Forgotten Colonies - Factions (Atlas)
|The subject of this article is from the Atlas Rises update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 23 July, 2018.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 23 July, 2018.
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
|This article is about the Atlas Rises version of Forgotten Colonies - Factions. For the NEXT version, see Forgotten Colonies - Factions.|
Space isn't safe... and neither are the Forgotten Colonies. Out on the distant borders of the Beta and Delta sector far beyond 750.000 ly from the galactic center, several groups fight for dominance. Some support exploration and research, blazing into the void of the outer rim, others try to secure resources for major projects or to defend the rim and then others just want to rule them all. Here they all meet and tell you their story.
- 1 Special Rule Option
- 2 Factions
- 3 Faction Hubs and Systems
- 4 Strongest Fleets
- 5 Known Members
Special Rule Option[edit | edit source]
Modifiers are as follows:
- Anarchy (Chaos+, Order-, no positive race effects)
- Communism (No Wealth Influence)
- Confederacy (200% Expansioncost, Order+)
- Cooperative (50% Expansioncost, Chaos-)
- Corporate (Wealth+, Poverty-)
- Democracy (200% Expansioncost, Wealth+)
- Dictatorship (Order+, Chaos-)
- Feudal (50% Expansioncost, Poverty-)
- Imperial (Wealth+, Chaos-)
- Patronage (Order+, Poverty-)
- Theocracy (No Order/Chaos Influence)
- Prison Colony (Wealth+, Any Level of Conflict-)
Races (No Order Influence malus in own race systems, Higher strain for other races)
Traveller (No Expansioncost, Only Traveller Systems)
The base expansion cost is 1 per 10 ly from the capital, the cost is rounded up. You would have to pay the resource it lacks the most. A low order system can be taken with military power. A lower wealth system can be bought out. If a faction wants to take it by force despite not supplying the lowest good, the cost is doubled. Assaulting a capital (Conflict 1, Wealth 3) takes double points regardless of choice. Any capital can randomly found a new faction if unclaimed during a seeding turn. Players can found factions in any system producing resources for their faction.
Factions[edit | edit source]
Explorers Guild[edit | edit source]
Merchants Guild[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries Guild[edit | edit source]
The Guardians of the Horizon are one of the major clients united under the banner of the Mercenaries Guild. Unlike some other elements inside the guild, the guardians are known pirate hunters and support the acquisition of bounties for pirates. While they don't offer protection for all systems, those chosen to be under their protection receive a steep drop in pirate activity over time. They are also known to defend major hubs of exploration, like the blackhole of Lobnin.
Traveller[edit | edit source]
The Traveller's Guild is a cooperative faction that serves as a beacon to all explorers, offering direct access to portal glyphs and acting as a neutral hub along the treacherous road through the void. Any system that has a Traveller as a magistrate or senior member of the space station is eligible to join them. Add tag [Traveller's Guild] to the system name in that case.
Vy'keen[edit | edit source]
Luquang Mynuud, the Ancient Warriors or Venerable Warriors, are a loose Vy'keen Confederacy. Their capital lies in Vesuvit and their law is that of every true adherent of their ancestors. These proud warriors know no retreat, no surrender, no mercy and most important, no friends. Unlike Hirk who foretold their liberation by Traveller hands, the Ancient Warriors belief their destiny their own. Be it sentinel, Gek, Korvax, Traveller or their own kin, everything must die! And so they went to make sure their enemies die first... and those that would deny the natural order of things crumble to dust in their wake. There is only one order in the universe. Honor and might are the only thing that counts in their world, and every outsider is but a mere interloper, unworthy of their presence.
Korvax[edit | edit source]
The Abikoyer Collective is a communist assortment of mostly Korvax systems. While they do accept non-Korvax in their ranks, all are treated equal to themselves. Just as they replace insufficient personal by entity override, they do remove useless crew of foreign races that disturb or hinder their schedule. In their mission to study the mineral structure of the border region, no failure is tolerated. Their radical ideas and demand for entry to other systems can lead to rather violent conflicts. Their original base is Kureserians in the Abikoyer Instability, but has since then expanded into the Yuhymunosh Anomaly. Every Korvax system in or near the Abikoyer Instability, as well as any mining or research system of other races is eligible to join this faction.
Gek[edit | edit source]
The Canopus Confederacy was founded by one of the rebel factions after the great war had brought down the First Spawn Empire. It is home to Canopus at the Yuhymunosh Anomaly's inner border and it itself borders the Tioliae Quadrant. The moderate Gek of the region have accepted the Korvax and honor their sacrifice during the great war to cleanse the violent spirit of the Gek. Their mutual respect and calm nature can be seen in their diplomatic stance to other races and their general disfavor of any inequality. It is not only bad for trade, it is something they learned to despise by nature. As such their dealings with the Vasho Ascendancy have left them appalled. They do not respect each other. While accepting new members from other races into their Confederation, they make it a rule to not use force on other species, offering them protection for partnership instead. They do not mind to buy out systems, however.
