|Used for growing indoor crops|
|Power usage||5 kPs|
Hydroponic Tray is an item used in indoor farming.
Summary[edit | edit source]
This item provides a growing platform for indoor farming in a base or on a freighter. It is a required item for those plants that can only be grown indoors.
Game description[edit | edit source]
A self-contained growth system for the indoor cultivation of agricultural crops. Build requirement: must be placed indoors.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Dismantle[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- When building a tray, red arrows will be displayed on the floor of the room indicating acceptable locations for the tray. These can be touchy, and there are certain locations where a tray cannot be placed, even though there is no apparent reason why not. This is most likely a bug.
- In certain circumstances, a tray will disappear from its location, leaving the plants it contains suspended in mid-air. This is also a software bug.
- You can build Hydroponic Tray (or the large version) outdoors as long as there is a floor under it.
- Hydroponic Tray is powered by the general base power, or freighter if it is placed there.
- Power consumption is 5kP
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinder - Added as base building product.
- Atlas Rises - Trays now require charging with isotopes to grow the crops, and over time these will lose charge, requiring more isotopes. This mechanic was bugged, causing warping, teleporting, and reloading saves to exhaust random amounts of fuel (random for each tray built) without growing the plants.
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Iron and Zinc.
- NEXT 1.64 - Fixed an issue where players could fail to be given the blueprints for Hydroponic Trays.
- Beyond - It no longer requires Carbon to operate, but it needs to be powered.
- Beyond 2.09.1 - Fixed a number of issues that prevented hydroponic trays from working with base power.