Galactic Hub Project (Pathfinder)
|This article is about the Pathfinder version of the Galactic Hub Project. For the Visions version, see Galactic Hub Project. For the Atlas Rises version, see Galactic Hub Project (Atlas).|
|The subject of this article is from the Pathfinder update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 10 August, 2017.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 10 August, 2017.
|This page fills the role of Embassy for the Galactic Hub Project community in Civilized space.|
The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.
The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.
|Galactic Hub Project|
|Capital system||HUB-G-211 Lennon|
|Capital planet||Drogradur NO425|
|Coordinates||0469 : 0081 : 0D6D : 0211|
|Founded by||GalacticGeographic / 7101334 (Reddit)|
The Galactic Hub Project is a Civilized space community, the largest in the No Man's Sky universe.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Known Star Systems
- 3 The 'Best of the Hub' - Main Attractions
- 4 Interlopers
- 5 Subprojects
- 6 Maps / Navigational Aids
- 7 Alliances
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Notes
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Project is a Civilized Space community focused on exploring a specific area of the Euclid galaxy with other players. This includes the Rentocniijik Expanse and 10 specific surrounding regions as follows: 
- Rentocniijik Expanse - The core region of the Hub, star systems names use the [HUB-R-###] convention
- Eapustafiges Adjunct - names start with HUB2. Example: HUB2-V-156 Lianara's Curse
- Nagkamunti Band - names start with HUB3. Example: HUB3-K-124 Procedural Star
- Bisticabi Boundary
- Enharagch Expanse
- Rahesdaingwut Terminus
- Renbellanj Expanse
- Uugusteur Adjunct (Below Rento)
- Uahakplatopo Adjunct (Above Rento)
The capital system of the Galactic Hub is HUB-G-211 Lennon, location of Drogradur NO425, a lush planet with a ~6m diplo species. The capital system, in the Rentocniijik Expanse region, can be found at these coordinates:
The Galactic Hub Project is a member of the United Federation of Travelers.
Benefits[edit | edit source]
While not possible to see other players directly, you can still see and visit their bases, as well as interact with their Communications Stations. The Hub's close proximity and high density of players have a number of other advantages as well.
- Available resources are often noted in the names of systems. You can easily locate resources like Rigogen, Spadonium, Albumen Pearls, and more.
- The Hub Management System, or HMS, by pahefu assists in easily locating desired systems.
- Available starships are often cataloged, making it easy to look through available ships and purchase the one you want.
- Easiest place to locate Communication Stations left behind by other travelers.
- A variety of fauna, flora, and geological attractions.
- Economic benefits, such as known locations which pay 100%+ for Albumen Pearls.
- Community Farms providing large amounts of Units (in the form of Albumen Pearls or other valuable plants) or resources such as Coryzagen.
Naming Convention[edit | edit source]
Those in the Galactic Hub can choose to follow its optional naming guidelines. These allow other travelers to quickly identify desirable aspects of a system or planet, such as noteworthy fauna, resources, or ships.
Subfactions / Related Groups[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Hilbert[edit | edit source]
Galactic Hub Science Corps[edit | edit source]
The Galactic Hub Science Corps is an association of players in Galactic Hub space who are interested in researching so-called "Hub Science" - measuring specific, often subtle aspects of the game. Early examples of "Hub Science" would be the Subprojects, studying topics like weather, time, stellar region shape, and repeatable changes in the visual appearance of certain elements of solar systems.
Science Officers receive a unique badge (Ψ) on the Galactic Hub Subreddit and, also through Reddit, will be notified of any new Hub Science projects or discussions. Science Officers are never required to participate in any study or discussion and are always free to spend their time however they choose, but you should only sign up for the Science Corps if you're interested in actually engaging in discussions and studies when possible.
You can apply for the Galactic Hub Science Corps in this thread or message 7101334, Galactic Hub founder, on Reddit.
Known Star Systems[edit | edit source]
For a list of known systems, visit the Galactic Hub Project category index or use the link at at the bottom of this page. Any beginning with the "HUB-R-###" format tag are systems, where R is the letter representing the race.