The Hishia Fortune Solutions or HFS for short, is a successful conglomerate of the Gek. Unlike many smaller corporations which are part of their local systems, this group has taken control of all assets of life. If you are important to the corporation, you are important in life. There is no difference!
The group is known to follow local laws and keep its promises, but it is not above and beyond cheap tactics and exploits. Whatever they can get... they want, but it has to be profitable. As one of the only refineries in the region, its value is enormous and it uses hostile embargoes and strategic acquisitions to keep its position. It is the anomalies official face towards Teorion, the region above it. While it might not be the best representative, it is a peaceful one. War is bad for business... if it is your own war.
The Vasho Ascendancy is one of the major centers of power inside the Yuhymunosh Anomaly and highly values its autarchy and control of local fuel supply lines. On the face of it, they operate like any independant Gek corporation, buying out systems in trouble and form strong bonds with other local Gek to increase mutual profits. Yet, if one attains their trust and jumps through their hoops, their extensive contracts with local pirates to weaken enemies come to the surface and their odd attitude to favor their kin in trades becomes less subtle. The Ascendancy still adheres to the ideal of supremacy of old and their inner circle follows a rather militaristic doctrine, all economical titles aside. They are a full-fledged dictatorship and willing to bring out their real weapons to back themselves up in a pinch... or to take what they desire.
"We once fought wars with weapons and fear. Now we own the business and employ the legions at the same time. No more betrayals. We can change the galaxy with power like that. Our time... it never ended."
Unaffiliated[edit | edit source]
The Crimson Raiders are an anarchist faction and led by a Vy'keen squadron. They currently operate out of Papako. Their main goal is to plunder and get rich, or have a damn good time trying. They don't shy away from either pilot nor sentinel, because theirs is an ideology of might makes right and if you don't bring the ship to endure their welcome, you weren't worthy talking to anyway.
They recently accepted the more ferocious Gek into their ranks and even some 'corrupt' Korvax have joined them. This expansion of their 'government' might hint to the rise of a new faction in the region to rival Gekan. Their time of isolation seems over.
While they would still consider 'motivating' their own kind to join, they avoid fighting foreign races in extensive guerillia wars. They prefer already chaotic systems if they take over other races, despite recent changes.
Gekan Brotherhood, at first it is just a name for a ragtag group. But this anarchist faction has taken control of the planet Gekan in the same system. Using the treacherous gaia world of the system, the group has allied 'corrupted' Korvax in search of families or indentity, followers of Nal or Vy'keen looking for true freedom for their hunt, and it has charmed Gek, tired of their old and their new ways. Sometimes a Gek just wants to farm.
Here they all meet. The group is a loose alliance of convenience. Everyone can be armed, anyone can stake their claim and everyone can take their own freedoms. They however have to defend it themselves too. Armed with this mentality, the adventurers of their group have taken to new systems, to claim their own where no one has gone before or to take what others belief their own. Yet even in seeming freedom, a web and equilibrium is quickly established. There can be no true entropy, without expansion. The brotherhood has just taken to the galaxy, but their effect can be felt throughout the region.
The Contingency is an organisation that transcends species. Traveller, Vy'keen, Gek and Korvax are working side by side to prevent or quell the greatest threats to the universe's survival. Be it the rise of a dangerous group, terrorism, natural disasters... or the foreign phenomenon called the hex. The Contingency is willing to step up and solve or at least contain the problems and anomalies. Their methods are based on rationalism and their efforts are never hasty. Led by their tireless Korvax leader, this group operates as efficient as the Convergence and will be ruthless in its pursuit. Even a 0.01% chance of destruction for the universe justifies a full course of action in their eyes. Mercy is no concept for their Vy'keen admiral. Their Korvax leader does not accept any variables in his equation either and any assets to support further contingency plans has to be seized and redirected. Life under The Contingency is safe, if harsh at times. Every free resource gets appropiated. Any system with the corruptive element called the Hex, as well as any conflict system can be brought under their heel in the name of peace and safety. However, funds are required first.
Faction Hubs and Systems[edit | edit source]
Abikoyer Collective[edit | edit source]
Ancient Warriors[edit | edit source]
Canopus Confederacy[edit | edit source]
Crimson Raiders[edit | edit source]
Gekan Brotherhood[edit | edit source]
Hishia Fortune Solutions[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries Guild[edit | edit source]
The Contingency[edit | edit source]
Traveller's Guild[edit | edit source]
- Resources (20 Adm/0 Mil)
- Income (7 Adm/-3 Mil)
- Forgotten Colonies
- Outer Rim Corridor
- Yushen Instability
- Yukihamur - Secondary and local capital
Vasho Ascendancy[edit | edit source]
- Resources (3 Adm/2 Mil)
- Income (0 Adm/4 Mil)
- Li Shipek
- Lodes (joint venture with the Traveller's Guild)
Strongest Fleets[edit | edit source]
This list only considers A and S class ships sourced during a recruitment turn or initial screening! These decide who wins a system if two parties claim one during trade conflicts or open war. Ships always engage their own kind first and follow a loop (stone,paper,scissor) inside their type with a bonus. Outside of their type, higher in the list gets an advantage over lower ships.
