|The subject of this article is from the Crossplay update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 16 July, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 16 July, 2020.
Biological Horror is a creature.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Biological Horror is a creature, more specifically classified as a Burrowing Monstrosity.
Their Whispering Eggs can also be found around dead worlds, lying around the surface without nests. They are the only creatures that can be encountered on dead worlds.
Warning[edit | edit source]
Destroying a Whispering Egg will drop a valuable Larval Core which if not picked up, will disappear in a few seconds.
At the same time, multiple Biological Horrors spawn, and if killed they will respawn until the player reaches a safe place, like entering a building. After a set amount of time they will retreat.
Their melee attack is a ram, and does incredible damage. If the horror rams the player and the player doesn’t move enough, the horror will repeatedly ram, as if it were thrashing. This makes horrors able to kill unsuspecting players extremely quickly.
There is a chance that the ram deals incredible knockback (launch of the player), instead of incredible damage. If this happens, the player will be catapulted in which ever way they were rammed. If the player is launched at the building, there is a chance they can get stuck in the wall and not be able to move, forcing them to log out. If the horror rams the player another way, they will fly through the air until they reach terrain. Be careful when encountering horrors on mountains or hills, as the knockback can throw a player from a mountain and send them hundreds, or if on a huge mountain, even thousands of units away.
As of NEXT 1.60, they received a spitting attack besides their melee one.
Bug (1.60): Sometimes Biological Horrors forget to use their spitting attack when the player is outside melee range, but still in attack range (for example the top of the building). Please report this bug here.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The creature cannot be scanned, instead a panel shows up immediately with minimal information (see screenshot below).
- When taking a mission about killing a certain number of Monstrosities, this creature is classified as one.
- They will not attack you while you are in an exocraft and will stop attacking you if you enter one, until a few seconds after you exit one.
- Building walls around the eggs will keep you safe from them.
- Digging small holes under the eggs and shooting from in there will keep you safe from them.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - This creature was added.
- NEXT 1.55 - The critical hit zone of Biological Horror is reduced.
- NEXT 1.57 - Combat music now triggers when fighting Biological Horror and its damage is slightly increased.
- NEXT 1.60 - New attack behaviour was added.
- Abyss 1.70 - Fixed an issue where Biological Horrors could become non-hostile after attacking an exocraft.
- Abyss 1.71 - Fixed an issue with Biological Horror in Permadeath mode.