The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
Community Research is a community driven event.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Community Research is a community driven event that consists of a series of missions. Its purpose is to help Specialist Polo determine how the universe changed recently.
Polo contacts the player and asks for their help with research. Of course, due to their Gek nature it is not simply a favor, but a trade business, and rewards every bit of research data with Quicksilver.
This currency can be spent at Quicksilver Synthesis Companion, a construct created by Polo to help them explore synthesis and creation, transforming Quicksilver into exotic goods.
List of missions[edit | edit source]
|Community Research (week 1)||30-08-2018 — 06-09-2018|
|Community Research (week 2)||06-09-2018 — 13-09-2018|
|Community Research (week 3)||20-09-2018 — 27-09-2018|
|Community Research (week 4)||27-09-2018 — 04-10-2018|
|Community Research (week 5)||12-10-2018 — 19-10-2018|
|Community Research (week 6)||19-10-2018 — 26-10-2018|
|Community Research (week 7)||02-11-2018 — 09-11-2018|
|Community Research (week 8)||22-11-2018 — 06-12-2018|
|Community Research (mission 9)
with Daily Research missions
|13-12-2018 — 24-01-2019|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Some of these missions make use of portal travel. Please do not forget to go back through the portal when you have finished, or you will encounter portal interference messages.
- For all platforms the progress of the currently available mission can be checked here.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT 1.58 - Added Community Research (week 1) mission.
- NEXT 1.59 - Added Community Research (week 2) mission.
- NEXT 1.60 - Added Community Research (week 3) mission.
- NEXT 1.61 - Added Community Research (week 4) mission.
- NEXT 1.64 - Added Community Research (week 5) mission. Fixed an issue where Community Research missions could be given deadlines in the distant future.
- NEXT 1.65 - Added Community Research (week 6) mission.
- Abyss 1.71 - Added Community Research (week 7) mission.
- Visions - Added Community Research (week 8) mission. Added a progress bar with tier-based rewards and reaching these are based on the community's contribution for all platforms.
- Visions 1.76
- Fixed an issue that could cause Community Mission Tier progress to be incorrectly reported in the Log.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to hand in the maximum Community Mission contribution during the wrong dialogue, causing the “Continue” option in the final dialogue to be disabled.
- Fixed a Community Mission exploit when the server couldn’t be reached.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing Community Research progress in the Log.
- Visions 1.77 - Added Community Research (mission 9) and Daily Research missions.
- Visions Update (2019.01.09) - The duration of the Community Research (mission 9) is extended by 14 days.