The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki. Galactic Hub excepted.|
|This article is about the Visions version of Civilized Space. For the Atlas Rises version, see Civilized space (Atlas).|
Civilized Space regions of the No Man's Sky universe are local groupings formed by individual or groups of players.
As the number of civilizations has grown, the politics between nations has also flourished. To increase civility between communities, please refrain from making changes directly to this page.
If you have suggestions for edits or additions, simply add them to the Discussion page for consideration.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Categories
- 4 Companies
- 5 Alliances
- 6 Civilized Space Map
- 7 Navigation zones - Euclid
- 8 Navigation zones - Budullangr (G7)
- 9 Navigation zones - Eissentam (G10)
- 10 Navigation zones - Rerasmutul (G18)
- 11 Navigation zones - Isdoraijung (G19)
- 12 Events
As limited means of traveler interaction have become possible and pahefu of the Pilgrim Star introduced a navigation app, some zones of space have become loose confederacies and destinations for other travelers. These are known in general as Civilizations or Civilized Space Zones.
While the majority of documented civilizations are in Euclid, the following list also includes civs from other galaxies.
In order to be recognised as a civilization on this index page, the following requirements must be met:
- 1) an embassy page is present in the wiki
- 2) a minimum of five star system pages discovered by the civilization are present in the wiki (and in good order)
- 3) the civilization's founder is involved only with the new civilization (basically one civ to a customer)
- 4) an official request for inclusion from the founder is present on the Discussion page
- 4a) this request must be renewed whenever a major new update is released (such as from Atlas Rises to NEXT)
All Civilizations can be categorized based on population size. Examples of this include "Hub" or "Rural" civilizations.
These amorphous zones of civilized space also tend to be unified by a general shared purpose. Related gameplay tends to involve a mixture of "Fanfiction" or "Profit" along with actual gameplay elements, with some civilizations focusing more on one or the other. In some rare cases players are connected through accomplishments rather than location and are considered a "Non-localized" community. Given the many updates that No Man's Sky has received since it's release, it is likely that as more updates are introduced, the many possibilities for Civilized Space will increase as their influence grows through the galaxies.
In addition to political organizations, there are also business organisations which are referred to as Companies. The rules are generally the same as for civilised spaces, but the focus and organizations may differ somewhat.
As the number of civilizations has grown, some have banded together behind common goals and purposes. Once a group reaches a minimum membership of five civilized space communities, each of which has documented five star systems, they may apply for recognition as an official alliance.
|United Federation of Travelers - The Federation is an alliance of multiple civilizations dedicated to the Four Pillars of the Federation, "To document, aid, create, and communicate." First known alliance of multiple civilizations.|
|Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT is a real world unincorporated association of Nomadic No Man's Sky players and multiple player civilizations that establish one embassy hub per galaxy and multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Travellers. The Alliance currently has active members making discoveries and colonizing in every system between Euclid and the Hyades galaxy.|
Civilized Space Map
Image Map of all known civilizations as of February 21, 2019.
Clicking on a civilization in the picture causes the browser to load the appropriate article / Mouseover = Coordinates.
Only civilizations that meet the above requirements are listed here.
- Commonwealth of Independent Systems - "Our mission is to create a commonwealth where everyone can feel safe, to have friends, and partners. The mission of our civilization is to prevent loneliness and give a home to everybody."
- Korvax Ascendancy - "Our mission is to tame the wild expanse of space, and reign fairly over our dominion."
- Artifices Caeli - is a Latin phrase which represents the role of a group of World Modifiers (Modders). "Modders change the world simply by writing Signs and changing numbers, Atlas is manipulable, and the sky is ours - from the Signs we alter, new worlds generate, and we become part of Caelus."
- Euclidean Scholar's Society - is a No Man's Sky's organization dedicated to the exploration and study of the universe.
- Geknip Gang Hub - is a group of gamers from all platforms and locations around the world who all banded together originally through a mutual love of No Man's Sky, but enjoy playing and streaming other games as well.
- Nibiran Freelanders - The purpose of the Oligarchy is to establish a new territory and bases around the Euclid galaxy and beyond, trade, farm, profit, but most importantly to become a convenient neutral-ground free from the reach of the Federation, but not caught up in the chaos in the underworld.
- Oxalis - is a Civilized Space Zone located near the center of the Euclid galaxy. The 10 stars of Oxalis are part of the Nesdorinux Project.
- Republica Galactica - is a community to play No Man's Sky in a peaceful and fun way, where we can all share experience and learn tricks and more from other players.
- United Galactic Corps - The UGC is a Civilized space community that attempts to include all gameplay mechanics into our civilization. "We operate four-man teams for exploring, building, security, farming, and trading".
- Wastelanders - is located in the Yiwotyata Band region of the Euclid galaxy. "Our mission is to band together and strive to build a great community".
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - is a Civilized space alliance of Travellers or No Man's Sky players and civilizations of players participating in nomadic exploration oriented gameplay within the NMS universe.
