|This article is about the current version of the Farmer. For the Atlas Rises version, see Farmer (Atlas).|
The Farmer is a type of NPC character.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Farmer is a hireable Gek NPC character and is the mission-giver of the Agricultural Research mission. They can be found in Gek systems, but can also randomly be found in systems controlled by other species. If you satisfy the requirements below, you may need to travel to a new system to find the farmer. This will be indicated on the Galaxy Map by an orange wheat symbol.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Before hiring a Farmer, there are the following requirements:
- A Habitable Base must be claimed.
- An Overseer, Scientist and Armourer hired and having needed to progress far enough to unlock the Agricultural Terminal blueprint.
- An Agricultural Terminal needs to be constructed and placed on a piece of flooring.
Blueprints[edit | edit source]
The Farmer gives the following blueprints in order:
- Hydroponic Tray
- Large Hydroponic Tray
- Coprite Flower
- Solar Vine
- Fungal Cluster
- Gamma Weed
- Gravitino Host
- Venom Urchin
- Albumen Pearl Orb
- Star Bramble
- Mordite Root
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- After completing their mission, the player may give 50 of a random plant to the Farmer for a reward of a random Artifact once per day.
- Having the Farmer in the same base as your Hydroponic Trays and Bio-Dome increases harvested amount by 56%.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Giving Gravitino Balls to the Farmer may cause their next dialogue choice to bug out where the Gravitino Ball request will loop again, but instead with the give option greyed out. This possible bug has no outcome and speaking to them will cause them to resume with the next step of the mission.
- This bug appears to occur when you carry enough Gravitino Balls to theoretically complete the mission multiple times. The extra balls may be turned in for additional rewards (nanites) until you run out of balls (this is when the give option greys out) or select "Decline", at which point the mission line may be resumed as normal.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinder - Added as a hirable NPC.
- Atlas Rises - Most of the farm-related plants were renamed and certain tasks changed.
- NEXT 1.64 - Fixed an issue where players could fail to be given the blueprints for Hydroponic Trays. Fixed an issue where players could fail to be given the blueprints for the plants required by the Farmer.