The information from this article is up-to-date.
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki. Galactic Hub excepted.|
There are multiple versions of the Civilized Space page, based on game release.
- For the Beyond version, visit Civilized space
- For the Visions version, visit Civilized space (Visions)
- For the Atlas Rises version, visit Civilized space (Atlas)
Civilized Space regions of the No Man's Sky universe are local groupings formed by individual or groups of players.
As the number of civilizations has grown, the politics between nations has also flourished. To maintain civility between communities, please leave suggestions for edits or additions on the Discussion page for consideration.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Categories
- 4 Companies
- 5 Alliances
- 6 Civilized Space Map
- 7 Navigation zones - Euclid
- 8 Navigation zones - Calypso (G3)
- 9 Navigation zones - Budullangr (G7)
- 10 Navigation zones - Eissentam (G10)
- 11 Navigation zones - Rerasmutul (G18)
- 12 Additional information
As limited means of traveler interaction have become possible and pahefu of the Pilgrim Star introduced a navigation app, some zones of space have become loose confederacies and destinations for other travelers. These are known in general as Civilizations or Civilized Space Zones.
While the majority of documented civilizations are in Euclid, the following list also includes civs from other galaxies.
In order to be recognised as a civilization on this index page, the following requirements must be met:
- 1) an embassy page is present in the wiki
- 2) a minimum of five star system pages discovered by the civilization are present in the wiki (and in good order)
- 3) the civilization's founder is involved only with the new civilization (basically one civ or company to a customer)
- 4) an official request for inclusion from the founder is present on the Discussion page
- 4a) a civilization will be removed after a major new update if there has been no wiki activity in the last three months.
All Civilizations can be categorized based on population size. Examples of this include "Hub" or "Rural" civilizations.
These amorphous zones of civilized space also tend to be unified by a general shared purpose. Related gameplay tends to involve a mixture of "Fanfiction" or "Profit" along with actual gameplay elements, with some civilizations focusing more on one or the other. In some rare cases players are connected through accomplishments rather than location and are considered a "Non-localized" community. Given the many updates that No Man's Sky has received since it's release, it is likely that as more updates are introduced, the many possibilities for Civilized Space will increase as their influence grows through the galaxies.
In addition to political organizations, there are also business organisations which are referred to as Companies. The rules are generally the same as for civilised spaces, but the focus and organizations may differ somewhat.
As the number of civilizations has grown, some have banded together behind common goals and purposes. Once a group reaches a minimum membership of five civilized space communities, each of which has documented five star systems, they may apply for recognition as an official alliance.
|United Federation of Travelers - UFT is an alliance of multiple civilizations dedicated to the Four Pillars of the Federation, "To document, aid, create, and communicate." First known alliance of multiple civilizations.|
|Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT is a real world unincorporated association of Nomadic No Man's Sky players and multiple player civilizations that establish one embassy hub per galaxy and multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Travellers. The Alliance currently has active members making discoveries and colonizing in every system between Euclid and the Hyades galaxy.|
|United Corporate Alliance - UCA is an intergalactic chain of companies working together towards mutual business goals and to promote cooperation, growth and trade throughout the No Man's Sky universe. The Corporate Alliance is mainly a player based community with a heavy focus on multiplayer, base building and in-game trade and other in-game elements.|
Civilized Space Map
Image Map of all known civilized space zones as of August 20, 2019.
Clicking on a zone in the picture causes the browser to load the appropriate article. Mouseover = Coordinates.
Only civilizations that meet the above requirements are listed here. Companies are listed on the Companies page.
- Cosmic Cooperative - looks to give its citizens the #1 community experience. Citizens are engaged in voting via polls. Without a leader, citizens vote what the CC should do in every situation. A Community Representative is elected to be the Voice of the Community.
- Korvax Ascendancy - "Our mission is to tame the wild expanse of space, and reign fairly over our dominion."
- The Qitanian Empire - is a community and a reason-minded, pacific civilization originating from the Qitand-Tus star system in the Oefergia Boundary region near the center of the Euclid galaxy. Qitanians describe their civilization as a “free Empire of the people’s choice” and are an advanced, modern society focused on science, exploration, documentation, architecture and arts.
- Empire of Phantomium Marxium - The EPM's most important goal is to create a prosperous civilization with its core operations set in the Xbox universe of No Man's Sky. The accomplishments of joining the United Federation of Travelers, and the establishment of a localized community on Hoth (EPM), lead to the expansion of this objective; to industrialize the Xbox Universe as much as possible so it is equal in terms of organization to the other two universes.
- Euclidean Scholar's Society - is a No Man's Sky's organization dedicated to the exploration and study of the universe.
