Galactic Hub Exobiology Corps
|This article was catalogued by the Galactic Hub.|
The Galactic Hub Exobiology Corps is a research organization.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Mission
- 3 Hierarchy / Rank System
- 4 Researcher Registry
- 5 Galactic Hub Rare Creatures
- 6 Diplos
- 7 8m+ Fauna
- 8 Lesser Mushroom Beetles
- 9 Butterflies
- 10 Sporeflies
- 11 Narwhals
Summary[edit | edit source]
Mission[edit | edit source]
The mission of the Galactic Hub Exobiology Corps (GHEC) is to:
- Discover rare and exotic fauna, and as many common species as practical, within the borders of the Galactic Hub.
- To gather the necessary information (screenshots, coordinates, spawn information, etc) for proper wiki documentation on behalf of the Galactic Hub.
- To share such discoveries and documentation with the citizens of the Galactic Hub for their enjoyment and use via NMSGalacticHub on Reddit, the Discord server, Twitter, and whatever other methods the Galactic Hub Council sees fit to implement.
Naming Discoveries[edit | edit source]
GHEC Researchers will know and properly employ Galactic Hub Naming Guidelines during the course of their exploration. Not all systems are required to be uploaded but it is strongly advised that any system in which a discovery is made be properly named and cataloged.
GHEC Researchers should use the format "Custom Name (Procedural Name)" when custom-naming fauna, or upload the species without renaming it. Names must not include any hostile or inappropriate references; such names may be removed from GHEC records.
Joining the Galactic Hub Exobiology Corps[edit | edit source]
First, complete the GHEC Volunteer Form.
After filling out the GHEC Volunteer Form, the Galactic Hub Council (particularly GH Founder 7101334 & GHEC Chief Research Officer old_school_rpg) will examine your volunteer application and, if possible, evaluate your wiki skills and any other relevant information.
The goal of the application process is to analyze your proficiency in wiki documentation and location of fauna species in-game. Your skills will not weigh heavily on whether or not you are accepted, but will determine what projects you are assigned to.
After an application is processed, applicants may be contacted directly in periods of few applications, or notified en masse via a Reddit thread notifying applicants in periods of many applications.
Hierarchy / Rank System[edit | edit source]
The GHEC is organized into a hierarchical rank structure as follows:
- Lead Exozoologist (LE): This rank is reserved for the Director of the Galactic Hub. The Lead Exozoologist maintains authority over the GHEC, and has final say over all exploration and research endeavors.
- Chief Research Officer (CRO): This researcher is the Director of the GHEC. The Chief Research Officer is responsible for all fauna research matters relating to the Galactic Hub and oversees all GHEC operations. This rank will run the day-to-day operations of the GHEC, and all active ranks will be required to report and answer to, this researcher. This rank serves as the intermediary between the Lead Exozoologist and the rest of the GHEC.
- Lead Fauna Specialist (LFS-4): These researchers possess great knowledge of the game’s genera, and an ability to create edit and maintain wiki articles. They are authorized to conduct recruitment activities across various subreddits and social media. These researchers will have authority to direct lower ranks and report and advise directly to the CRO.
- Fauna Researcher (FR-3): These researchers are proficient in discovering and classifying rare species with little oversight and proficient in creating and editing wiki articles. They report to the Lead Fauna Specialists.
- Hunter (H-2): These are researchers who have not yet demonstrated an ability to properly document discoveries but who are proficient at finding and noting the location of rare and exotic species to pass along for documentation
- Scout (S-1): These are recruits who have not yet received training in proper documentation and discovery of species.
Researcher Registry[edit | edit source]
PS4[edit | edit source]
|Username (Reddit, etc)||Playstation Network ID||Rank||Date of GHEC Acceptance (Year/Month/Day)||Officer Number|
XBox[edit | edit source]
|Username (Reddit, etc)||XBox Live ID||Rank||Date of GHEC Acceptance (Year/Month/Day)||Officer Number|
|TPHaze||THE PILOT HAZE||(FR-3)||2019/09/28||12|
PC[edit | edit source]
|Username (Reddit, etc)||Steam ID||Rank||Date of GHEC Acceptance (Year/Month/Day)||Officer Number|
Galactic Hub Rare Creatures[edit | edit source]
The tables below are a record of all rare species discovered and properly documented thus far in the Galactic Hub. It will continue to be updated as new creatures are discovered and their creature pages created. (See the Fauna Hall of Fame for an overall list of the largest and smallest fauna discovered in No Man's Sky.)
Greater Mushroom Beetles[edit | edit source]
Stained Glass Butterflies[edit | edit source]
Mega Diplos[edit | edit source]
Mega Lesser Mushroom Beetles[edit | edit source]
Diplos[edit | edit source]
See GHEC Diplo Album for a catalogue of all diplos discovered in Hub space.
8m+ Fauna[edit | edit source]
See GHEC 8m+ Fauna Album for a catalogue of 8m+ fauna discovered in Hub space.
Lesser Mushroom Beetles[edit | edit source]
See GHEC Lesser Mushroom Beetle Album for a catalogue of Lesser Mushroom Beetles discovered in Hub space.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
See GHEC Butterfly Album for a catalogue of butterflies discovered in Hub space.
Sporeflies[edit | edit source]
See GHEC Sporefly Album for a catalogue of sporeflies discovered in Hub space.
Narwhals[edit | edit source]
See GHEC Narwhal Album for a catalogue of narwhals discovered in Hub space.