|This article is about the Origins version of Boreas. For the NEXT version, see Boreas (Next).|
|Distance to centre||818980 light‑years|
|Conflict level||Sporadic (2)|
|Claimed by||Forgotten Colonies|
Boreas is an inhabited star system.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Boreas is an energy star system on the meridian between the Alpha Quadrant and Beta Quadrant in the Euclid galaxy. It is the extreme coordinate for the galactic y+ axis on h(0) and one of the cornerstones of Euclid. It lies directly at The Fade. It is also known as the North Pole.
The system as of today is under supervision of Assistant Ammostup of the confederacy. SalesGek Taykseyois leads the merchant fleet and ToilGek Loda organizes the local affairs of the planets. Vy'keen Sentinel Hunter Nugjanna has reclaimed a position of honor for his people, aiding the Gek in matters of local security, personal and military. The prestige of being the north pole still didn't bolster the economy of Boreas, but the Gek at least keep the dangerous 'tourism' under control. The security is MEDIUM!
Traveller Uttesh of The Synergy leads the ancient Boreas embassy branch aboard the space station in second generation.
Aboard their redesigned space station the Gek still offer their stellar archive to travellers.
History[edit | edit source]
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
During the old era the system was under supervision of Assistant Agogsplata. The local patronage employed their own Vy'keen mercenaries, a courtesy short-lived after the Gek had shaken off the false promises of their patriarchs and went back to a more democratic system. No Vy'keen has ever been trusted with security since then. It is too easy to bribe them with the vague promise of a good fight. Under supervision of Attendant Ventudutg leading the local government the world continued. Traveller Nehou of The Synergy lead the Boreas embassy branch aboard the space station after he established the permanent Inner Outer Rim embassy early on during the collapse of the wormhole network. Today The Synergy yet remains in what is believed to be one of their oldest concurrent embassies, now under new leadership of Traveller Uttesh. The Gek meanwhile forgave the Vy'keen and even started to trade with the nearby Korvax. As such their government has become less centralized and more like their brethrens similar merchant republics. Surely nothing will endanger the glorious future of Boreas!
Planets & Moons[edit | edit source]
- Boreas 1 had been a beautiful oceanic gaia world. It never was a true jewel however. It was and remains to this day a rogue sentinel base and is under their partial control. This prevents its economic rise and it is neither Boreas main transport nor trade hub. Since the anomaly the former planet of Shilovo has seen a steady raise in toxicity. If it is an attempt of the rogue sentinels to extinguish life is unknown, but it has definetly become even less hospitable to visitors than with the sentinels alone. The Kessler-Effect of the enclosing asteroid girdle of the ringworld doesn't help its cause. Nobody even cares to address the toxic semi-oceanic ringworld by its former name.
- Boreas 2, the former Boreas Prime, was a radioactive planet and was established as its main transport hub for the newly established Portal Network. After the anomaly's devastation the planet has lost its entire atmosphere and all species and plantlife died. It has become a dead pangean world.
- Ebostian, the former Oruz, was an arctic world. Today it has returned to a temperate climate, but its atmosphere has become less friendly. It is a calm irradiated pangean world with mild radiaton (Lv.1) and the system's new tradehub after the death of its neighbouring planet.
- Sephisso, the former Boreas 3A was a desert world with choking cold nights of -91.7°C and hot days of 50.3°C. Sunstorms quickly brought this tropical temperature to a boiling 131.4°C betimes and rid it of any life. The moon was dead. However, the anomaly reseeded life on the planet, now hardened to withstand its extremes. The following greenhouse effect made this worse turning the former desert moon into a full blown extremely deadly scorched pangean moon which tries to burn one alive even at night (Danger Lv.4+).
- Enfield, the former Boreas 4, was an extreme scorched world. Unlike Boreas 3A, this planet was permanently overheated. The temperature didn't drop below 106.3°C even at night and rose to 301.1°C during sunstorms. Today it has cooled down with still deadly heat during the day (Lv.1) and very deadly cold nights (Lv.3+). It has become a dangerous pangean desert world.
- Tanago has been created in the recent Atlassian birthcycle. The new world is a pangean frozen world with rather mild climate.
Lifeforms[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
- Overall: 7 Shuttles, 3 Fighter, 3 Explorer, 7 Hauler, 1 Exotic, 3 Freighter, 1 Capital Freighter
Technology[edit | edit source]
Trade[edit | edit source]
General: Sell 50.9% / Buy -25.4%