- Oxalis - is a civilized space zone located near the centre of Euclid. The Nesdori Spur region has been explored and documented since the Pathfinder update.
- The Enigma Alliance - The main goal of the Alliance is to expand in both size and members, to act as negotiators between other civilizations, and to discover the answer to the Final Question: What is Atlas?
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - is a Civilized space alliance of Travellers or No Man's Sky players and civilizations of players participating in nomadic exploration oriented gameplay within the NMS universe.
- Antaurean Imperium - Their mission is to study the universe, construct temples that mirror the beauty of the heavens, obliterate any enemy of peace, and make a black hole's worth of units in the process.
- Explorers Alliance - Their mission is to assist explorers everywhere with data collection and the distribution of valuable discovery data.
- Galactic Hub Project - an exploration-focused community with a high population of Interlopers, based in The Arm of Vezitinen and 10 surrounding regions.
- Order of the All Consuming Star - a cult-like collective that actively believes that there is a great power within the stars that the Order can obtain and use to dominate the galaxy.
- Sumoha Starfleet - is a nomad society born in the Diuhei Nebula region of the Euclid galaxy.
- Mortis Militarum - They seek to expand their territory and influence for the Greater good. During any conflict against other intelligent species, Tau Commanders often urge the enemy leaders to stop resisting the Tau Empire since they will be allowed to retain their own individual faiths and philosophical beliefs as long as they are compatible with the Greater Good.
- United Traveler's Alliance - a community whose mission is to provide protection against the Sentinels and those who would steal, kill, and destroy. To explore and chart the wonders of the galaxy while aiding those who have found themselves in hard places or are just starting out on their journey. They believe in cooperation with the other civilization in the galaxy.
- Cafe 42 - is proud to announce its first ever in-game civilization. Come share your creativity, skills, farm, discover and document stuff - or just hang out co-op style and have fun!
- Celestial Kingdoms - Their mission is to continue advancements galaxy-wide by organizing citizens and creating a controlled environment. It's our hope to foster a community which will display wonderful opportunities for those interested in lore, roleplay, multiplayer gaming, and building.
- Domus Stellaris Confederation - is a Civilized space community, created with the intent of providing order and stability throughout the galaxy.
- Dopelord Confederacy - The Dopelord Confederacy's mission is to seek fortune and fame among the stars with their economic and military power.
- Empire of Pirates and Independent Cartels (EPIC) - This community's goal is a very localized community mix of roleplay combined with in-game events and activities. The search for those of a like-minded cause: throwing off the shackles of tyrannical government in favor of a New Law - that of Self-Governance.
- Forgotten Colonies - is a story and roleplay hub on the fringe of civilized space in No Man's Sky. It represents the distant settlements and factions striving for dominance along the outer border of the Euclid galaxy, the Fade. After the cataclysmic temporal anomaly, the rebuild remnants of the Outer Rim Expedition regrouped in Alpha Polaris and Delta Polaris to renew the discovery and study of the fringe and help the Atlas recover from its fatal circle of decay. This renewed mission is the Euclidian Restoration.
- Free Delta Initiative - an initiative built thru collaboration of several larger civilizations all located within the Delta Quadrant as a local alliance. People on all three gaming platforms collaborate within the FDI as one big family.
- Galactic Hub Calypso - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Calypso galaxy. This small area of space offers players the opportunity to meet other players, visit bases, share discoveries, and more.
- Galactic Hub Budullangr - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Budullangr galaxy.
- Bella Star Empire - is a community focused on exploration, profit and building bases. Noted for discovering and colonizing numerous star systems with massive floating pyramids. Most imperial territories are near the galactic core of Eissentam.
- Eissentam Confederated Systems - is a peaceful organization that promotes working together and sharing discoveries. The secondary goal is to explore, trade, and help new travelers as needed.
- Galactic Hub Eissentam - an expansion of the Galactic Hub Project community into the 10th galaxy, Eissentam. After the Atlas Rises update, Eissentam has many Lush planets.
- Galactic Republic of Eissentam - The republic does not interfere with any pre-existing Galactic Organizations, Empires, Governments, HUBs, Clans, Confederacies,or any other civilized region of space.
- Eyfert Khannate - a fledgling civilization based in the first red galaxy, Rerasmutul. Its main area of control is the Tenhoe Nebula. The regional capital is Egionetsk and the seat of power is the planet Edaemon VII. The civilized space is based in the Tenhoe Nebula but the name comes from the region of Eyfert.
- If you wish to travel to specific areas in galaxies outside Euclid, the Galactic Voyager Initiative project may be able to assist.
- Collections: Civilized Space Maps, Civilized Space Emblems, Civilized Space History, and Community Events.