The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki. Galactic Hub excepted.|
|This article is about the Visions version of Civilized Space. For the Atlas Rises version, see Civilized space (Atlas).|
Civilized Space regions of the No Man's Sky universe are local groupings formed by individual or groups of players.
As the number of civilizations has grown, the politics between nations has also flourished. To increase civility between communities, please refrain from making changes directly to this page.
If you have suggestions for edits or additions, simply add them to the Discussion page for consideration.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Categories
- 4 Alliances
- 5 Civilized Space Map
- 6 Navigation zones - Euclid
- 7 Navigation zones - Hilbert Dimension (G2)
- 8 Navigation zones - Budullangr (G7)
- 9 Navigation zones - Eissentam (G10)
- 10 Navigation zones - Rerasmutul (G18)
- 11 Navigation zones - Isdoraijung (G19)
As limited means of traveler interaction have become possible and pahefu of the Pilgrim Star introduced a navigation app, some zones of space have become loose confederacies and destinations for other travelers. These are known in general as Civilizations or Civilized Space Zones.
While the majority of documented civilizations are in Euclid, the following list also includes civs from other galaxies.
All civilizations on this page meet the following requirements:
- 1) an embassy page is present in the wiki
- 2) a minimum of five star system pages discovered by the civilization are present in the wiki (and in good order)
- 3) the civilization's founder is involved only with the new civilization (basically one civ to a customer)
- 4) an official request for inclusion from the founder is present on the Discussion page
- 4a) this request must be renewed whenever a major new update is released (such as from Atlas Rises to NEXT)
All Civilizations can be categorized based on population size. Examples of this include "Hub" or "Rural" civilizations.
These amorphous zones of civilized space also tend to be unified by a general shared purpose. Related gameplay tends to involve a mixture of "Fanfiction" or "Profit" along with actual gameplay elements, with some civilizations focusing more on one or the other. In some rare cases players are connected through accomplishments rather than location and are considered a "Non-localized" community. Given the many updates that No Man's Sky has received since it's release, it is likely that as more updates are introduced, the many possibilities for Civilized Space will increase as their influence grows through the galaxies.
As the number of civilizations has grown, some have banded together behind common goals and purposes. Once a group reaches a minimum membership of five civilized space communities, each of which has documented five star systems, they may apply for recognition as an official alliance.
|United Federation of Travelers - The Federation is an alliance of multiple civilizations dedicated to the Four Pillars of the Federation, "To document, aid, create, and communicate." First known alliance of multiple civilizations.|
|Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT is a real world unincorporated association of Nomadic No Man's Sky players and multiple player civilizations that establish one embassy hub per galaxy and multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Travellers. The Alliance currently has active members making discoveries and colonizing in every system between Euclid and the Hyades galaxy.|
Civilized Space Map
Image Map of all known civilizations as of December 9, 2018.
- Clicking on a civilization in the picture causes the browser to load the appropriate article / Mouseover = Coordinates.
- Civilizations which do not fulfill the requirements are listed on the map under "Construction". Federation members which do not meet the requirements will not be marked separately.
- Aliens of NMS - "Our mission is to discover new life around the Euclid centre and create a safer galaxy where there will be farms flourishing in lively planets."
- Amino Hub - located in the Ocopad Conflux, the same region occupied by the Pilgrim Star. This group was formed by members of the Galaxy Amino app.
- The Castaways and Cutouts - "We take pride in anything we do, we stand for the outcast, the misfits, or just the everyday interloper. We accept all people and will not turn away or discriminate."
- Commonwealth of Independent Systems - "Our mission is to create a commonwealth where everyone can feel safe, to have friends, and partners. The mission of our civilization is to prevent loneliness and give a home to everybody."
- Euclidean Federation of Independent Systems - "Our mission is to explore the galaxy, help other citizens in need, document the various lifeforms across the galaxy, chart undiscovered systems and construct living colonies."
- Aesir Ascendancy - is a civilization located in the Beta Quadrant of the Euclid galaxy. It is a group dedicated to exploration, cultivation, and combat.
- Artifices Caeli - is a Latin phrase which represents the role of a group of World Modifiers (Modders). "Modders change the world simply by writing Signs and changing numbers, Atlas is manipulable, and the sky is ours - from the Signs we alter, new worlds generate, and we become part of Caelus."
