|Category||Starship - Launch Thruster|
|Type||Starship Launch System Upgrade|
|Stats||-20% Launch Cost|
Efficient Thrusters are starship technology.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
Upgrades the starship launch systems, decreasing the fuel cost of takeoff.
Sources[edit | edit source]
This technology can be acquired from the starship technology researcher on board the Space Anomaly for 120 Nanites.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- This technology provides a flat increase and does not benefit from an Upgrade bonus trigger by placing it directly next to the Launch Thrusters.
- When present in a ship, the launch fuel cost is multiplied by 0.8 (a +20% fuel efficiency bonus), taking the fuel usage from 25% per launch to 20% per launch.
- Although not possible in standard gameplay, adding more instances of Efficient Launch Thrusters to a ship will reduce the cost further. However, the added efficiency bonus decreases with each added unit (-5% for one unit (20% launch cost), -4% for two units (16% launch cost), -3.2% for three units (12.8% launch cost), -2.6% for four units (10.24% launch cost), so on) making the space requirements quite costly should the user wish to vastly increase fuel efficiency.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - Added as a technology.
- Beyond - Blueprint location moved to the Space Anomaly from Space Stations.