Guardians of the Atlas
|This page fills the role of Embassy for a Civilized Space community. The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.|
|Guardians of the Atlas|
|Founded by||DW, RidesTheTiger|
The Guardians of the Atlas are a civilized space community.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Our Mission and Duties[edit | edit source]
Our mission is to explore and document the core of the Euclid galaxy and understand the true nature of the Atlas.
As Guardians of the Atlas, we see it as our duty to serve and protect the Atlas. We believe that the core of the Atlas is located at the core of the galaxy and we strive to guard it by maintaining control over all Center Gateway Regions.
By exploring and documenting our discoveries to the Atlas Codex we upload our knowledge and memories to the Atlas and help it remember itself. This is done at designated Atlas Shrines located in systems with Atlas Interfaces.
Naming Guidelines[edit | edit source]
Members are encouraged to name discoveries according to the following guidelines. The guidelines are not mandatory and may or may not be followed by individual members.
Star Systems[edit | edit source]
The star systems are prefixed with the tag [ATL], after which comes the system's name and a unique identifier which is made up of the Star Region 3-letter code and the last 4 digits of the system coordinates (without zeroes). Each star region's 3-letter codes can be found here.
For example, a system with the coordinates A03B:2234:FF02:02FB in the Eakian Instability region would be named [ATL] SystemName EAK-2FB
Purpose of this is to differentiate discovered systems from undiscovered and to identify/find them later.
Planets/Moons[edit | edit source]
Planet names can be kept as they are or changed on own accord. (removal of numbers after the planet name or coming up with a different name)
Moon names should be prefixed with the name of the planet they orbit.
Center Gateway Regions[edit | edit source]
A center gateway region is any region with a star system from which it is possible to reach the center of the Galaxy.
From Gateway Systems:
"Gateway systems are special systems that can be found near the Galaxy Centre. The player can only jump into the centre from a gateway system, which requires a starship with a fully charged Hyperdrive.
Each galaxy has several gateway systems and these can be located on the Galactic Map by choosing the Galactic Core as the destination. The player will be directed to the nearest one on their path to the core."
Because of this, they are of special interest to the Guardians.
Landmarks[edit | edit source]
Because of their special attributes, the following star system types are considered landmarks of their respective Gateway Region and should be identified first:
- Center Gateway system - A gateway system is one from which it is possible to travel to the galaxy core using your starship hyperdrive. Construction project: Gateway outpost
- Prime system - The star system with 0001 coordinates within the region is considered the region's Prime star system. Construction project: Embassy
- Capital system - A system with 5-6 planets/moons, high economy, low conflict and containing at least one Lush planet/moon. Construction project: Capital city
- Atlas system - A system with an Atlas Interface in it.. Ending coordinates are always 007A. Construction project: Atlas Shrine
- Black Hole system - A system with coordinates 0079 within the region always has a Black Hole in it. These are used for fast travel between the Center Gateway systems and should be documented to the BlackHoleSuns project. Construction project: Science outpost
- Industrial system - A systems with only 1 planet and high economy is an industrial system. Construction project: Resource specific farm/factory
- Gaia system - A system with 2 Lush planets/moons in it. Construction project: Base/Outpost
- Abandoned systems - A system with no space station or abandoned space station
Identified Gateway Regions[edit | edit source]
In this section can be found all the Euclid Gateway Systems identified by the GotA, their coordinates and their 3-letter code..
|Region Name||3-letter Code||Coordinates||Guarded by||Capital System||Description|
|Eakian Instability||EAK||0804:0084:07FB||Uncharted||First region settled by the GotA, currently under full control and serves as the Capital Hub Region|
Membership[edit | edit source]
After that, you should also join the AtlasCodex Discord and go to the #Roles channel where you can mark yourself as member of the Hub. This will give you access to the Hub Discord channel.
Currently Active Members[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|28.08.2019||First Council of the Guardians|
|10.09.2019||Started search for a capital home system within Eakian Instability region|