|This article is about the NEXT version of Boreas. For the Atlas Rises version, see Boreas (Atlas).|
|Spectral class||Yellow Star G0f|
|Distance to centre||818980 light-years|
|Conflict level||Sporadic (2)|
Boreas is an inhabited star system.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Boreas is an energy star system on the meridian between the Alpha Quadrant and Beta Quadrant in the Euclid galaxy. It is the extreme coordinate for the galactic y+ axis on h(0) and one of the cornerstones of Euclid. It lies directly at The Fade. It is also known as the North Pole.
The system of today is under supervision of Attendant Ventudutg in the name of the local government. The former patronage lost its power a while ago and forced Assistant Agogsplata to handover control of the old station. The prestige of being the north pole still didn't bolster the economy of Boreas, but the Gek at least keep the dangerous 'tourism' under control. The security is MEDIUM!
Traveller Nehou of The Synergy leads the Boreas embassy branch aboard the space station.
Aboard their redesigned space station the Gek still offer their stellar archive to travellers.
History[edit | edit source]
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
During the old era the system was under supervision of Assistant Agogsplata. The local patronage employed their own Vy'keen mercenaries, a courtesy short-lived after the Gek had shaken off the false promises of their patriarchs and went back to a more democratic system. No Vy'keen has ever been trusted with security since then. It is too easy to bribe them with the vague promise of a good fight.
Planets & Moons[edit | edit source]
- Boreas 1 had been a beautiful oceanic gaia world. It never was a true jewel however. It was and remains to this day a rogue sentinel base and is under their partial control. This prevents its economic rise and it is neither Boreas main transport nor trade hub. Since the anomaly the former planet of Shilovo has seen a steady raise in toxicity. If it is an attempt of the rogue sentinels to extinguish life is unknown, but it has definetly become even less hospitable to visitors than with the sentinels alone. The Kessler-Effect of the enclosing asteroid girdle of the ringworld doesn't help its cause. Nobody even cares to address the toxic ringworld by its former name.
- Boreas 2, the former Boreas Prime, was a radioactive planet and was established as its main transport hub for the newly established Portal Network. After the anomaly's devastation the planet has lost its entire atmosphere and all species and plantlife died. It has become a dead world.
- Ebostian, the former Oruz, was an arctic world. Today it has returned to a temperate climate, but its atmosphere has become less friendly. It is a calm irradiated world with mild radiaton (Lv.1) and the system's new tradehub after the death of its neighbouring planet.
- Sephisso, the former Boreas 3A was a desert world with choking cold nights of -91.7°C and hot days of 50.3°C. Sunstorms quickly brought this tropical temperature to a boiling 131.4°C betimes and rid it of any life. The moon was dead. However, the anomaly reseeded life on the planet, now hardened to withstand its extremes. The following greenhouse effect made this worse turning the former desert moon into a full blown extremely deadly scorched world which tries to burn one alive even at night (Danger Lv.4+).
- Enfield, the former Boreas 4, was an extreme scorched world. Unlike Boreas 3A, this planet was permanently overheated. The temperature didn't drop below 106.3°C even at night and rose to 301.1°C during sunstorms. Today it has cooled down with still deadly heat during the day (Lv.1) and very deadly cold nights (Lv.3+). It has become a dangerous desert world.
Lifeforms[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
- Overall: 7 Shuttles, 3 Fighter, 3 Explorer, 7 Hauler, 1 Exotic, 3 Freighter, 1 Capital Freighter
Technology[edit | edit source]
Reroll Option: 68 Nanites
Exosuit[edit | edit source]
- Radiation Protection (S) 9.7%
MultiTool[edit | edit source]
- Mining Beam (S) 11%
- Plasma Launcher (S) 8.7%
Starship[edit | edit source]
- Cyclotron (S) 9%
Trade[edit | edit source]
General: Sell 50.9% / Buy -25.4%