|Category||Freighter - Hyperdrive|
|Type||Lightspeed Warp Drive|
|Recharged with||Warp Cell|
Freighter Hyperdrive is a a freighter propulsion method.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Freighter Hyperdrive is the freighter's lightspeed propulsion drive to aid players travel across galaxies. It has a base range of 100 light-years.
By default, each warp between systems consumes 20% of the hyperdrive's fuel supply. A freighter hyperdrive is fully charged with just one Warp Cell.
Game description[edit | edit source]
FTL propulsion drive that allows starship to attain warp speed and jump between neighbouring systems.
Charge system with Warp Cell.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Freighter Hyperdrive is a pre-installed technology on the freighter.
Freighter Hyperdrive cannot be dismantled.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
The synergy bonus is 5% per bordering Freighter Hyperdrive and 6% per bordering other freighter technologies.
The best layout is shown in the picture to maximize the bonus:
- It provides 100 + 200 + 300 + 50 + 50 + 800 + 50 = 1550 ly for the modules only
- It provides 200 · 0.17 + 300 · 0.18 + 800 · 0.18 + 50 · 0.29 = 246.5 ly for synergy bonus
- The 1550 + 246.5 = 1796.5 ly is multiplied by the class multiplier specific to each freighter. For example with +40% indicated bonus, 1796.5 · 1.4 = 2515.1 ly can be reached.
Note: For these calculations the game rounds to the first decimal by rounding half away from zero.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Warp Core Resonator, a level 1 technology
- Amplified Warp Shielding, a technology allows warping to red systems
- Chromatic Warp Shielding, a technology allows warping to green systems
- Plasmatic Warp Injector, a level 2 technology
- Temporal Warp Computer, a technology allows warping to blue systems
- Reality De-threader, a level 3 technology
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Atlas Rises - Added as a technology.
- Beyond - Introduced the upgrade tree.
- Synthesis - Added coloured system upgrades to the upgrade tree.