Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Civilized space (Atlas)
|The subject of this article is from the Atlas Rises update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 23 July, 2018.
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
There are multiple versions of the Civilized Space page, based on game release.
- For the Beyond version, visit Civilized space
- For the Visions version, visit Civilized space (Visions)
- For the Atlas Rises version, visit Civilized space (Atlas)
Civilized Space regions of the No Man's Sky universe are local groupings formed by individual or groups of players.
As the number of civilizations has grown, the politics between nations has also flourished. To increase civility between communities, please refrain from making changes directly to this page.
If you have suggestions for edits or additions, simply add them to the Discussion page for consideration.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Categories
- 4 Hubs
- 5 Alliances
- 6 Civilized Space Map
- 7 Navigation zones - Euclid
- 8 Navigation zones - Hilbert Dimension (G2)
- 9 Navigation zones - Calypso (G3)
- 10 Navigation zones - Budullangr (G7)
- 11 Navigation zones - Eissentam (G10)
- 12 Navigation zones - Rerasmutul (G18)
As limited means of traveler interaction have become possible and pahefu of the Pilgrim Star introduced a navigation app, some zones of space have become loose confederacies and destinations for other travelers. These are known in general as Civilizations or Civilized Space Zones.
All civilizations on this page meet the following requirements:
- 1) an embassy page is present in the wiki
- 2) a minimum of five star system pages discovered by the civilization are present in the wiki (and in good order)
- 3) the civilization's founder is involved only with the new civilization (basically one civ to a customer)
- 4) an official request for inclusion from the founder is present on the Discussion page
- 4a) this request must be renewed whenever a major new update is released (such as from Atlas Rises to NEXT)
All Civilizations can be categorized based on population size. Examples of this include "Hub" or "Rural" civilizations.
These amorphous zones of civilized space also tend to be unified by a general shared purpose. Related gameplay tends to involve a mixture of "Fanfiction" or "Profit" along with actual gameplay elements, with some civilizations focusing more on one or the other. In some rare cases, such as the Robber Barons Club, players are connected through accomplishments rather than location and are considered a "Non-localized" community. Given the many updates that No Man's Sky has received since it's release, it is likely that as more updates are introduced, the many possibilities for Civilized Space will increase as their influence grows through the galaxies.
For example, the following are the four Hubs for the Euclid galaxy:
- Alpha Quadrant - Amino Hub
- Beta Quadrant - Alliance of Galactic Travellers
- Gamma Quadrant - Galactic Hub
- Delta Quadrant - Vacant
As the number of civilizations has grown, some have banded together behind common goals and purposes. Once a group reaches a minimum membership of five civilized space communities, each of which has documented five star systems, they may apply for recognition as an official alliance.
- United Federation of Travelers - The Federation is an alliance of multiple civilizations dedicated to the Four Pillars of the Federation, "To document, aid, create, and communicate." First known alliance of multiple civilizations.
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT is a real world unincorporated association of Nomadic No Man's Sky players and multiple player civilizations that establish one embassy hub per galaxy and multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Travellers. The Alliance currently has active members making discoveries and colonizing in every system between Euclid and the Hyades galaxy.
- Galactic Consortium - The Galactic Consortium is an independent corporation across multiple galaxies. Our main goal is to increase the wealth of all Travelers, regardless of any Alliance Status, affiliated Civilizations or galaxy they call home.
- Union of Intergalactic Civilizations - An alliance of civilizations dedicated to Unification. The UIC provides a favorable mix of in-game elements, fan-fiction, and multiplayer. The alliance was founded on the basis of the UIC Trinity: Fellowship Vanguard and Archivist. Disbanded March 2018, re-established May 2018..
Civilized Space Map
Image Map of all known civilizations as of July 23, 2018.
- Clicking on a civilization in the picture causes the browser to load the appropriate article / Mouseover = Coordinates.
- Civilizations which do not fulfill the requirements are listed on the map under Beta. Federation members which do not meet the requirements will not be marked separately.
- Amino Hub - located in the Ocopad Conflux, the same region occupied by the Pilgrim Star. This group was formed by members of the Galaxy Amino app.
