|A powerful defensive weapon.|
|Category||Multi-tool - Weapons|
|Type||Energy Projectile Weapon|
|Recharged with||Projectile Ammunition|
|This article is about the current version of the Boltcaster. For the Atlas Rises version, see Boltcaster (Atlas).|
Summary[edit | edit source]
- To activate, switch from the Mining Beam by pressing the triangle button (PS4) or the 'G' key (PC).
- To reload, press the square button (PS4) or the 'R' key (PC).
Game description[edit | edit source]
Generalist weapon attachment for the Multi-Tool. Access fire mode by pressing [Triangle/G] and fire weapon with [R2/Left Mouse Button].
The Boltcaster reconfigures the Multi-Tool to supercharge Metallic Elements, firing them as high-velocity projectiles capable of causing extreme damage.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The Boltcaster begins with a 60-round magazine and consumes 1 round per shot.
- The spread is quadratic and not circular like in most games.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Added as a technology.
- Pathfinder - Shortburst Adaptor and Wideshot Adaptor independent upgrades were replaced by Pulse Spitter and Scatter Blaster, respectively.
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Iron and Plutonium. Barrel Ioniser and procedurally generated Boltcaster Upgrades added, while Homingbolt Adaptor and Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed.
- Desolation - Base damage increased. Boltcaster now fires in bursts, added tracer lines to Boltcaster projectiles and increased projectile speed.