- Euclidean Scholar's Society - is a No Man's Sky's organization dedicated to the exploration and study of the universe.
- Galactic Latino Empire - Our mission is to bring a 'hub' of sorts to all latino/hispanic members of No Man's Sky into the Galactic Latino Empire.
- Geknip Gang Hub - is a group of gamers from all platforms and locations around the world who all banded together originally through a mutual love of No Man's Sky, but enjoy playing and streaming other games as well.
- Hub Francophone - is a french Civilized space community. It is located in the Tommaijuh Band region of the Euclid galaxy. Secondary regions are the Strong Conflux, Zakabi Cluster, and Alystisba Conflux.
- Nibiran Freelanders - The purpose of the Oligarchy is to establish a new territory and bases around the Euclid galaxy and beyond, trade, farm, profit, but most importantly to become a convenient neutral-ground free from the reach of the Federation, but not caught up in the chaos in the underworld.
- Oxalis - is a Civilized Space Zone located near the center of the Euclid galaxy. The 10 stars of Oxalis are part of the Nesdorinux Project.
- Republica Galactica - is a community to play No Man's Sky in a peaceful and fun way, where we can all share experience and learn tricks and more from other players.
- Samone Corporation - The purpose of the Samone Corporation is to explore, discover and create. Unleashing creativity and working together to build a fun region that's full of new and brilliant places.
- United Galactic Corps - The UGC is a Civilized space community that attempts to include all gameplay mechanics into our civilization. "We operate four-man teams for exploring, building, security, farming, and trading".
- Wastelanders - is located in the Yiwotyata Band region of the Euclid galaxy. "Our mission is to band together and strive to build a great community".
- Æther Mercenary Corps - is a group of freelance Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters.
- Ahiran Order - is a civilized space research community, a scientific community working within the Galactic Hub and surrounding systems that is dedicated to engaging and documenting Portal travel and exploration.
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - is a Civilized space alliance of Travellers or No Man's Sky players and civilizations of players participating in nomadic exploration oriented gameplay within the NMS universe.
- Arcadian Republic - is the governing body of the Yokoju Fringe, previously known as the Yokojulia Adjunct. They fund and operate The Arcadia Project which seeks to explore and map the region, and find and document all suitable Garden Worlds.
- Empire of Jatriwil - The civilisation is focused on exploration, documentation, farming, sharing content, and has an excellent community. All Interlopers will be welcome to visit or settle if they wish.
- Galactic Empire of HOVA - The history of the Empire is shrouded in mystery but many Scholars across the galaxy are hard at work recovering the lost history of the Empire.
- Galactic Hub Project - an exploration-focused community with a high population of Interlopers, based in The Arm of Vezitinen and 10 surrounding regions.
- Galactic Pathfinders - is a alliance of Travellers or No Man's Sky players (PS4) participating in exploration, farming and trading activities within the NMS universe.
- Free Folk of the Fringe - is a community-driven anonymous nomad society in the No Man's Sky universe. "We are a peaceful society with a focus on privacy and consuming NipNip."
- New Aquarius - located in the Kuungn Conflux / Notwertja regions in the Gamma quadrant of the Euclid galaxy. New Aquarius borders several regions of the Galactic Hub Project.
- Seht Research Group - is a civilization dedicated to finding the wild and weird of the universe. This can range from impressive ships to planets containing amazing sights and creatures.
- Stream of P0ne - a non-localized type of civilization, open to any travelers who want to explore the Euclid Core and beyond. Our mission is to together not only travel and discover but with expertise also add our discoveries to the NMS Wiki. Helping each other out as a true civilization and enjoy the exploring together.
- Sumoha Starfleet - is a nomad society born in the Diuhei Nebula region of the Euclid galaxy.
- Tau Empire Au'ra Sept - They seek to expand their territory and influence for the Greater good. During any conflict against other intelligent species, Tau Commanders often urge the enemy leaders to stop resisting the Tau Empire since they will be allowed to retain their own individual faiths and philosophical beliefs as long as they are compatible with the Greater Good.
- The Colonial Fleet - is comprised as a single state inspired and based on the Battlestar Galactica lore. The purpose of the Colonial Fleet is to colonize, industrialize, and prosper. We aim to rebuild our civilization with grandiose structures that depicted the society and ecosystem before the Fall of the Colonies.
