Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Celestial Kingdoms of Irling
The information from this article is up-to-date.
|This page fills the role of Embassy for a Civilized Space community. The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.|
|Celestial Kingdoms of Irling|
|Region||Sea of Irling|
|Capital system||Celestial Kingdoms|
|Capital planet||King's Borough|
|Port system||Celestial Kingdoms|
|Founded by||Carter Brentwood|
The Celestial Kingdoms of Irling is a civilized space community.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Celestial Kingdoms features a Feudalistic Monarchy with each planet being controlled by a different faction (known as Houses). Each house is controlled by a Lord who functions similar to a governor, but with more control over his/her territory. The central government is a Royal monarchy lead by a King or Queen who is elected by the Lords of the Celestial Kingdoms. This monarch must themselves be a Lord/Lady in order to be eligible.
Mission[edit | edit source]
Our mission is to continue advancements galaxy-wide by organizing citizens and creating a controlled environment. It's our hope to foster a community which will display wonderful opportunities for those interested in lore, roleplay, multiplayer gaming, and building.
Government and Politics[edit | edit source]
The government of the Celestial Kingdoms is a Feudalistic-Monarchy, with a King ruling the star system and several Lords controlling the various plants in the system.
Factions[edit | edit source]
The Royal Party[edit | edit source]
The Royal Party acts as the central government of the Celestial Kingdoms. Members of the Royal Party make final decisions regarding internal policy and they direct all external operations.
- King (or Queen), this monarch has unilateral authority to make all final decisions within the Kingdoms. In order to obtain this position, one must be the Lord of one of the Celestial Houses and then be elected by their peers.
The Council[edit | edit source]
The Celestial Council is a group of topic experts who advise the Royal Party and control various departments. Councillors are appointed by and serve at the crown’s pleasure.
- Councillor of Coin, serves in a position similar to a typical treasurer. This councillor is responsible for overseeing the distribution of funds for government projects and advising the crown on maintaining a stable economy.
- Councillor of War and Intelligence, is responsible for coordinating with all Lords, Nobles, and Militia leaders, as well as the Royal Army and the Crown, in order to assemble a united force in times of war with external civilizations. This councillor is also tasked with managing intelligence gathering and combat operations.
- Councillor of Defense, is tasked with managing policy regarding the defense of the Celestial Kingdoms and directing counter-intelligence operations.
- Councillor of House Relations, acts as a liaison between the different Houses. This councillor is responsible for establishing connections with House officials, promoting an environment of peace and prosperity between Houses, and, in times of Inter-House/Civil War, advises the Crown on which faction to support.
The Houses[edit | edit source]
Each of the six planets in the Celestial Kingdoms is controlled by a different faction known as a House. Each House is governed by a Lord who is granted territory by the Royal Party. Lords have near complete dominion over day-to-day operations in their territories and Houses can manage trade with, make alliances with, and declare war on each other.
- House Brentwood, is the oldest of the Houses and was established by the civilizations founder King Carter Brentwood. This House encourages and places focuses on the traits of honor, boldness, and candor. Their home planet of Oathford is regarded for its highly functional economy and privy trade practices as well as its floating castles and unique architecture. This faction is currently commanded by King Carter I of House Brentwood.
- House Fides, a faction which has domain over the frosty planet of... Frostham. This House was established by and is controlled by Lord Cole Fides. Despite their mostly, blue planet, House Fides is represented with the color Red.
- House Dar’selli, a newly established house created by Lord Crow Dar’selli on the desert moon of Oasos which orbits Frostham. Similar to the faction which they orbit, House Dar’selli uses the contrasting color of Blue to represent their house in their orange environment.
- House Khayos, established by a regarded galactic goddess and Geknip Gang member, Fox Goddess Shardvixen Khayos became a Lord and established a faction on the irradiated planet of Gammea and sanctioned master builders to create wonderful creations in her new domain. House Khayos is represented by the color pink.
Economy[edit | edit source]
This civilization utilizes a capitalist economic system with free trade and nearly no regulation on private industry.Economic regulations which do exist are enacted by the Royal Party in consultation with the Councillor of Coin. The government of the Celestial Kingdoms does provide grants and subsidies for corporations who decide to move their business to the Kingdoms.
Companies[edit | edit source]
The government of the Celestial Kingdoms has plans for several private companies to reside in their space.
Here's a list of current companies which reside and conduct business in the Celestial Kingdoms:
Trailblazer Firm[edit | edit source]
The Trailblazer Firm, Carter Brentwood’s privately-owned conglomerate has operated out of the Celestial Kingdoms since its creation. The firm has vowed to create its primary headquarters in the Celestial Kingdoms and will move its subsidiary companies; The Brentwood Group and Omega Expeditions there as well.
Æther Mercenary Corps[edit | edit source]
Æther Mercenary Corps executive Kowski42 agreed-in-principal to create an outpost-headquarters in the Celestial Kingdoms in exchange for an undisclosed amount of units provided by the Kingdoms in a government incentive package.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Celestial Kingdoms were created on June 12, 2019 by Carter Brentwood. An entrepreneur with several business ventures, but no real place to call home; Brentwood decided he would create his own home. Carter had a vision for a Kingdom with a government that would be neither harsh and imbalanced or slow-moving and bureaucratic. After some research, he concluded that a Feudalistic form of a monarchy with a more structured system could achieve this goal.
His dream became a reality when the Celestial Kingdoms were established in 2019. After recruiting essential government staff and filling the Royal court, Brentwood declared himself King of The Celestial Kingdoms of Irling. This would be the start of an era of hope and wonder.
Joining[edit | edit source]
Players interested in joining the Celestial Kingdoms have several outlets and methods.
- If you are interested in simply becoming a resident, simply add yourself to the census upon arrival.
- If you are interested in any government, military, or private business venture within our territory - contact as via NMS_CelestialKingdoms or on our Discord
Census[edit | edit source]
Our census can be found at Census - Celestial Kingdoms of Irling.
Territory[edit | edit source]
- Celestial Kingdoms, our capital system and Hub.
Colonies[edit | edit source]
- Irling, the only inhabited colony of the Celestial Kingdoms. Irling colonists are represented by a single Lord.
Territories[edit | edit source]
- Oebeston, an uninhabited star system occasionally used by the Celestial Kingdoms for mineral extraction.
- Portford, a port system, this uninhabited territory contains a black hole used to travel from the Sea of Vorybudis to the Sea of Irling.
- Old Vorybudis, once the capital of a great civilization, this system contains ruins and relics from an old and mostly forgotten Kingdom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Celestial Kingdoms are based on George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series which features 7 feudal kingdoms vying for power.
- The Celestial Kingdoms were also influenced by the War of the Roses, a historical series of event which took place in mid-1400s on Terra.