Known Space Station Vendors with Core Upgrades[edit | edit source]
"Core upgrades" refers to upgrades which are not "Coolant," "Damage", etc. Essentially, if it doesn't end with the words Sigma, Tau, Theta, or Omega, it's most likely a core upgrade (with some exceptions, such as Photonix Core, a Pulse Engine upgrade).
Multi-tool Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Pulse Spitter found in HUB-V-186 FirstEarthBase
- Blaze Javelin found in HUB11-V-7B Legkounitog-Teut
- Blaze Javelin and Pulse Spitter both found in HUB7-V-192 Bob Weir (Available on HMS)
Starship Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Cyclotron Ballista found in HUB-G-1B2 Something Something (Available on HMS).
- Cyclotron Ballista and Positron Ejector both found in HUB-G-135 Mobayasumoi (Available on HMS).
- Cyclotron Ballista and Positron Ejector both found in HUB7-G-129 Jewel of Kogii'ithip.
The 'Best of the Hub' - Main Attractions[edit | edit source]
Best Fauna[edit | edit source]
(Sizes in the table always reference the larger of the two genders.)
Territorium de Caesarus
|HUB-G-1F5 De Caesarus||Rentocniijik Expanse||Massive (8.43m) t-rex, largest known fauna in all of No Man's Sky (according to the NMS_Zoology Hall of Fame).||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|HUB-G-66 Verdugo ZV||Rentocniijik Expanse||8.2m diplos on a hot planet. Largest diplos in the Hub, second largest known diplos in No Man's Sky currently.||zerovalence (PC, Reddit)|
|HUB3-G-D4 Asoiaf||Nagkamunti Band||8.03m diplos on an orange/red-tinted lush planet, second largest diplos in the Galactic Hub and some of the largest in the game in general.||redXcloud (PS4) / Austauros (Reddit)|
|HUB10-G-1D3 Fyodor||Uugusteur Adjunct||7.23m diplos on a hot planet. Second largest diplos in the Hub, both genders with a fascinating appearance.||DJuanez (PS4)/Beautifulderanged (Reddit)|
|HUB-G-211 Lennon||Rentocniijik Expanse||The iconic 5.98m diplos which inhabit the Galactic Hub's capital planet, the lush Drogradur NO425. Some of the best diplos to ride on the backs of.||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|HUB7-G-214 Einhander||Kogii'ithip||Beautiful diplos, one 6.17m "classic" diplo (very similar to Earth sauropods) and one with a "cobra hood", pictured in this table.||devinup (PC, Reddit)|
|HUB8-G-134 Two Edens||Renbellanj Expanse||An "arched-back" 6.05m diplo species. One has a beak and prominent red neck features, and the other has spines and a "mohawk." The beautiful, lush planet they inhabit is also home to wraiths and a known Portal (on PS4).||youngstrizzle (PS4)/rebelnaked (Reddit)|
Anck Su Namun
|HUB4-V-1FF The Narmer Empire||Bisticabi Boundary||A 6.2m diplo species on a beautiful, freezing-rain lush planet. One has large ears, while the other has a blue-tipped frill around its head.||darkfox_13 (PS4)/Darkfox113 (Reddit)|
|HUB-V-F6 The Four Fates||Rentocniijik Expanse||A 5.97m diplo species on a tropical, but mostly flora-free planet. However, the seas are rich with both flora and fauna.||Bibliophile999 (PS4)/Gully_Foyle_Of_Terra (Reddit)|
|Rangifae||Glory of Atom||HUB-V(AS)-7A Nerevkarovgra||Renbellanj Expanse||A 6.07m diplo species on a radioactive planet which, by radioactive planet standards, is relatively beautiful.||Syn1334 (PS4)/710134 (Reddit)|
|HUB11-V-7B Legkounitog-Teut||Uahakplatopo Adjunct||A white-and-green, 6.23m diplo species. The planet they live on is technically a hot planet, but appears more like a dusty, barren planet, as it has no flora (except resource plants).||Ezegnegch (PC)/g5457s (Reddit)|
