The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
Galactic Map is a feature.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Galactic Map is a feature in No Man's Sky universe where the player can explore and discover star systems across the vast universe. It is available when the player is in space in their starship and can be accessed by pressing // (PS4/PC/Xbox) or using the Freighter Warp Map on the freighter's bridge.
Visited systems are interconnected with faint grey lines and are marked with a white dot with a circle around it.
At the top of the Galactic Map screen there are two options available, Destination and Filter.
Destination[edit | edit source]
- Galactic Core
- Free Explore (no distance indicated)
- Custom Waypoint (N/A if none selected from the Discoveries list)
- Black Hole (N/A if none selected on the map)
- Atlas Station (N/A if The Atlas Path is completed)
- Current Mission (N/A if an open ended mission selected, like New Beginnings)
Filter[edit | edit source]
- No Filter (star systems have their designated color)
- Lifeform (system color code: red - Vy'keen, green - Gek, blue - Korvax, white - Uncharted or Abandoned)
- Conflict (requires Conflict Scanner to be installed, system color code: green - low, yellow - medium, red - high)
- Economy (requires Economy Scanner to be installed, system color code: green - Trading, purple - Advanced Materials, dark blue - Scientific, orange - Mining, yellow - Manufacturing, light blue - Technology, red - Power Generation)
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- On PC, when the player is focused on the system discovered by themselves, pressing + will allow the player jump to nearest discovered system by themselves. (27th August, 2016)