The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This page fills the role of Embassy for a Civilized Space community. The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.|
|Capital system||HEART OF -42|
|Capital planet||Republic of Peace .TEA.|
|Port system||Snowell Retreat|
|Size||18 (Physical residents)|
|Type||casual, community driven, co-op|
|Founded by||NMSCafe aka Llamajuu|
|This article is about the Visions version of Cafe 42. For the Atlas Rises version, see Cafe 42 (Atlas).|
Cafe 42 is a civilized space community.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Cafe 42 is proud to announce its first ever in-game civilization.
Come share your creativity, skills, farm, discover and document stuff - or just hang out co-op style and have fun! That's what the Café is all about:
- Good vibes
- Peaceful coexistence
Welcome to the Cafe'!
Background[edit | edit source]
The "Cafe'mindset" came about after realizing a social hub of its' kind didn't exist yet, even after a year post-release. The No Man's Sky or, NMS Cafe' Amino was set up as a place of open ambassadorship - The dream was all platforms equally represented, all hubs, civs, single loners, random casual players, legacy hard core enthusiasts, players in every galaxy and mode, and content creators to talk openly with shared excitement for what we all love. We wanted a home for everyone to feel welcome without being specific to promoting only certain content or groups, while creating bonds with everyone as friends in peace. We accomplished this, but as we grew, people started asking where exactly the Cafe was.
I built the Cafe in game simply as a base a few times. Eventually they were each overwritten in a propaganda style effort by a Youtuber- and with the NEXT update then on the horizon, we decided to wait and do something bigger. By this time we had over 500 members, and the question became "Where is our hub, we have a civilization, right?" So we made one. Pre NEXT. This was changed by the RNG to become comprised of mostly dead economy or uncharted/abandoned systems. Names didn't show properly. We left this and hunted the farthest reaches for something new...something amazing. I wanted a sign - and that's when I found the Koffee Band region. The first place I came to was Korvax, and in the room of the outpost was a table with a cloth on it, and there it was - a mug. That's it. It was kismet. So this is now our home, with room to expand aplenty - we are over 1 million LR from center, we have all the room we need!
We are neighbors to:
- GCC (on PC, user Quanta started this as a banking civ, unrelated to Boid's construction group.)
- Hidden Panda Bank and Trust
- Star Wars Galactic Empire
Naming Guidelines[edit | edit source]
Due to 'Anti Civ Factions' renaming systems for annexation and trolling and having received threats of such action, each system here is already named in true Cafe' fashion. Encompassing the vibe of the community, these are varied and fun with nods to both the Cafe and Hello Game's inspiration and Sci-Fi in general- each system being unique.
- You'll find they fall into categories:
- ~ Famous fictional locations, species and races.
- ~ Drinks, funny inside jokes like the Sentient Roomba (looking at u/nevadander) and other fun oddities :)
- ~ The remainder are robots, creatures, memorabilia and references to the community as a whole and more.
- All of these pre-named systems end in " -42 ". Our civ encompasses anything tagged -42.
- All of the planets within are free to name however you wish.
If this doesn't appeal to you:
- There's a region that touches us at the side to expand, the Sotier Void region
- The region above us, the Lodbilu Instability
- And below, the region of Mepdorf Nebula.
- These are free to name as you like - we only ask that you tag it with -42 at the end so we know you're one of ours.
Please just keep this as PG-13 as possible due to some younger travellers out and about.
Joining[edit | edit source]
If you want to join, there's several options open to you.
- You can message me on Twitter, @NMScafe
- You can join our community! (recommended) at: Amino Group
- (Amino is a free app available on iOS and Android, but can be used on PC with BlueStacks quite well.)
- And more options to come soon.
Members[edit | edit source]
|Member name||PC/PS4/Xbox||Home planet|
|Llamajuu||PS4||Multiple bases (9+)|
|DG_Squared||PS4||Multiple Bases (2+)|
Systems Discovered[edit | edit source]
The following systems have been discovered:
And many, many, many more.
Post Euclid Systems[edit | edit source]
- Dearki-Café Exit 42/24
- Urmans-Cafe Exit 42/28
- Thlasvega-Cafe Exit 42-30
- Hey,Ho, Let's Go! -42/31
- 10 To Go -32 Exit- NMS Cafe
- 33 Calamari on the wall.. 42/33
- Brefaddur II
- Arched XIX
- Druzay-Cafe Exit 42\36
- Far Cry 42 - Exit 37 - NMS Cafe
- Don't be late -Exit 38- NMS Cafe
Rules[edit | edit source]
Core rules for this civilization include:
- Be a respectful Traveller, kind and helpful to those around you.
- Have fun! It's the physical embodiment of the NMS Café Amino; we're very chill minded individuals that just enjoy each other's creations, discovery, documentation, findings, and company.
- We aren't a governmental faction. We're not into politics, nor drama. This is protected space, though. As leader of the UPA, we won't police the region but we will certainly protect its inhabitants from trolls or would-be assailants.
- We strive to prove that fun can be had without stress, to bring a fun, positive light to the previous darkness of the Delta quadrant and to create something new that everyone can enjoy together.