Galactic Hub Project
|This article was catalogued by the Galactic Hub.|
|This article is about the Atlas Rises version of the Galactic Hub Project. For the Pathfinder version, see Galactic Hub Project (Pathfinder).|
|Galactic Hub Project|
|Capital system||(To Be Determined)|
|Capital planet||(To Be Determined)|
|Founded by||GalacticGeographic / 7101334 (Reddit)|
The Galactic Hub Project is a civilized space community.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Navigating to & Living in the Galactic Hub
- 3 Third Party Tools / Related Websites
- 4 Best of the Hub & Content Directory
- 5 Multiplayer Content
- 6 Alliances & Subfactions
- 6.1 United Federation of Travelers
- 6.2 Hubble Zone
- 6.3 Galactic Hub Civilizations in Other Galaxies
- 6.4 Galactic Hub Council
- 6.5 Allied Civilizations
- 6.6 Embassy Systems
- 7 Canon References
- 8 Staff
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Notes
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Project, generally referred to just as the Galactic Hub, is one of the largest and oldest civilizations in No Man's Sky. The civilization's focus is primarily on documenting and sharing in-game content, but the community also creates visual art, lore, videos, 3rd-party technology, and more.
The civilization is defined by its size, focus on documentation / sharing content, and excellent community. Various well-known NMS players, like Pilgrim Star Path creator Pahefu and NMS YouTuber CobraTV, are members of the Galactic Hub community. Members of the community, or people on their way to the Hub, are known as Interlopers. We've adopted the possibly-insulting, much-beloved Vy'keen phrase as our own.Euclid.
Originally created to explore a single region, the Rentocnii Conflux (formerly Rentocniijik Expanse), it eventually expanded into 11 regions total. Individual players and offshoot civilizations expanded unofficially into many more "Huburb" regions. After Update 1.3, the entire civilization was relocated to the Shungka Void and 10 other regions.
The Galactic Hub's main website is the Galactic Hub subreddit.
Interloper Census[edit | edit source]
Upon reaching the Galactic Hub, the first thing you should do is sign up for the Interloper Census, for the following reasons:
- Gives the Galactic Hub staff an accurate idea of the size of the civilization.
- Allows other players to more easily locate your home base, and what game mode it's on (however, you can omit that info if you don't want a lot of visitors).
- Allows people to check which platform you're on (can be useful if you post something on the Subreddit, for example, and they're wondering if it's on PC or PS4).
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Documentation - Clearly locate desirable ships, multitools, freighters, and technology; fascinating flora and fauna; useful resources; and much more. Contribute with the knowledge that you're part of a semi-scientific community and helping other Interlopers..
- Multiplayer Elements - As (probably) the largest civilization in Euclid, the Galactic Hub is the #1 location for multiplayer interactions, whether that means seeing other players ("Glitches" / floating orbs), player bases, a variety of Communications Stations, or just frequently coming across discovered systems. Community Farms allow players easy access to valuable and/or useful resources. We also have various purposefully-planned multiplayer events, like the Portal Party.
- Community - The community extends beyond the in-game multiplayer elements. Our community has created over 500 wiki pages, has 6,000+ Subreddit subscribers, a variety of resources (see "3rd Party Tools" section), and even a Redbubble shop for Galactic Hub merchandise. More importantly than just the features, the Galactic Hub community are friendly, often very experienced Interlopers. We ask that new players do some basic research, but we're always willing to help anyone who needs it.
Naming Convention[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub uses specific naming guidelines in-game. Names created using these guidelines mark the system as Galactic Hub space, and can share a variety of important information in a small number of characters. Such names can be very useful to other Interlopers.
Regions Occupied[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub officially occupies the following 11 regions, as well as a number of "Huburb" regions in an unofficial capacity.
- Shungka Void (044C:0082:0D55:0000)
- Waolab Anomaly (044C:0082:0D54:0000)
- Iajukul Cluster (044D:0082:0D54:0000)
- Dizele Void (044D:0082:0D55:0000)
- Ninasoness Mass (044D:0082:0D56:0000)
- Eyrint Fringe (044C:0082:0D56:0000)
- Dadurgh (044B:0082:0D56:0000)
- Marmor Spur (044B:0082:0D55:0000)
- Ooksten Terminus (044B:0082:0D54:0000)
- Aybess Terminus (Coordinates Coming Soon)
- Dujerad Adjunct (044C:0081:0D55:0000)
[edit | edit source]
See Interloper's Handbook - Guide to the Galactic Hub for a guide on how to reach the Hub, how to contribute to the Hub, customs of Hub life, and more.