- Arcadian Republic - is the governing body of the Yokoju Fringe, previously known as the Yokojulia Adjunct. They fund and operate The Arcadia Project which seeks to explore and map the region, and find and document all suitable Garden Worlds.
- Empire of Achenar - Their mission is to provide political information to those who request it, to encourage political education, to ensure stability, and to rule fairly and provide the needs to those under the Empire.
- Empire of Jatriwil - The civilisation is focused on exploration, documentation, farming, sharing content, and has an excellent community. All Interlopers will be welcome to visit or settle if they wish.
- Galactic Hub Project - an exploration-focused community with a high population of Interlopers, based in The Arm of Vezitinen and 10 surrounding regions.
- Stream of P0ne - a non-localized type of civilization, open to any travelers who want to explore the Euclid Core and beyond. Our mission is to together not only travel and discover but with expertise also add our discoveries to the NMS Wiki. Helping each other out as a true civilization and enjoy the exploring together.
- Sumoha Starfleet - is a nomad society born in the Diuhei Nebula region of the Euclid galaxy.
- Tau Empire Au'ra Sept - They seek to expand their territory and influence for the Greater good. During any conflict against other intelligent species, Tau Commanders often urge the enemy leaders to stop resisting the Tau Empire since they will be allowed to retain their own individual faiths and philosophical beliefs as long as they are compatible with the Greater Good.
- The Colonial Fleet - is comprised as a single state inspired and based on the Battlestar Galactica lore. The purpose of the Colonial Fleet is to colonize, industrialize, and prosper. We aim to rebuild our civilization with grandiose structures that depicted the society and ecosystem before the Fall of the Colonies.
- The Communist Constellations of U.S.S.R - a group whose mission is to spread the communist manifesto to all corners of space and liberate the alien proletariat from the bourgeois shackles in a galactic revolution.
- The Union Confederal - Our mission is to create order in our small section of space and govern the bodies that inhabit them. We want a sense of community to be apparent throughout the vastness of space and disallow the feeling of emptiness space inevitably creates.
- Aviszar Cartel - A Crime Syndicate and Head of Organized Crime within the Euclid galaxy, the Cartel aims to bring legitimate business through Profit, Exploration and Trade.
- Domus Stellaris Confederation - is a Civilized space community, created with the intent of providing order and stability throughout the galaxy.
- Dopelord Confederacy - The Dopelord Confederacy's mission is to seek fortune and fame among the stars with their economic and military power.
- Empire of Pirates and Independent Cartels (EPIC) - This community's goal is a very localized community mix of roleplay combined with in-game events and activities. The search for those of a like-minded cause: throwing off the shackles of tyrannical government in favor of a New Law - that of Self-Governance.
- Forgotten Colonies - Is a story and roleplay hub on the fringe of civilized space in No Man's Sky. It represents the distant settlements and factions striving for dominance along the outer border of the Euclid galaxy, the Fade. After the cataclysmic temporal anomaly, the rebuild remnants of the Outer Rim Expedition regrouped in Alpha Polaris and Delta Polaris to renew the discovery and study of the fringe and help the Atlas recover from its fatal circle of decay. This renewed mission is the Euclidian Restoration.
- Lanny Poo Empire - An empire near the Forgotten Colonies with advanced technology and lush planets. The empire is very peaceful and has its own culture not seen in any other part of the galaxy or universe as a whole. It is also speculated by many and claimed by the empire that they control a system with a Black Hole allowing travel to different systems at any time.
- NMP Republic - is a community that makes decisions that are a best fit for its players inside. "Our goals as a community are to explore, trade, and continue to become civilized within our claimed land. We sponsor giveaways, race events, and PvP matchups between our members allowing for the top tier experiences a player can ask for".
- Vexan Union - "Our mission is to explore and exploit the galaxies in an effort to push the limits of Atlas' simulation."
- Galactic Hub Budullangr - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Budullangr galaxy.
- Eissentam Confederated Systems - is a peaceful organization that promotes working together and sharing discoveries. The secondary goal is to explore, trade, and help new travelers as needed.
- Galactic Hub Eissentam - an expansion of the Galactic Hub Project community into the 10th galaxy, Eissentam. After the Atlas Rises update, Eissentam has many Lush planets.
- Galactic Republic of Eissentam - The republic does not interfere with any pre-existing Galactic Organizations, Empires, Governments, HUBs, Clans, Confederacies,or any other civilized region of space.
- Eyfert Khannate - a fledgling civilization based in the first red galaxy, Rerasmutul. Its main area of control is the Tenhoe Nebula. The regional capital is Egionetsk and the seat of power is the planet Edaemon VII. The civilized space is based in the Tenhoe Nebula but the name comes from the region of Eyfert.
- =CIAT= Atlas Civilization - is dedicated to helping other players, especially by improving their technologies. They search for the best technologies, blueprints, improvements, multi-tools and spacecraft while exploring solar systems, planets, and different universes. They are based in the Gamma quadrant's Olamba Cluster.