|The subject of this article is from the Crossplay update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 16 July, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 16 July, 2020.
|This page fills the role of Embassy for a Civilized Space community. The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.|
|Capital system||≫HEART OF -42≪|
|Capital planet||Republic Of Peace ⋅TEA⋅|
|Size||18 (Physical residents)|
|Type||casual, community driven, co-op|
|Founded by||NMSCafe aka Llamajuu|
|Platform||PS4, XBox, PC|
|This article is about the Crossplay version of Cafe 42. For the Atlas Rises version, see Cafe 42 (Atlas).|
Cafe 42 is a civilized space community.
Cafe 42 is proud to announce its first ever in-game civilization.
Come share your creativity, skills, farm, discover and document stuff - or just hang out co-op style and have fun! That's what the Café is all about:
- Good vibes
- Peaceful coexistence
Welcome to the Café!
The "Café mindset" came about after realizing a social hub of its kind didn't exist yet, even a year after release. The No Man's Sky Café Amino was set up as a place of open ambassadorship. The dream was for everyone to be equally represented; all playstyles, platforms, and players free to talk openly with shared excitement for what we all love. It's creator wanted a home for everyone to feel welcome without being specific to promoting only certain content or groups, while creating bonds with everyone as friends in peace. This was accomplished, but as the Amino grew, people started asking where exactly the Café was.
Llamajuu built the Café in game a few times, each being overwritten in a propaganda style effort by a Youtuber- and with the NEXT update then on the horizon, Llamajuu and the Amino members decided to wait and do something bigger. By this time we had over 500 members, and the question became "Where is our hub, we have a civilization, right?" So a hub was made, Pre NEXT. This was changed by the RNG to become comprised of mostly dead economy or uncharted and abandoned systems. Names didn't show properly. This was quickly abandoned, and the Amino members hunted the farthest reaches for something new. Llamajuu was asking for a sign, and that's when they found the Koffee Band region. The first place they came to was predominantly Korvax, and in the room of the outpost was a table with a cloth on it, and there it was - a mug. With that sign, this region became home, with room to expand aplenty, being over 1 million LR from center, space is not at a premium.
Café 42 are neighbors to:
Due to 'Anti Civ Factions' renaming systems for annexation and trolling and having received threats of such action, each system here is already named in true Café fashion. Encompassing the vibe of the community, these are varied and fun with nods to both the Café and Hello Games, as well as Sci-Fi in general- each system is unique.
You'll find they fall into categories:
- Famous fictional references
- Inside jokes between members
- Community-wide references
All of these pre-named systems end in " -42 ". Our civ encompasses anything tagged -42. All of the planets within are free to name however you wish.
If this doesn't appeal to you:
- There's a region that touches us at the side to expand, the Sotier Void region
- The region above us, the Lodbilu Instability
- And below, the region of Mepdorf Nebula.
- These are free to name as you like - we only ask that you tag it with -42 at the end so we know you're one of ours.
Please just keep this as PG-13 as possible due to some younger travellers out and about.
If you want to join, there's several options open to you.
- You can join our community! (recommended) at: Amino Group
Our census page can be found at Census - Cafe 42.
The following systems have been discovered:
- Embassy of Hope -42
- Blue Milk -42
- Aegea -42
- Korvaxian Illuminati -42
- Forgotten Towel -42
- Max Rebo -42
- Betelgeuse -42
- Espresso -42
- Jawas -42
- Sentient Roomba -42
- Solong&Thx4allDeFish -42
- Zen -42
- Nerfherder -42
- Akira -42
- Nanu-Nanu -42
- New Dawn -42
And many, many, many more.
Post Euclid Systems
- Dearki-Café Exit 42/24
- Urmans-Café Exit 42/28
- Thlasvega-Café Exit 42-30
- Hey,Ho, Let's Go! -42/31
- 10 To Go -32 Exit- NMS Cafe
- 33 Calamari on the wall.. 42/33
- Brefaddur II
- Arched XIX
- Druzay-Café Exit 42\36
- Far Cry 42 - Exit 37 - NMS Cafe
- Don't be late -Exit 38- NMS Cafe
- Exit 39
Core rules for this civilization include:
- Be a respectful Traveller, kind and helpful to those around you.
- Have fun! It's the physical embodiment of the NMS Café Amino; we're very chill minded individuals that just enjoy each other's creations, discovery, documentation, findings, and company.
- We aren't a governmental faction. We're not into politics, nor drama. This is protected space, though. As leader of the UPA, we won't police the region but we will certainly protect its inhabitants from trolls or would-be assailants.
- We strive to prove that fun can be had without stress, to bring a fun, positive light to the previous darkness of the Delta quadrant and to create something new that everyone can enjoy together.