HUB1-!$-1D TopOfTheTree2 is our Port System, the solar system where players may claim a base after using a Portal without considering if there's already a base in the system.
Third Party Tools / Related Websites[edit | edit source]
- Pilgrim Star Path can help players reach the Galactic Hub. (NOTE: Pilgrim Star Path will display the "old" location of the Hub until August 20th.)
- GH Discord allows Hub players to easily chat in a less "structured" environment than the Subreddit.
- Seamonkey420's Wiki Script allows players to create Wiki pages for the Galactic Hub just by answering some questions, then uploading necessary images.
Best of the Hub & Content Directory[edit | edit source]
Fauna[edit | edit source]
|Aufetaeum Ruboryp||Mesanqiu Chast, HUB1-A9 Dabindarf III||6.06-6.20m||274.10kg|
|Discovered by: Kildynn||Genus: Rangifae||Notes: Megafauna diplo species on a radioactive planet. One gender has a prominent crest where its neck meets its shoulders, and the other has an adornment on its head which appears to be solid and scaly, as well as smaller, spiked scales extending down its neck.|
|Ilbiveaniumum Nesoi||Chowaqun, HUB9-D3 Olzovater||5.89-6.00m||270.54kg|
|Discovered by: Longarone||Genus: Rangifae||Notes: Megafauna diplo species on a radioactive planet. One gender has a head crest like the Drogradur Diplos, while the other gender is quite plain. Arched-back diplos, relatively common to locate.|
|Oustiia Vorag||Spira, HUB4-AE Cetra||4.72m||210.46kg|
|Discovered by: ButterForTheKing||Genus: Rangifae||Notes: Large diplo species, just barely could be considered megafauna as it is too large to feed, but smaller than your usual megafauna diplo. Interesting coloration, very rare to locate.|
|Ubfaldaea Haune||Double Diplo, HUB11-1A5 Double Diplo||2.81-2.93m||149.48kg|
|Discovered by: Drunken_Slacker||Genus: Rangifae||Notes: Beautiful diplo species with long tails and bright blue eyes. Seem to only appear rarely.|
|Ibitiae Daqua||Double Diplo, HUB11-1A5 Double Diplo||0.65-0.86m||81.21kg|
|Discovered by: Drunken_Slacker||Genus: Rangifae||Notes: Common diplo species found all over this planet during the daytime, less common at night but still present.|
|Nalasaurus||Gaal, HUB-X-8B Trantor||8m-8.07m||354.48kg|
|Discovered by: AndyKrycek6||Genus: --||Notes: One of the many 'giants' that roam Gaal.|
Remarkable Planets & Desirable Base Locations[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
(Note: Very easy to obtain, see system page for more info.)
|S-Class (Exotic)||HUB1-!-68 Eidolon Prime (See page for inventory screenshots)||Keshian_Rade|
(Note: Crashed starship, marked on PS4.)
|S-Class (Exotic)||HUB1-1BE GNAT 1BE Glorified Magnified (See page for inventory screenshots)||Masamune-|
(Note: Crashed starship, marked on PS4.)
|A-Class||Crashed 48 slot hauler. ~110mil to repair slots||[HUB8-T-FB] Nucleus]Reddit page with location and information||OrcaMarco|
|Name Unknown - Please add name if you purchase or scan this ship.||N/A (Should appear in all classes)||"Active Cargopod Hauler" ship parts - blue glowing "force field" around the side-mounted orbs.||HUB11-$-18C Baile Des||7101334|
See Galactic Hub Starship Catalog for more.
Freighters[edit | edit source]
See Galactic Hub Freighter Catalog for more.
Multitools[edit | edit source]
- 24-slot S-Class Experimental MT
Galactic Survey Entry
See Galactic Hub Multitool Catalog for more.
PS4 Player Bases[edit | edit source]
See Galactic Hub Player Bases for more bases.
Farms[edit | edit source]
No Farms (20 Plants or Fewer)[edit | edit source]
Main multiplayer meeting point for the Galactic Hub.
Galactic Survey Entry
PC Player Bases[edit | edit source]
Farms[edit | edit source]
No Farms (20 Plants or Fewer)[edit | edit source]
Technology / Blueprints[edit | edit source]
See Galactic Hub Technology Catalog for more.
Travellers and Glyphs[edit | edit source]
Multiplayer Content[edit | edit source]
This section primarily refers to events or locations where you can actually see the so-called "glitches" of other players, the floating orbs which represent their position. User-generated content like bases, while technically "multiplayer content," are covered elsewhere on this page.