- The Communist Constellations of U.S.S.R - a group whose mission is to spread the communist manifesto to all corners of space and liberate the alien proletariat from the bourgeois shackles in a galactic revolution.
- Aviszar Cartel - A Crime Syndicate and Head of Organized Crime within the Euclid galaxy, the Cartel aims to bring legitimate business through Profit, Exploration and Trade.
- Cafe 42 - is proud to announce its first ever in-game civilization. This space of the Delta quadrant in Euclid will be shared with others in hopes of showing that working together for good profits everyone.
- Dopelord Confederacy - The Dopelord Confederacy's mission is to seek fortune and fame among the stars with their economic and military power.
- Empire of Pirates and Independent Cartels (EPIC) - This community's goal is a very localized community mix of roleplay combined with in-game events and activities. The search for those of a like-minded cause: throwing off the shackles of tyrannical government in favor of a New Law - that of Self-Governance.
- Forgotten Colonies - Is a story and roleplay hub on the fringe of civilized space in No Man's Sky. It represents the distant settlements and factions striving for dominance along the outer border of the Euclid galaxy, the Fade. After the cataclysmic temporal anomaly, the rebuild remnants of the Outer Rim Expedition regrouped in Alpha Polaris and Delta Polaris to renew the discovery and study of the fringe and help the Atlas recover from its fatal circle of decay. This renewed mission is the Euclidian Restoration.
- The Galactic Frontier - is a new civilization that revolves around three pillars. Peace, power and prosperity. We hope to keep peace with neighboring civilizations and boost the galactic economy.
- Grand Zecorian Ascendancy - The Absolution is one of the founding members of the Coalition of Empires founder of the Ascendancy Space and a former member of the United Federation of Travelers.
- Lanny Poo Empire - An empire near the Forgotten Colonies with advanced technology and lush planets. The empire is very peaceful and has its own culture not seen in any other part of the galaxy or universe as a whole. It is also speculated by many and claimed by the empire that they control a system with a Black hole allowing travel to different systems at any time.
- NMS Galactic Empire - is dedicated to the community first, Star Wars Role play second. The base of the civ itself is one of collaborative work, with multiple areas of interest within its walls.
- NMP Republic - is a community that makes decisions that are a best fit for its players inside. "Our goals as a community are to explore, trade, and continue to become civilized within our claimed land. We sponsor giveaways, race events, and PvP matchups between our members allowing for the top tier experiences a player can ask for".
- United Colonies of Central Euclid - "Our mission is to help document what the regions have to offer as well as providing an area for travelers to call home. It is a peaceful organization that promotes working together and sharing discoveries."
- Vexan Union - "Our mission is to explore and exploit the galaxies in an effort to push the limits of Atlas' simulation."
- Louyen - This region is the home of the Alliance of Galactic Travellers and serves as their capital territory in the Hilbert Dimension.
- Vareryforba - also known as The Vareryforba Expanse, is a Civilized space community, located in the Varriyfo Fringe region of the Hilbert Dimension. Vareryforba is heavily Fan Fiction focused.
- Galactic Hub Budullangr - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Budullangr galaxy.
- Sobek Colonial Confederation - is a civilization located in the Alpha Quadrant of the Budullangr galaxy.
- Eissentam Travellers Foundation - is a Civilized Space community focused on exploring a specific area of the Eissentam galaxy with other players.
- Galactic Hub Eissentam - an expansion of the Galactic Hub Project community into the 10th galaxy, Eissentam. After the Atlas Rises update, Eissentam has many Lush planets.
- Galactic Republic of Eissentam - The republic does not interfere with any pre-existing Galactic Organizations, Empires, Governments, HUBs, Clans, Confederacies,or any other civilized region of space.
- Eyfert Khannate - is a fledgling civilization based in Rerasmutul. Its main area of control is the Sasageid Band. The capital system is Eafort XVIII and the seat of power is the planet Gloss X. The civilized space is based in the Sasageid Band but the name comes from the region of Eyfert.
- =CIAT= Atlas Civilization - is dedicated to helping other players, especially by improving their technologies. They search for the best technologies, blueprints, improvements, multi-tools and spacecraft while exploring solar systems, planets, and different universes. They are based in the Gamma quadrant's Olamba Cluster.