|Category||Multi-tool - Weapons|
|Stats||/ / /|
Boltcaster Upgrade is a projectile technology.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Upgrade properties[edit | edit source]
Boltcaster Upgrades grant up to four of the following bonuses:
- Clip Size: extends the capacity of the Boltcaster's clip, allowing to fire for longer before a reload is needed.
- Damage: increases the damage of each shot.
- Fire Rate: decreases the time between each shot in a single burst.
- Reload Time: decreases the time to reload a new clip into the Boltcaster.
- Burst Cooldown: decreases the time between each burst of shots. (added in Desolation)
- Shots Per Burst: increases the number of shots per burst. (added in Desolation)
- Ricochet Module: causes missed shots to bounce off of surfaces they do not damage. (pre-Desolation)
|Info & pictures provided by Craig Mark of facebook.com/groups/NMSResources|
|Shots Per Burst||1.2||1.4|
Up to three Boltcaster Upgrades can be installed in the inventory of the Multi-tool. Installing four or more upgrades will disable all upgrades of that type until the upgrade count is reduced to three or less.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Boltcaster Upgrades can only be obtained by installing Boltcaster Modules.
Installing[edit | edit source]
Upgrade modules follow a static progression. The generation seed is used for all module families at the same time. During module installations it goes up by one. The new module they change into correlates to their order of installation. If the game is reloaded, the exact same pool will be offered to the player, no matter the order they install other modules.
Example: If an S-class module had 200 ly Hyperdrive Range bonus on the third installation no matter in what order the former modules are installed or their class, if the same S-class module is used third again, it will once again be the 200 ly bonus module even if the name changes. Only if used second or fourth the module stat may change.
Discovered Upgrade Modules[edit | edit source]
ID value can be established by using NMSSaveEditor, and this is the "seed" that determines what bonuses this upgrade will provide.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Upgrade bonuses trigger for Boltcaster Upgrades if they are adjacent to Boltcaster, Barrel Ioniser, Boltcaster SM, or each other, increasing their bonuses above listed values.
- Boltcaster shots affected by the Ricochet Module bonus are unable to damage reinforced doors, supply depots or Sentinel Walker torsos on direct hits. (It is not yet known whether shots are able to damage armored targets after a bounce.)
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - Added as a technology.
- Desolation - Removed "Ricochet Module" and added "Burst Cooldown" and "Shots Per Burst" as possible bonuses.