|HUB2-V-71 Aderyt||Eapustafiges Adjunct||A yellow-and-brown, 6.00m diplo species. The toxic planet they live on is mostly barren of flora, having only a few small mushrooms and the standard resource plants.||Rusyn (PC)/rusynlancer (Reddit)|
|~4m diplo species||Rangifae||
HaGalil (PC), Mango Afternoon (PS4)
|HUB-G-15 HaTzafon||Rentocniijik Expanse||A ~4m diplo species inhabits this beautiful lush planet.||firecrackers (PC), nips18 (Reddit)|
|HUB4-K-17E Hov Infinity Star||Bisticabi Boundary||This 3m diplo species inhabits this lush, mostly-purple planet. One has a cobra hood, and the other has a large, possibly fungal headpiece.||KingJamesHova (PS4)/GtaHov (Reddit)|
Myindulceum Icramorg (Honey Diplo)
|HUB7-K-149 Sugar Magnolia||Kogii'ithip||This beautiful lush planet is inhabited by ~1m diplo species, butterfly-winged Cycromys species, and "segmented aquatic worms" (Ictaloris genus).||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|Conokinis|||Planet Prankster||HUB-G-1B8 K.Kesey||Bisticabi Boundary||An incredibly rare species, one gender of this 1.55m beetle has a large, colorful symbiotic mushroom growing out of its back.||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|HUB-V(AS)-7A Nerevkarovgra||Renbellanj Expanse||An unusual, predatory, 3.0m t-rex species, it appears to have gelatinous/slime tentacles protruding from its back, and arms and legs made of the same material.||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|HUB-V-01 Vortopia||Rentocniijik Expanse||Similar to Quuskala Siolupa (the species listed above this one), but smaller (1.28m) and non-predatory.||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
Ilheta Ifabric and Nagwitasco Ondicio
|HUB7-G-5C Zoology Star II||Kogii'ithip||Two beautiful, large birds with butterfly-like wings, one vivid blue and the other yellow-orange, with black patterns.||Syn1334 (PS4)/7101334 (Reddit)|
|HUB10-||Uugusteur Adjunct||A tiny t-rex species which inhabits a gorgeous lush planet with golden sunsets.||marcovhv (PS4)/TheMarco (Reddit)|
Best Flora[edit | edit source]
The beautiful red flora of Amber Archipelago.
Best System Economies[edit | edit source]
PS4[edit | edit source]
- GekNip - Can be purchased at HUB-G-148 Deadstar I from Resource Analyst Voi (Red Hauler, x4), Specialist Sah (White Hauler, x3), and Captain Jan (Red Fighter, x2). All prices range from +0.3% to +0.4%.
- GekNip - can be purchased at the capital system, HUB-G-211 Lennon's, space station from Hireling Nofar in the blue hauler, at a lower price than Efabo.
- GekNip - can be purchased at HUB-G-C0 Shipyard Star, from WorkGek Efabo in the red Explorer ship. (Available on HMS)
- Albumen Pearls - can be sold for 109%+ of their base value at the HUB11-K-152 Botany Bay Space Station from the GTT. (Available on HMS)
- NipNip Buds - can be sold for 99%+ of their base value at the HUB-V-1B4 LizardsandIslands Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Bud - can be sold for 108%+ of their base value at the HUB-G-183 Denzel's Wake Space Station from the GTT.
PC[edit | edit source]
- GekNip - can be purchased two at a time for 24,793.1 units each (.2% above their Galactic average) at the HUB7-G-210 Marian Hill Space Station from the GTT (Coordinates LIDA:0468:0081:0D6E:0210) (Distance from Galactic Center 166716.3 LY).
- Albumen Pearls - can be sold for +98% of their base value at the HUB-V-1D Otenridum Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Buds - can be sold for +106.5% of their base value at the HUB7-G-102 Temerium Point Space Station from the GTT.
