|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
Civilized Space regions of the No Man's Sky universe are local groupings formed by individual or groups of players.
This page is specifically linked to civilizations under the Atlas Rises update. If you were part of a Civilized Space organization during the Pathfinder era, simply copy your entry from the Pathfinder - Civilized Space page, and add it to this page.
Summary[edit | edit source]
As limited means of traveler interaction have become possible and pahefu of the Pilgrim Star introduced a navigation app, some zones of space have become loose confederacies and destinations for other travelers.
These are known in general as Civilizations or Civilized Space Zones. Some Civilizations may be a specific type, like a Hub or non-localized civilization.
These amorphous zones of civilized space tend to be unified by a general shared purpose. Related gameplay tends to involve a mixture of fan-fiction and actual gameplay elements, with some civilizations focusing more on one or the other. In some rare cases, such as the Robber Barons Club, players are connected through accomplishments rather than location.
NMS Hubs are larger and more organized areas of civilized space, often governed by guidelines or customs such as naming guidelines. Currently, there is no more than one Hub per Quadrant in each galaxy:
- Alpha Quadrant - Amino Hub
- Beta Quadrant - Alliance of Galactic Travellers
- Delta Quadrant -
- Gamma Quadrant - Galactic Hub
Alliances[edit | edit source]
As the number of civilizations has grown, some have banded together behind common goals and purposes.
- United Federation of Travelers - The Federation is an alliance of multiple civilizations dedicated to the Four Pillars of the Federation, "To document, aid, create, and communicate." First known alliance of multiple civilizations.
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT is a real world unincorporated association of Nomadic No Man's Sky players and multiple player civilizations that establish one embassy hub per galaxy and multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Travellers. The Alliance currently has active members making discoveries and colonizing in every system between Euclid and Hyades Galaxy
Map[edit | edit source]
Image Map of all known civilizations as of August 7th, 2017.
NOTE: this map is based on Pathfinder data, and is being rebuilt to reflect Atlas Rises information.
Clicking on a civilization in the picture causes the browser to load the appropriate article / Mouseover = Coordinates.
[edit | edit source]
Alpha Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Amino Hub - located in Ocopadica, the same region occupied by the Pilgrim Star. This group was formed by members of the Galaxy Amino app.
Beta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT Euclid Embassy is located in the Keleibniug Mass region. Founded by members of the iVc Project, the Facebook Group No Man's Sky and the Facebook Group No Man's Sky Community.
- Barrett Federation - Powerful Financial Empire: Specializing in Farm Production, Trade, and Galaxy Mapping. Founded by Barrett Federation.
- The Plamidian Remnants - A reborn race trying to expand our almost extinct race. Main goals include: Galaxy mapping (particularly in the Woiwrush Spore), Farming, and trade.
Delta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Gamma Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Arcadian Republic - The governing body of the Yokoju Fringe, previously known as the Yokojulia Adjunct. They fund and operate The Arcadia Project which seeks to explore and map the region, and find and document all suitable Garden Worlds.
- Galactic Hub Project - an exploration-focused community with a high population of Interlopers. Initially covered the Rentocniijik Expanse before expanding into 10 other regions.
Other[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Calypso Travellers Foundation - known as CTF for short, this community is focused on exploring a specific area of the Calypso Galaxy with other players.