The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|Category||Freighter - Hyperdrive|
|Type||Lightspeed Warp Drive|
|Recharged with||Warp Cell|
Freighter Hyperdrive is a a freighter propulsion method.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Freighter Hyperdrive is the freighter's lightspeed propulsion drive to aid players travel across galaxies. It has a base range of 100 light-years.
By default, each warp between systems consumes 20% of the hyperdrive's fuel supply. A freighter hyperdrive is fully charged with just one Warp Cell.
Bug (1.50): This technology allows travel to all three colors of star systems, so it makes Warp Reactor Sigma, Warp Reactor Tau and Warp Reactor Theta technologies obsolete. Please report this bug here.
Game description[edit | edit source]
FTL propulsion drive that allows starship to attain warp speed and jump between neighbouring systems.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Freighter Hyperdrive is a pre-installed technology on the freighter.
Freighter Hyperdrive cannot be dismantled.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
The synergy bonus is 5% per bordering Freighter Hyperdrive and 6% per bordering other freighter technologies.
Currently Warp Shielding technologies have no use and due to the limited slots on the freighter the following technologies should be used:
- Freighter Hyperdrive (FH)
- Freighter Warp Reactor Sigma (L1)
- Freighter Warp Reactor Tau (L2)
- Freighter Warp Reactor Theta (L3)
The best layout is FH-L2-L3-L1 to maximize the bonus:
- It provides 100 + 300 + 800 + 200 = 1400 ly for the modules only
- It provides 300 · 0.05 + 300 · 0.06 + 800 · 0.06 + 800 · 0.06 + 200 · 0.06 = 15 + 18 + 48 + 48 + 12 = 141 ly for synergy bonus
- The 1400 + 141 = 1541 ly is multiplied by the class multiplier specific to each freighter. For example with +40% indicated bonus, 1541 · 1.4 = 2157.4 ly can be reached.
Note: For these calculations the game rounds to the first decimal by rounding half away from zero.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Freighter Warp Reactor technologies improve the Freighter Hyperdrive capabilities by increasing the distance that can be travelled by a freighter, while Warp Shielding technologies unlock special star types.
- As per datamining this technology has a blueprint (Chromatic Metal x500, Antimatter x3, Antimatter Housing x3), but it is not available for purchase probably due to its implementation (pre-installed and cannot be dismantled).
- Warp Shielding Sigma, a technology allows warping to red systems
- Warp Shielding Tau, a technology allows warping to green systems
- Warp Shielding Theta, a technology allows warping to blue systems
- Freighter Warp Reactor Sigma, a level 1 technology
- Freighter Warp Reactor Tau, a level 2 technology
- Freighter Warp Reactor Theta, a level 3 technology
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Atlas Rises - Added as a technology.