- NipNip Buds - can be sold for +100.8% of their base value at the HUB-K-20C Mimadan Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Dynamic Resonators - can be sold for +102.6% of their base value at the HUB-G-1F8 Okuchizentan RigoDino Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Dynamic Resonators - can be sold for +97.9% of their base value at the G-18 Gala from Specialist Oimio, one of the pilots who visit the Station randomly.
- Dynamic Resonators - can be sold for +94.4% of their base value at the HUB-K-20C Mimadan Point Space Station from the GTT.
- Aquaspheres can be sold for +102.6% of their base value at the G-18 Gala Space Station from Specialist Oimio, one of the pilots who visit the Station randomly.
Best Starships[edit | edit source]
Note that all "ship pieces" are only aesthetic and have no effect on how a ship functions. The exceptions are Cockpit Windows, which change how far you can look left or right while in your ship, or certain pieces which indicate a ship may have more or less slots.
Only a ship's class (Hauler, Fighter, Explorer, Shuttle) or grade (C, B, A, S) will affect its stats such as Damage, Shield Strength, Warp Range, and "Critical Health."
Freighters[edit | edit source]
A Freighter with the same style and number of slots will always appear in any given system during the "Pirate Space Battle" events. Additionally, other freighters can be found in certain systems, such as the relatively rare "ball-nosed" freighters.
Kusatsunokayam. 34-slot freighter found in HUB7-G-214 Einhander. Full price: 73M units.
Uokazuka. 34-slot freighter found in HUB11-K-1A2 Tortuga. Full price: 73M units.
Fighters[edit | edit source]
Fighter, Rimaruto S31, 38 Slots Maximum, available in HUB2-V-71 Aderyt.
Haulers[edit | edit source]
Hauler, Name unknown, available in HUB-G-113 Tom Paris, rare "active cargopod shield generator" piece.
Hauler, Sanmutin S52, available in HUB-K-12B CuriousGroup, rare "active cargopod shield generator" piece.
Explorers[edit | edit source]
Best Multitools[edit | edit source]
- "Type" refers to Pistol, Rifle, Experimental, Alien, etc.
|Planet||System||Discovered by||Marked with Communications Station|
(Yes on PC/PS4/Both; or No)
|Fading Gerosaec||Alien||Unknown||Unknown||HUB-K-1FA Jubei||ShinobidoN (PS4), then
|The Skopwegweg v7.17||Alien||Unknown||7,750,000||A-Class 24 Slot Alien MT (PS4)
The Tin Man (PC)
then subp (PC)
|Complete Gleam IV||Experimental||7,500,000||6,250,000||HUB8-G-117 CG IV (PS4)
then jbbuzz (PC)
|Yes on both|
|Sagarnanhe-Sicu Mark XIX||Probably Alien
|Unknown||Unknown||HUB-K-18C BF171 Half Dead||BotFodder2 (PS4)||No|
Known Portal Locations[edit | edit source]
(Only for Portals marked with Communication Stations - also include PC/PS4, unless you know it's marked on both systems.)
- Alvier in system Hub-V-3D Helvetia.
- Chandrian in system HUB-V-55 Rothfuss on PS4.
- Drogradur NO425 in system HUB-G-211 Lennon on PS4.
- Elysium in system HUB8-G-134 Two Edens on PS4/PC.
- Gawasebondenha in system HUB11-K-84 Krabs on PC.
- Nojikov ZN767 in system HUB-K-1FA Jubei on PS4/PC.
- Riqian Tanimont in system HUB-G-C Wanukihara on PC.
- FoundPortal in system "[" (PS4, directly below HUB-V-15D TopOfTheTree).
- Walley World Prime in system HUB-G-70 Walley World! on PS4.
- Elebor in system HUB3-G-CC Makonis
- Scylla II in system HUB4-K-6C Powell on PS4
- Yggdrasil in system HUB7-G-E4 Ygdrasil on PS4
Interlopers[edit | edit source]
The official term for players exploring the Galactic Hub is interloper. The following sections relate specifically to interloper activities.
