|Power usage||50 kPs|
Bio-Dome is a base building product.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The blueprint can only be obtained via Base Research Terminal inside the Anomaly.
Game description[edit | edit source]
An attractive domed room which is perfect for cultivating a wide range of botanical matter.
Build[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Although there are 16 available slots for growing plants, if a door is placed on the structure, three available slots will be removed. Therefore it is advised to use a ladder from below to maximize the number of plants that can be grown.
- It should be noted that building a room and ladder under each dome reduces the amount of domes you can have due to base complexity. You can actually have more domes of 13 slots that add up to more plants than what you’d get with the ladder method.
- If you remove the door from inside the dome, place the plants, and add a door, the plants will remain. This allows every bio-dome to have 16 slots.
- A corridor attached to a bio-dome will allow the full 16 slots to grow plants, even though one of them will be placed under the stairs attaching the corridor to the bio-dome.
- Bio-Domes are excellent for farming as they do not need any fuel to operate. They only require power to operate.
- Bio-Domes should mainly be used for plants that are not compatible with growing outdoors. This will save slots inside your domes for plants that are not outdoors hardy.
- Power consumption is 50kP
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Bug (2.32): Living Ship: When adding plants to a bio-dome that is on top of another structure, you may experience 'Invalid position' errors. To resolve this, remove any large objects (refiners, terminals) beneath the bio-dome, place your plants, then replace the large objects. Please report this bug here.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Foundation - added as a base-building component
- Atlas Rises - formula changed, formerly used Titanium, Glass, and Suspension Fluid
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Titanium, Glass, and Living Glass. The blueprint cannot be obtained from the blueprint merchant any longer.
- Beyond - Now require power to operate