- Galactic Agriculture Society - a civilization located in the Oikana region of the Alpha Quadrant. It is dedicated to community farming and agriculture. Players that are interested in agriculture are strongly encouraged to join.
- The Galactic Frontier - is a new civilization that revolves around three pillars. Peace, power and prosperity. We hope to keep peace with neighboring civilizations and boost the galactic economy.
- Galactic Network of Systems - a scattered union of systems concentrated near the Pilgrim Star, though not in the same region
- Aesir Ascendancy - is a wayfaring civilization that has recently settled in the Uveangbon Cloud. It is a group dedicated to exploration, cultivation, and combat.
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers - AGT Embassy is located in the Milland region. Founded by members of the iVc Project, the Facebook Group No Man's Sky and the Facebook Group No Man's Sky Community.
- Barrett Federation - Powerful Financial Empire: Specializing in Farm Production, Trade, and Galaxy Mapping.
- Conure Core Project - is a free and independent civilization in the Beta quadrant of the Euclid galaxy. All those that wish to join the republic are welcome.
- Fatalitan Empire - Not much is known about the Fatalitan Empire. The Empire may be seen as tyrannical, however, the Fatalitan Empire's citizens live a nice and comfortable lifestyle within the Empire.
- Oxalis - is a Civilized Space Zone located near the centre of the Euclid galaxy. The 10 stars of Oxalis are part of the Nesdorinux Project.
- The Plamidian Remnants - is a reborn race trying to expand our almost extinct race. Main goals include: Galaxy mapping (particularly in the Woiwrush Spur), Farming, and trade.
- SpyderWeb - With Update 1.3, the hub is experiencing some crazy changes. Systems discovered as of the Pathfinder update are now legacy, and Spyder will make his way once again to the hub on a new save.
- United States of New Cascadia - A rump state of former American colonies in Euclid. Located in the outer regions of the galaxy, it has strong militaristic and isolationist undertones.
- Æther Mercenary Corps - Group of freelance Mercenaries based out of the Ekastry Prime System which is in the Sea of Ekastry, a region down and to the right of the new PS4 Euclid HUB region Shungka Void.
- Arcadian Republic - is the governing body of the Yokoju Fringe, previously known as the Yokojulia Adjunct. They fund and operate The Arcadia Project which seeks to explore and map the region, and find and document all suitable Garden Worlds.
- Chrisubidon - Team of PS4 users CrispyChrisu and ShinobidoN moved to the new Galactic Hub area while following the motto "Finding Better Worlds".
- Free Folk of the Fringe - The motto of the Fringe people is “We don't kneel for anyone beyond the Fringe.” Consuming NipNip is legal in the Fringe.
- Galactic Hub Project - an exploration-focused community with a high population of Interlopers, based in the Shungka Void and 10 surrounding regions.
- Galactic Pathfinders - is a alliance of Travellers or No Man's Sky players (PS4) participating in exploration, farming and trading activities within the NMS universe.
- New Aquarius - located in the Aphaen Conflux, a region in the Gamma quadrant of the Euclid galaxy. New Aquarius borders several regions of the Galactic Hub Project.
- Seht Research Group - is a civilization dedicated to finding the wild and weird of the universe. This can range from impressive ships to planets containing amazing sights and creatures.
- Solis Dominion - is a cluster of systems ruled over by His Eminence, the One in Green and Gold, the Green Sun King. The Dominion is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and enabling its people to achieve their full potential.]]
- Stream of P0ne - a non-localized type of civilization, open to any travelers who want to explore the Euclid Core and beyond. Our mission is to together not only travel and discover but with expertise also add our discoveries to the NMS Wiki. Helping each other out as a true civilization and enjoy the exploring together.
- Empire of Pirates and Independent Cartels (EPIC) - This community's goal is a very localized community mix of roleplay combined with in-game events and activities. The search for those of a like-minded cause: throwing off the shackles of tyrannical government in favor of a New Law - that of Self-Governance.