Bases[edit | edit source]
Community Farms[edit | edit source]
For a list of farms, visit the Community Farms page
Racetracks[edit | edit source]
Known Players (Interloper Census)[edit | edit source]
For a list players who have reached the Galactic Hub, visit the Census - Galactic Hub page.
Subprojects[edit | edit source]
Subprojects are specific research projects within the Galactic Hub. These usually focus on furthering understanding of No Man's Sky in some quantifiable fashion (such as understanding the exact time of dawn and dusk).
The purpose of Subproject Chronos is to understand the effects of time in No Man's Sky. A greater understanding of time in NMS may help with knowledge regarding weather/temperature patterns, the activity of fauna (as some are nocturnal or diurnal), and possibly other applications.
The purpose of Subproject Nimbus is to understand the effects of time in No Man's Sky. A greater understanding of weather in NMS may help with the creation of a No Man's Sky weather app.
The purpose of Subproject Atlas is to gain a better understanding of stellar clusters, better known as Regions, in No Man's Sky. Additionally, this subproject seeks to find a location in-game where the Rentocniijik Expanse is clearly visible in the night sky of a planet.
The purpose of Subproject Eden is to gain any meaningful understanding of the mechanism or purpose behind certain visual (and possibly characteristic) changes which can occur within a system, and seemingly be triggered by players.
[edit | edit source]
A rough outline of the Rentocniijik Expanse, with HUB-V-15D TopOfTheTree located at the thinnest point.
Alliances[edit | edit source]
(Refer to Civilized space page for more info)
The Galactic Hub is a founding member of the United Federation of Travelers. We assist and cooperate with all civilizations, but will always prioritize fellow Federation civilizations. Historically, we have worked most closely with the Amino Hub, and also have a close alliance with No Man's Sky Love.
Embassy Systems[edit | edit source]
Embassy Systems are single systems claimed by the Galactic Hub in another civilization's space. Embassy systems have a few purposes:
- Dedicated teleportation point between that civilization and the Galactic Hub for whoever claims the system, or anyone else who makes the journey from the Hub to the Embassy.
- Dedicated location for members of both civilizations (Galactic Hub and native civilization) to leave Communications Stations.
- Display of friendship and respect in making the (usually long) journey from the Hub to the native civilization.
- In the future, particularly if HG allows multiple bases on one character, they may be locations for Galactic Hub outposts in the form of player bases.
The names for embassies attempt to combine Galactic Hub naming conventions with local naming conventions.
Alpha Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Beta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Delta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Gamma Quadrant[edit | edit source]
Near Center[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Any images which don't require their own article (ie, fauna) and are not maps or navigational aids may be posted here.
Flyer/brochure for the El Lazo Lodge on HUB-V-158 Todoroki by AndyKrycek6
Flyer/advertisement for the Galactic Hub Cup by AndyKrycek6
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hub can be easily located using a Coordinate Plotting App and the Pilgrim Star Process or through natural discovery during gameplay.
- NMS Youtube creator JustJarrod Gaming released a video about The Galactic Hub Project on January 30, 2017
- Gaming journalism website Kotaku published an article on the Hub on March 9, 2017.
- German gaming journalism website Gamepro published a (largely inaccurate) article on the Hub on March 25, 2017. This article mentions odd practices that aren't known to actually occur, like selling the location of NMS gold deposits for real-world money.
- Red Bull published an article about aspects of the No Man's Sky meta-game, including the Hub, to the gaming journalism section of their website on March 31, 2017.
- The Galactic Hub's official flag & emblem were chosen on April 9, 2017, after a community vote (download).
- Hello Games reposted a Galactic Hub advertisement, "Why should you head to the Hub?" on May 22, 2017.
- A number of references to the Galactic Hub and Galactic Hub content can be found on Waking Titan, the No Man's Sky-related ARG website.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- reddit moderator 7101334 (16 March 2017). 'Changes to the Hub Tag: New Format HUBn-R-###'.