- Exotics can engage in war and trade conflicts, but only get rank bonus for war.
- Freighters double as warships and have the rank bonus against all, while gaining double strength/tradepower due to their low ingame values (max 78 = 156).
- Shuttles engage in trade without suffering rank penalties.
Capital Freighter[edit | edit source]
- Danonjoba, Lodes, Strength 154 Vasho Ascendancy
Regular Freighter[edit | edit source]
- Ishiomitaku, Hishia, Strength 104 Hishia Fortune Solutions
- Rosasendoronnar, Lingba, Strength 102 Traveller's Guild
- Kumanoyama, Canopus, Strength 98 Canopus Confederacy
- Ubunjian, Gekan, Strength 98 Gekan Brotherhood
- Wakayamer, Vasho, Strength 98 Vasho Ascendancy
Exotic[edit | edit source]
- Joyohara S51, Canopus, Strength 180 Canopus Confederacy
Heavy Fighter[edit | edit source]
- Handaita S38, Vesuvit, Strength 124 Ancient Warriors
- Kaokayab S97, Wuninka, Strength 117 The Contingency
- Hijonanto S55, Koeng Pora, Strenght 116 Abikoyer Collective
- Gayasudama S19, Hishia, Strength 111 Hishia Fortune Solutions
Medium Fighter[edit | edit source]
- Angotomae S74, Papako, Strength 110 Crimson Raiders
- Odegatam S64, Vasho, Strength 99 Vasho Ascendancy
- Sashiyazu S32, Canopus, Strength 99 Canopus Confederacy
- Wagoyamat S28, Wulan, Strength 99 Gekan Brotherhood
- Kuyamais S30, Estarna, Strength 98 The Contingency
- Uonumasen S10, Shorodo, Strength 98 Ancient Warriors
Light Fighter[edit | edit source]
- Rabirasu S89, Auso, Strength 106 Abikoyer Collective
- Ochinoku S45, Papako Strength 101 Crimson Raiders
- Inzaifur S95, Gekan, Strength 90 Gekan Brotherhood
- Kaokaidor S13, Negri, Strength 90 Traveller's Guild
- Settsuba S14, Iota, Strength 87 Ancient Warriors
- Uyameyama S82, Arapani, Strength 87 The Contingency
Large Explorer[edit | edit source]
Medium Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Degauray S70, Heusde, Strength 94 Abikoyer Collective
- Asumoten S56, Hishia, Strength 89 Hishia Fortune Solutions
- Fukihara S68, Vesuvit, Strength 89 Ancient Warriors
- Yazumote S47, Otohime, Strength 87 Traveller's Guild
- Uedaguim S52, Gekan, Strength 85 Gekan Brotherhood
Small Explorer[edit | edit source]
- Nashiraie S38, Papako, Strength 111 Crimson Raiders
- Uokazumi S42, Otohime, Strength 98 Traveller's Guild
- Tashibai S96, Heusde, Strength 73 Abikoyer Collective
Large Hauler[edit | edit source]
- Buyamamo S80, Li Shipek, Tradepower 130 Vasho Ascendancy
- Rakawaji S89, Wuninka, Tradepower 125 The Contingency
Medium Hauler[edit | edit source]
- Nenumaseb S11, Hishia, Tradepower 120 Hishia Fortune Solutions
- Yokkanaias S76, Otohime, Tradepower 112 Traveller's Guild
Small Hauler[edit | edit source]
- Rumotosu S46, Otohime, Tradepower 116 Traveller's Guild
- Hiyamatah S83, Nugai, Tradepower 113 Gekan Brotherhood
- Aiseharaso S47, Iota, Tradepower 112 Ancient Warriors
- Gujohana S97, Vasho, Tradepower 110 Vasho Ascendancy
- Kiyoshima S80, Arapani, Tradepower 107 The Contingency
- Ikawarak S86, Papako, Tradepower 101 Crimson Raiders
Medium Shuttle[edit | edit source]
- Rabirado S20, Canopus, Tradepower 89 Canopus Confederacy
- Ottorida S18, Gekan, Tradepower 59 Gekan Brotherhood
- Kiminabetr S12, Canopus, Tradepower 57 Canopus Confederacy
Small Shuttle[edit | edit source]
- Isomagos S66, Hishia, Tradepower 53 Hishia Fortune Solutions
- Nawagori S70, Otohime, Tradepower 51 Traveller's Guild
Known Members[edit | edit source]
|Player Name||PC/PS4||Faction||Home System||Home Planet|