- Forgotten Colonies - Is a story and roleplay focused hub on the fringe of Civilized space in No Man's Sky. It represents the distant settlements and factions striving for dominance along the outer border of the Euclid galaxy. Its core region is along the meridian of the Beta and Delta sector far beyond 750.000 ly from the centre, but it also leads the research of portals and made contact with the edges of the Euclid galaxy near The Fade as part of the Traveller's Guild with the Outer Rim Expedition.
- No Man's Sky Love - is a civilization on the edge of the void that borders the centre of the Euclid galaxy.
- Solarion Imperium - an ancient and powerful civilization ruled by the Eternal Emperor and the Anunaki. The Imperium is located in the Sea of Kepatoras.
- United Nations of Delta - The UND is an alliance of civilizations within the Delta Quadrant of the galaxy whose main directive is to unite the Quadrant. The current headquarters is the Renuenak Mass.
- Vestroga Hub Foundation - an abandoned community, formerly focused on discovery based in the Vestroga Tree, a regional area including the Vestroga Nebula, (the main region of the Vestroga Hub Foundation) and it’s neighboring regions.
- Deep Thought Collective - is a civilization in the Euclid Galaxy focused on "NMS science" (mainly Portal Research).
- Galactic Empire of HOVA - A massive Empire spanning the entirety of the Euclid Galaxy with over 500 systems falling under the crown of Hov. The history of the Empire is shrouded in mystery but many Scholars across the galaxy are hard at work recovering the lost history of the Empire.
- InterGalactic Voyage Corridor Project - a closed group that supports the navigation and mapping of galaxies in NMS for the Alliance of Galactic Travellers.
- Wanderers Association - an abandoned community of nomadic No Man's Sky players that planned to establish multiple outposts per galaxy to serve as navigational aids to Wanderers. At the time of their demise, the WA was working on establishing outposts and orbits to serve as paths or trading routes between points of interest.
- Galactic Hub Hilbert - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Hilbert galaxy
- Louyen - This region is the home of the Alliance of Galactic Travellers and serves as their capital territory in the Hilbert Dimension.
- Vareryforba - also known as The Vareryforba Expanse, is a Civilized space community, located in the Varriyfo Fringe region of the Hilbert Dimension. Vareryforba is heavily Fan Fiction focused.
- Calypso Travellers Foundation - known as CTF for short, this community is focused on exploring a specific area of the Calypso galaxy with other players.
- Galactic Hub Calypso - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Calypso galaxy.
- Intergalactic Space Force - a powerful, almighty non-localized military group that spans the Euclid and Calypso galaxies.
- NMS Mexico - A casual community of players focused on a chill exploration experience located in the Mexico region. The full name of this nation is “Galactic Republic of Mexico”.
- Galactic Hub Budullangr - this organization is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Budullangr galaxy
- New Hub Order - Located at the Core on the Border of the Delta and Gamma Quadrants, this organization is dedicated to helping fellow Travelers and exploring the depths of the Galaxy. All are welcome.
- Black Cloud Commonwealth - Main governing body of Hurenima. Its name comes from the dark cloud that surrounds all of the region. This enterprise no longer exists due to external forces.
- Eissentam Travellers Foundation - is a Civilized Space community focused on exploring a specific area of the Eissentam galaxy with other players.
- Empire of the Rising Sun - is the ruling group of the Vemuru Anomoly. The Empire is highly Expansionist with its influence quickly spreading through the region.
- The Firegnomes - A militant interdimensional alien race created by the Atlas.
- Galactic Hub Eissentam - an expansion of the Galactic Hub Project community into the 10th galaxy, Eissentam. After the Atlas Rises update, Eissentam has many Lush planets.
- Republic of Kairos - The Republic of Kairos stems from a long line of travellers know as the Trouvaille.
- Trijen Collective (Atlas) - a technologically highly advanced civilization with greatly enhanced AI abilities.
- Eyfert Khannate - a new and fledgling civilization based in Rerasmutul. Its main area of control is The Arm of Pobelar. The regional capital is Pozzhe and the seat of power is the planet Yitammo Nubeitun. The civilized space is based in The Arm of Pobelar, but the name comes from the nearby region of Eyfert.