Biome - Lush
|The subject of this article is from the Living Ship update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
Lush is one of the Biome varieties.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Worlds with lush biomes are characterized by colorful grass covering most of the surface. These are essentially the Earth-like planets. Depending on the amount of flora, trees can be sparsely found or sprawl into lush forests. Occasionally, one can find "Barren Lush" worlds where there is an almost, if not complete lack of flora, save for hostile vine whips. When viewed from space, it looks like it's covered by a carpet of grass. The resources Paraffinium, Star Bulb and Nitrogen can be found here.
These planets have the most varied types of Genera.
Yellow stars in Norm and Harsh galaxies have 2x higher chance to have lush planets, yellow stars in Lush galaxies have 4x higher chance, and yellow stars in Empty galaxies have the same chance as other star types.
Name generation[edit | edit source]
The biome type is indicated in the information panel when the player exits their starship. This is procedurally generated by adding one of the following prefixes to the Planet or Moon text.
The sequence is taken from the game file.
Conditions[edit | edit source]
- The weather here is the most ideal, as day and night temperatures don't enable hazard protection.
- Superheated rainstorms can occur. Hazard Protection drain is similar to being in a storm on a hot biome.
- Extreme weather lush worlds have seemingly everlasting rain, with superheated rainstorms occurring frequently. These storms are significantly more powerful, draining Hazard Protection in a similar rate as extreme heat storms in hot biomes.
Weather[edit | edit source]
|Sequence||Clear (No storms)||Normal||Extreme|
|1.||Temperate||Boiling Puddles||Boiling Superstorms|
|2.||Light Showers||Sweltering Damp||Intense Heatbursts|
|3.||Mild Rain||Superheated Drizzle||Superheated Rain|
|4.||Refreshing Breeze||Dangerously Hot Fog||Boiling Monsoons|
|5.||Humid||Choking Humidity||Broiling Humidity|
|6.||Pleasant||Mostly Calm||Painfully Hot Rain|
|7.||Balmy||Occasional Scalding Cloudbursts||Torrential Heat|
|8.||Mellow||Usually Mild||Blistering Floods|
|9.||Beautiful||Blistering Damp||Scalding Rainstorms|
|10.||Blissful||Lethal Humidity Outbreaks||Torrid Deluges|
Civilised space[edit | edit source]
- The lush biome is one of the 2 biomes to be considered candidates for Garden Worlds by the Arcadia Project, alongside the frozen biome.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The name generation and weather with their sequence are extracted from the 1.77 version of NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH.MBIN game file.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 1.38 nearly all gaia planets in survival and permadeath had aggressive sentinel presences forcing the player to face some challenge at all times on any given biome.
- Prior to 1.38, lush worlds in certain areas experienced acid storms instead of cold storms.
- As of 1.38, heatstorms were added to lush worlds instead of acid storms. It would also replace most if not all cold storms. This coincided with the addition of desert worlds with nightly freezing temperatures.