Ageocolies - Sentinel-Class Capital Freighter
- Gamizaw's Regret KT2 - Mosquito / Portal Base (-63.7 85)
Technology[edit | edit source]
Exosuit[edit | edit source]
MultiTool[edit | edit source]
Starship[edit | edit source]
Exocraft[edit | edit source]
- Exocraft Laser (S)