Ictaloris is a genus.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Ictaloris is a genus of fauna in No Man's Sky. Generally referred to as fish (the term used by the game code), worms, or similar terms, depending on their physical appearance. Ictaloris species are found exclusively underwater, and are never predatory. Although they may be found at any depth of water, they will sometimes have issues spawning in very shallow pools, either not spawning at all or exhibiting glitchy behaviour.
Major Variants & Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Ictaloris have two major variants, with a wide variety of diversity within each subgroup.
Fish-like Variant[edit | edit source]
- Generally propel themselves by wavelike movements of the fish's body and tail, and in some species, movement of the fins.
- Most species have visible fins on their sides, ranging in size from small pectoral/pelvic fins to large Manta ray-like fins.
- Most species have two eyes and a mouth.
- Many species have visible scales on part or all of their body.
Worm-like Variant[edit | edit source]
- Propel themselves with wavelike movements of the body, similar to fish-like variants, particularly "longer" fish.
- Long, worm-or-snake-like bodies, usually segmented in a way similar to a centipede.
- Often exhibit protrusions from anterior and posterior ends of the body, generally colored differently than the segmented portions. Seem to have a more soft/gelatinous appearance.
- Usually no visible eyes, sometimes one large eye.
[edit | edit source]
- Almost always found in large schools (10+) of the same species.
- Usually less active during the night.