|The subject of this article is from the Living Ship update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
This page is a background page.
Summary[edit | edit source]
No Man's Sky is a British game, created by the British software team of Hello Games. As a result, there are occasional British spellings of words that differ from American English.
Wiki position on spelling[edit | edit source]
This wiki has chosen to use the British spellings whenever possible as specified in No Mans Sky Wiki:Explained - General Rules#Other content:
- As this is a British-published game, the British spelling for words as chosen by Hello Games should be used if different than the Americanized spelling. (aluminium, civilisation, mould, centre, armourer etc)
Noted differences[edit | edit source]
The following words are those most commonly seen, with the American spelling listed first:
- Aluminum - Aluminium
- Armor - Ablative Armour
- Armored Clam - Armoured Clam
- Armorer - Armourer
- Center - Centre
- Civilization - Civilised
- Defense - Defence
- Electron Vapor - Electron Vapour
- Fuel Oxidizer - Fuel Oxidiser
- Fungal Mold - Fungal Mould
- Ionized Cobalt - Ionised Cobalt
- Magnetized Ferrite - Magnetised Ferrite
- Runaway Mold - Runaway Mould
- Traveler - Traveller
Additional information[edit | edit source]
In most cases, the difference in spelling is using an "s" instead of "z", or in adding an extra "u"
The only major exception where the American spelling is used is in references to Civilized space.