|Description||Inventory upgrade location|
Drop Pod is a Point of Interest.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Drop Pod is a Point of Interest which allows the player to upgrade their Exosuit inventory. The Exosuit will gain one additional slot every upgrade up to a maximum of 48 for Inventory, 48 for Cargo, and 14 for Technology. Each Drop Pod may be used only once.
Drop Pods allow a player to choose one of three types of inventory upgrade:
- General - the standard inventory space, which can be re-purposed for Technology if needed
- Cargo - an additional space that permits stacking of products. Due to Cargo upgrades being much more expensive on a station, it is better to upgrade them using a Drop Pod instead.
- Technology - Dedicated specifically for Exosuit technology.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Use a Signal Booster and Drop Pod Coordinate Data to locate the first pod. Make sure to keep an eye out for the "Destination Reached" message. Repair and use the Drop Pod, then put down a Signal Booster and use another Drop Pod Coordinate Data. If the current Drop Pod's marker has been cleared, the game will automatically find a nearby, fresh Drop Pod. Repeat the process as many times as required.
Repairing[edit | edit source]
In order to get an upgrade from the Exosuit Upgrade Module which is inside the Drop Pod, the player must repair three Damaged Components on the Upgrade Module.
| x45 |
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- Previously if the player had 12 tech slots and attempt to purchase another, then the Drop Pod would become "used", but will grant no upgrade. There are 14 Max upgrades and when you reach max it should notify.
- Drop Pods also act as shelters and provide protection from the weather, hostile fauna and sentinels.
- Drop Pods can also be located with an Exocraft that has an Advanced Signal Booster installed.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Added to the game.
- Atlas Rises - Provides one choice from three types of inventory upgrade (general, cargo, technology).
- NEXT - Three Damaged Components need to be repaired, formerly units were required.