The Korvax are a sentient species.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Korvax are one of the sentient species in the No Man's Sky universe, along with the Gek and Vy'keen. They are a highly intellectual mechanical species that always want to know more about their own existence, everything in the universe, and science. While native in a distant galaxy, the Korvax had maintained several systems in Euclid for research purposes within the Edge and Outer Edge until First Spawn Gek nearly eradicated the Korvax population from the Euclid galaxy.
In-game description[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Korvax often stand straight with a slight curve of their upper torso. While they're essentially robotic, they do have their vertebrae exposed and curved on the back of their suit with wires connected into their buttocks. The variation of helmets indicates their job and status within Korvax Convergence, and they are always shown using a touchscreen device.
Head Variations[edit | edit source]
This race have a wide variety of helmet-like heads depending on their job and status within the Korvax Convergence.
- Astronaut helmet ones are the Code Entities, Interface Entities, Operations Entity and Technician Entity
- Analytic Visor ones are the Analyst Entities, Mathematician Entities and Physicist Entities
- Oval helmet with a red chip on left side ones are the Geologist Entities, Scholar Entities, Divine Entities and other variations of Entities.
Culture[edit | edit source]
The Korvax worship and venerate the Atlas, which makes contacting their priests a considerable boon for players searching for Atlas-related phenomena, ranging from Atlas technology, to Atlas Interfaces, to even locating black holes that will bring one closer to the centre of the galaxies. Korvax commonly share their memories and discoveries with one another by uploading them onto special platinum cubes that are slotted into each other's brains to copy their contents.
When a Korvax is dying, they will initiate the fading process, release their intellectual form into Korvax Echos, and a new entity will immediately be generated right after the old one has faded. If the casing is damaged, the shell is often recycled and crafted by another Korvax into a brand new one. For those that are far from any other Korvax entities, the casing will be left behind and decay. The leftover is known as a Korvax Casing, which is quite valuable as a curiosity for all of the races due to their advanced bionic nature. It is rumored that Korvax Convergence Cubes are the physical memory form of the Korvax Intellectual Form.
Language[edit | edit source]
Korvax language consists of a considerable amount of nodding and analytical actions and sentences which include many references to Korvax Echos and their society Korvax Convergence.
Should players discover new words and wish to contribute to this wiki please visit Korvax (language research) to fill in the blanks.
Titles[edit | edit source]
The Korvax each possess a title indicating their status within their society's hierarchy. Known titles include:
- Analyst Entity
- Chemist Entity
- Code Entity
- Convergence Entity
- Divine Atlas Entity
- Engineering Entity
- Geologist Entity
- Interface Entity
- Mathematician Entity
- Operations Entity
- Physicist Entity
- Priest Entity
- Research Entity
- Scholar Entity
- Technician Entity
Lore[edit | edit source]
Monoliths[edit | edit source]
The Korvax Monoliths are known for experimenting on players by giving tests like tiny metal spiders crawling all over the skin. There's often only two options like 'wait it out' or 'accept it'. In return for successfully passing experiments, the monolith will reward the player with a Theta Blueprint, sometimes even a Warp Cell.
Plaques[edit | edit source]
The Korvax plaques often transcribes Korvax Primes research progress and how they wonder about the purpose of their creation. Oftentimes their plaques will tell a little bit of the lore from their point of view.
Ruins[edit | edit source]
Korvax ruins contain valuable information about The Great Disconnection and how Korvax Echos partially made the Korvax into who they are. In addition, Korvax Convergence is another term mentioned many times.
Reputation[edit | edit source]
The player can gain reputation with successful interactions with the Korvax, helping to resolve difficult equations, accepting various tissue donation for research purposes, and pretending to be a lesser, nonintellectual being than the Korvax to encourage them in finding a higher intellectual being other than themselves.
Reputation ranks with the Korvax include, from low to high:
- Player can request to learn new words from Korvax (requires 10 units of Heridium to initiate conversation)
- Test Subject
- Unlocks Shield Recharge from Korvax
- Point of Interest
- Unlocks Healing from Korvax
- Research Focus
- Player can now request repair/gift from Korvax
- Allows player to gain fuel (Carbon) from Korvax
- Trial Candidate
- Significance (40)
- Saviour (60)
- Traveller of the Atlas (100)
Notable Individuals[edit | edit source]
- Nada - a researcher Priest and a resident of the Space Anomaly.
- Scientist - a hireable technology specialist.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, Korvax can be encountered masquerading as other species in elaborate disguises. A Korvax disguised as a Gek is known as a SynthGek.
- They are the inventors of the Bypass Chip, a useful device for hacking various encrypted panels throughout the universe.
- Extremely rarely a Korvax will display a coded message displayed in binary (I found mine on PS4; after translating the code it read ATLAS ). Unconfirmed if they have other messages.