|Category||Starship - Weapons|
|Type||Non-guided Starship Weapon|
Cyclotron Ballista is a weapons technology for the starship.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Cyclotron Ballista is a weapons technology for the starship. which fires two projectiles at a time at somewhat low velocities compared to those of other starship weapons; however, these projectiles have high base damage (only the Rocket Launcher has higher base damage per projectile).
Game description[edit | edit source]
Fires a large, concentrated ball of charged particles at forward targets, causing heavy damage. The charge is non-guided and will continue on its trajectory until it impacts with an obstacle.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Combat Properties[edit | edit source]
Cyclotron Ballista has a typical range for a starship weapon, having the ability to hit targets from up to 1500 distance units (1500u) away (for reference, fugitive pirate ships will attack the player if they get within 1500u). By default, the weapon fires two shots simultaneously at a rate of ~3.33 volleys per second and can fire 4 volleys before overheating (though the overheat gauge does not display), resulting in a time to overheat of ~0.9 seconds, Upon overheating, Cyclotron Ballista takes ~1.6 seconds by default to recover from overheating.
Cyclotron Ballista deals 700 base damage with a full volley to the following targets: fauna, starships, Space Fleets, and destructible obstacles such as Reinforced Doors (Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres). Against starships in particular, the starship weapon deals 2x damage to the rear (resulting in 1400 effective base damage per volley).
Cyclotron Ballista deals 140 base damage with a full volley to all planetary Sentinels.
Mining Properties[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- If the upgrades are applied properly, this weapon becomes powerful enough to take out a freighter with one or two shots
- Cyclotron Ballista's heat status is not properly displayed in the HUD --- the bar that normally shows heat status does not fill up while firing, but the white sliver at its right end turns red when the weapon is close to overheating.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinder - added as a technology.
- NEXT - Dyson Pump and procedurally generated Cyclotron Ballista Upgrades added, while Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed. Blueprint changed, formerly used Nickel and Platinum.
- Beyond - Blueprint changed, formerly used Technology Module instead of Wiring Loom