The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
Crashed Freighter is a Point of Interest.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Crashed freighters can be located after solving a puzzle at a Transmission Tower or by normal exploration. Through the use of the Terrain Manipulator or the Plasma Launcher, you can uncover storage units that contain Nanite Clusters or units. Each crashed freighter has a Distress Beacon that will grant a blueprint and start the secondary mission. Note that the containers can emit deadly radiation that goes past any protection measures.
They can often be spotted on the surface without any hints due to their giant silhouette and appear in average frequency.
Repair[edit | edit source]
The cargo pod has one, randomly chosen Damaged Component which need to repaired. All cargo pods located at the same Crashed Freighter will have the same Damaged Component.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes a secondary mission will appear in your log to search for six containers at a crash site.
- Different from a Crashed Ship, you can't recover a crashed freighter.
- One or more of the storage containers may be accessible without excavation.
- The first sighting of a crashed freighter was on the planet Quidar II, feature in one of the Pre-release videos.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the marker for a Crashed Freighter that is found through a Transmission Tower or with the Signal Booster will not be cleared when you access the distress beacon. Using the Signal Booster to find a Drop Pod will clear the marker. However, this may take you back to a Drop Pod you've already found. (Current as of Visions Update 1.77)
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Atlas Rises - Added as a game component.
- Atlas Rises 1.35 - Completed freighter salvage missions will no longer be incorrectly re-added to the mission log.
- Atlas Rises 1.37 - Acid, Carbon, Circuit Board, Coprite, Fungal Mould, Gamma Root, Heat Capacitor, Heridium, Lubricant, Plutonium, Thamium9 and Zinc added for repairing, formerly Iron was required.
- Fixed crashed freighters having underground treasure too low to mine down to.
- Hidden changes: A Damaged Component needs to be repaired, formerly various resources and products were required. Multiple models added for the crashed freighter, previously there was only one.
- Visions - Crashed freighters are now procedurally generated, with dozens of possible configurations. Allowed the torch to be used when exploring them.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Crashed Venator on Tryol, Beta Polaris (Visions)