|Galactic coords||-NA- (for now)|
Blacksands Center is the HQ of The Looland Corporation.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Blacksands Center is the corporate headquarters of The Looland Corporation. It is a very large and imposing complex consisting of two large office towers, a smaller recreational building, and a garage built into the side of a mountain. Construction is on schedule and expected to be completed soon.
Building History[edit | edit source]
Blacksands Center was built out of necessity. The Looland Corporation and its subsidiaries needed a modern complex to reflect its renewed focus after moving operations to the Dagcutist Band region of the Euclid galaxy. Nestled between two hills and looking out over a narrow lake, the complex was built by Keldaro Defense Manufacturing, a division of The Looland Corporation.
Construction Materials/Construction Phases[edit | edit source]
Blacksands Center was built using massive amounts of locally mined black ferrite (hence the name of the complex) and locally harvested wood from groves of bodywine trees. KDM also utilized glass from Walker Pass LG Farm, their facility on the planet Yarta Osa in the Kahiylleteon system. Security for the project is provided by Oriac Security Concepts, a division of The Looland Corporation.
- PHASE 1 construction of lower outer shell and stairwells, basement (workspace, storage), first and second floors (lounges, conference room, offices) of main building
- PHASE 2 construction of upper outer shell and stairwells, third floor (lounge, offices), roof facilities, and entrance of main building
- PHASE 3 construction of exocraft garage, rear patio, four landing pads of main building, and communications tower of main building
- PHASE 4 excavation of sub-basement (laboratory) of main building; construction of outer shell and stairwell, and all floors (mixed-use) of second building
- PHASE 5 construction of elevated corridor between main building and second building, and two landing pads of second building, construction of temporary third building (limited-use)
- PHASE 6 construction of elevated corridor connecting main and second buildings to third building and two landing pads of third building, upgrade of third building to recreation facility, construction of, and paving of road from, new exocraft garage to edge of complex.
- PHASE 7 addition of three stories to main building (two additional floors added - office suites, lounges, large conference center)
- PHASE 8 (planned) expansion of exocraft garage, possible addition of five stories to main building, possible construction of a hotel/visitor's center nearby*
*The Looland Corporation is open to receiving bids for the construction and management of a hotel/visitor's center near the Blacksands Center complex.
Tenants[edit | edit source]
Besides housing the administrative staff and board of directors of The Looland Corporation, Blacksands Center also houses the major subsidiaries/divisions of the corporation.
|MAJOR SUBSIDIARY||EXCHANGE SYMBOL||HQ - SYSTEM||HQ - PLANET||PRESIDENT||EMPLOYEES||PRODUCTS/SERVICES|
|Looland Industrial Ordnance Supply Co.||LIO||Cleef||Notwen||sewercuse||liquid explosives, other farming, mining, R&D, etc.|
|Keldaro Defense Manufacturing||KDM||Kahiylleteon||Yarta Osa||QueenGhidora315||building contractors, weapons production, vehicle production, shipping, etc.|
|Oriac Security Concepts||OSC||Larrampilsan||Tedram||-CLASSIFIED-||security contractors, logistics, communications, R&D, etc.|
|Gilmour Research Group||GRG||Drugo||Drugon||Muad'Dweeb||marine exploration, marine life research, educational services, tourism, etc.|
Please stop by and visit our new headquarters. Portal access is on-planet. Use the following address to access the portal: 419BF9A81BFA The short flight from the portal to our complex offers breathtaking views of Yawlaffay's beautiful environs and rich diversity of wildlife. We look forward to your visit!
If your company wishes to lease an office suite in Blacksands Center's main or second buildings, please contact our representatives today! Space is filling up so HURRY!