Shungka Cantina[edit | edit source]
The Shungka Cantina is the primary multiplayer meeting spot in the Galactic Hub. If you're looking to help/join another player, need have another player help/join you, or if you're just looking for some socialization, head to the Cantina: the Galactic Hub's wretched hive of scum and villainy.
- PS4: The Shungka Cantina - PS4
- PC: Built on Normal, survival and Permadeath modes.
Renaissance Cup: Competitive Exocraft Racing[edit | edit source]
In the Renaissance Cup, players competed (both in real-time and on record-based leaderboards) for real-world prizes like Galactic Hub Trophies and Pins.
See Galactic Hub's Renaissance Cup - Exocraft Race Cup for more information.
Mission Board[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Mission Board is inspired by the in-game Mission Board, except the missions are written by fellow players instead of the game itself. See that page for more information.
Rank System[edit | edit source]
Players can gain levels by completing missions on the Mission Board. You can update your current level on the Interloper Census and the Subreddit. Participation in the Level System is optional/voluntary.
See the Mission Board system for more detailed information.
Alliances & Subfactions[edit | edit source]
(Refer to Civilized space page for more info)
United Federation of Travelers[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub is a founding civilization in the United Federation of Travelers. We assist and cooperate with all civilizations, but will always prioritize fellow Federation civilizations. Historically, we have a close alliance with No Man's Sky Love and the Deep Thought Collective.
Hubble Zone[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub is dedicated to establishing stronger relations with civilizations located in the Hubble zone, as well as attracting more players and civilizations to this area. A denser concentration of players and civilizations lends itself to more interaction and more easily shared content. The Galactic Hub offers Cooperative Benefits to civilizations located in the Hubble Zone.
Galactic Hub Civilizations in Other Galaxies[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Hilbert[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Hilbert is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Hilbert Dimension galaxy, the second galaxy in the universe (after Euclid). The effort is being led by pahefu, creator of the Pilgrim Star Path app and major participant in the Euclid Galactic Hub.
Galactic Hub Calypso[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Calypso is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Calypso galaxy, the third galaxy in the universe (after Hilbert). We are currently seeking leaders for this effort on both PC and PS4.
Galactic Hub Budullangr[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Budullangr is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project into the Budullangr galaxy, the seventh galaxy in the universe (after Ickjamatew). We are currently seeking leaders for this effort on both PC and PS4.
Galactic Hub Eissentam[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Eissentam is an extension of the Galactic Hub Project founded after Update 1.3 in the 10th galaxy Eissentam, also known as the first Tranquil galaxy. The effort is being led by jmillgraphics (Reddit / PS4).
Galactic Hub Council[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Council is a group of players formed with the intention of advising the Hub's founder on how to manage the Galactic Hub, new policies, new events, and more.
The Council's first primary purpose was to help organize our move from Rentocniijik Expanse / Rentocnii Conflux into our current home region.
For a full list of Council members, see the "Staff" section.
Allied Civilizations[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub is seeking to establish official alliances with some civilizations. At first this effort will focus on the Hubble zone of space, as well as civilizations with a history of extensive cooperation with the Galactic Hub. Following the initial stages it will expand to a general effort to establish formal alliances with all civilizations.
Allied civilizations will have Embassy Systems (see section below) established as a show of support and cooperation, and will be given access to the Diplomatic Missions section of the Galactic Hub Mission Board.
Embassy Systems[edit | edit source]
Embassy Systems are single systems claimed by the Galactic Hub in another civilization's space. Embassy systems have a few purposes:
- Dedicated teleportation/Portal travel point between that civilization and the Galactic Hub for whoever claims the system, or anyone else who makes the journey from the Hub to the Embassy.
- Dedicated location for members of both civilizations (Galactic Hub and native civilization) to leave Communications Stations.
- Display of friendship and respect in making the (usually long) journey from the Hub to the native civilization.
- In the future, particularly if HG allows multiple bases on one character, they may be locations for Galactic Hub outposts in the form of player bases.
The names for embassies attempt to combine Galactic Hub naming conventions with local naming conventions.
Alpha Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Beta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Delta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Gamma Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Near Center[edit | edit source]
Canon References[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub has been referenced by actual in-game content, and was also a part of the Waking Titan ARG. That means the Galactic Hub is canon in the NMS universe!
Staff[edit | edit source]
Although many of our citizens gather information, some members of the community have stepped up to specific roles or efforts.
