|The subject of this article is from the Abyss update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November 2018.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November, 2018.
Larval Core is a curiosity.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
A pulsating jellied orb, this gooey sphere is warm to the touch. Its stench triggers a primal fear in mortal beings, a deep-seated gnawing that begs you to drop it and flee.
Warning[edit | edit source]
Destroying a Whispering Egg will spawn a large number of immediately hostile Biological Horrors from the ground surrounding the egg.
Please refer to the creature page for further tactical information.
Harvesting[edit | edit source]
There are several ways to harvest Larval Cores.
- Team up with a partner, and have one member of the party use starship weapons to destroy the eggs. No Horrors will spawn.
- Claim a base near the nests, then construct walls around one nest. Break a different egg's nest, and rush back to your walled nest. The walled nest is now safe for harvesting, as no Horrors can enter, and none will spawn inside.
- Use a Terrain Manipulator to tunnel underneath the nest. The eggs will fall into the tunnel, and the Horrors do not follow.
- Set the Terrain Manipulator to create mode, Set it to generate a large square rock, and then enclose yourself and the eggs in a very small completely enclosed rock room (close the roof!). The aliens spawn a few feet away, so when you open the eggs they can not get to you and you can harvest all of them freely, wait for the aliens to de-spawn and then break out using the destroy mode of the manipulator.
- Since Whispering Eggs spawn around Abandoned Buildings, it is possible to harvest one and run inside the building for safety and wait until the swarm has subsided.
- Alternatively, after breaking an egg, harvest the core immediately and use the jetpack to escape to the roof and wait until the swarm subsides, then repeat the operation.
Refining[edit | edit source]
Larval Core is used as an ingredient for refining the following products:
- - ( x1) (refines to x50 with 0.6 sec/unit output, process "NOT RECOMMENDED)
Additional information[edit | edit source]
It is worth 61,750 units and can be a valuable resource to those starting early in the game.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - Added as a curiosity.