The information from this article is up-to-date as of 24 July, 2018.
Farming provides the ability to plant certain resource products and then harvest crops from them after a certain period of time. These can then be sold in the marketplace in their raw form, used as ingredients for crafting, or transformed into other products than can be sold. These plants are referred to in-game as Harvested Agricultural Substances.
Crops may only be grown after learning the proper building parts from a farmer NPC that has been hired for your base or Freighter. This NPC character will require an Agricultural Terminal to provide research capabilities. Although some of the provided plants may be grown outdoors in the proper conditions, most farms are built inside Bio-Domes as they provide slots for Hydroponic Trays and more convenient harvesting.
An index of player farms can be found at Community Farms.
Available crops[edit | edit source]
Grow times, and sell values:
|Base Sell Value||Sell Value
|Mordite Root||Mordite||60 mins||8 hrs||13.8 units||345 units||25|
|Echinocactus||Cactus Flesh||120 mins||16 hrs||178.8 units||17,880 units||100|
|Coprite Flower||Coprite||30 mins||4 hrs||30.0 units||750 units||25|
|NipNip||Nip Nip Buds||60 mins||4 hrs||17,776 units||17,776 units||1|
|Gamma Weed||Gamma Root||30 mins||4 hrs||16.0 units||800 units||50|
|Solar Vine||Solanium||120 mins||16 hrs||70.0 units||3,500 units||50|
|Frostwort||Frost Crystal||15 mins||1 hr||12.0 units||600 units||50|
|Fungal Cluster||Fungal Mould||30 mins||4 hrs||16.0 units||800 units||50|
|Gravitino Host||Gravitino Ball||60 mins||2 hrs||12,445 units||12,445 units||1|
|Star Bramble||Star Bulb||30 mins||4 hrs||32 units||800 units||25|
|Venom Urchin||Sac Venom||40 mins||11,685 units||11,685 units||1|
|Albumen Pearl Orb||Albumen Pearl||80 mins||2 hrs||9,025 units||9,025 units||1|
1 Harvests greater than 1 vary and are dependent on Game mode.
Crafting products[edit | edit source]
Here are the minimum number of resources required to setup a self-sustaining farm for one of each of the higher-end Agricultural Products, with highest possible yield per hour (note: this does not include the Atmospheric Gas crafting tree, and assumes that the grow time and ammount of products per harvest has remained the same in the NEXT update):
As of Update 1.55, the best value is now Living Glass as it grows much more rapidly as both Liquid Explosive and Circuit Board grow in roughly 24 hours now and Circuit Board sells for less then the Heat Capacitor and Poly-fibre used in making it.
- Living Glass (2 per hour)
- Harvesting once every 15 mins (minimum resources): 325 Chromatic Metal, 300 Dioxite, 80 Coprite, and 800 Uranium = 3 Frostwort, 2 Coprite Flowers and 8 Gamma Weeds
- Harvesting once every 30 mins (minimum harvest): 375 Chromatic Metal, 500 Dioxite, 80 Coprite, and 800 Uranium = 5 Frostwort, 2 Coprite Flowers and 8 Gamma Weeds
- Liquid Explosive (1 every 2 hours)
- Harvesting once every 30 mins (minimum resources): 150 Chromatic Metal, 300 Ammonia, 200 Pyrite, and 30 Mordite = 3 Fungal Clusters, 2 Echinocactus and 1 Mordite Root
- Harvesting once every 2 hours (minimum harvest): 375 Chromatic Metal, 1200 Ammonia, 200 Pyrite, and 30 Mordite = 12 Fungal Clusters, 2 Echinocactus and 1 Mordite Root
- Circuit Board (1 every 2 hours)
- Harvesting once every 15 mins (minimum resources): 125 Chromatic Metal, 100 Dioxite, 200 Paraffinium, 400 Phosphorus and 100 Pyrite = 1 Frostwort, 2 Star Brambles, 4 Solar Vines and 1 Echinocactus
- Harvesting once every 2 hours (minimum harvest): 375 Chromatic Metal, 200 Dioxite, 800 Paraffinium, 400 Phosphorus and 100 Pyrite = 2 Frostwort, 8 Star Brambles, 4 Solar Vines and 1 Echinocactus
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Farming was introduced during the Foundation update
- Many of the agricultural plants and products were renamed during the Atlas Rises update
- Crops can be harvested by anyone finding a working farm, not just the player who created and planted it
- Many crops have also had their base blueprint modified with NEXT, such as Coprite, Frostwort or Solar Vine.