Any Interloper who feels they are qualified is welcome to ask for a "Lead" position in any role.
- 7101334 - Founder, Lead Exozoologist, Main Subreddit Moderator (Primary fauna consultant)
- Pahefu - Atlas Entity (3rd-party Tool Creator), Council Member (Primary 3rd-party tool creator)
- AndyKrycek6 - Graphic Designer, Subreddit Moderator, Council Member, Lead Census Taker (Primary Interloper Census consultant)
- UniDestiny - Wiki Admin, Lead Cartographer, Council Member (Primary map-making & navigation consultant)
- 57Dynasty - Lead Economist, Council Member (Primary economic / financial consultant)
- zachsonstacks - Lead Exoagriculturalist, Council Member (Primary crop farming consultant)
- seamonkey420 - Lead Archivist, 3rd Party Tool Creator, Council Member (Primary Hub-history consultant)
- SteelySam13 - Lead Starship Engineer, Council Member (Primary starship tech & tactics consultant.
- Teovin - Subreddit Moderator, Council Member
- TheMarco - 3rd-party Tool Creator, Subreddit Moderator
- nphyx - 3rd-party Tool Creator, Council Member
- morgvom_org - Graphic Designer, Council Member
- Trig-Antrax - r/NoMansSkyTheGame Moderator, Council Member
- DoctorXI2 - Council Member
- Private-Miller - Council Member
- DesignationG - Council Member
- SmeeMont - Council Member
- Masamune- - Council Member
- ButterForTheKing - Council Member
- jmillgraphics - Council-loper
- WithYouInSpirit99 - r/NoMansSkyTheGame Moderator, Council Member
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Any images which don't require their own article (ie, fauna) and are not maps or navigational aids should be posted here.
Renaissance Era[edit | edit source]
Advertisement for Galactic Hub's Renaissance Cup - Exocraft Race Cup by AndyKrycek6
Pre-Renaissance[edit | edit source]
Flyer/brochure for the El Lazo Lodge on HUB-V-158 Todoroki by AndyKrycek6
Flyer/advertisement for the Galactic Hub Cup by AndyKrycek6
Notes[edit | edit source]
Hello Games References[edit | edit source]
- Hello Games reposted a Galactic Hub advertisement, "Why should you head to the Hub?" on May 22, 2017.
- Hello Games reposted a post by AndyKrycek advertising the Galactic Hub's Renaissance Cup - Exocraft Race Cup.
Press References[edit | edit source]
- Gaming journalism website Kotaku published an article on the Hub on March 9, 2017.
- German gaming journalism website Gamepro published a (largely inaccurate) article on the Hub on March 25, 2017. This article mentions odd practices that aren't known to actually occur, like selling the location of NMS gold deposits for real-world money.
- Red Bull published an article about aspects of the No Man's Sky meta-game, including the Hub, to the gaming journalism section of their website on March 31, 2017.
- Kotaku published an article, "At Long Last, No Man’s Sky Players Meet Up In-Game," which reported on one of the first (or perhaps the very first) meeting between two players in the Galactic Hub after Update 1.3. This article was published on August 11, 2017.
- Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky Players Who Colonized A Galaxy Now Have To Find A New Home," which reported on the Hub's move from the Rentocnii Conflux to the Shungka Void, on August 23, 2017.
- Archaeogaming's No Man's Sky Archaeological Survey (NMAS) has published a number of articles involving archaeology in the Galactic Hub Project Legacy Region, with the first being published on September 15, 2017.
- Kotaku published an article, "Archeologist Digs Into Remains of No Man's Sky Abandoned Player Civilization," which reported on the NMS Archaeological Survey's research in the Legacy Region. This article was published on October 3, 2017.
- Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky Players Have A Space Government, Politics and All," which reported on the United Federation of Travelers and its allied civilizations, including the Galactic Hub. This article was published on October 25th, 2017.
- Kotaku published an article, "How to Get to the Galactic Hub in No Man's Sky," on October 26, 2017.
- Vice Brazil published an article, "A história dos jogadores que trouxeram vida ao vazio de 'No Man's Sky' ("The story of players that brought life to the void of No Man’s Sky"), on November 22, 2017. (English translation)
Other[edit | edit source]
- NMS Youtube creator JustJarrod Gaming released a video about The Galactic Hub Project on January 30, 2017
- The Galactic Hub's official flag & emblem were chosen on April 9, 2017, after a community vote (download).
- A number of references to the Galactic Hub and Galactic Hub content can be found on Waking Titan, the No Man's Sky-related ARG website.