|The subject of this article is from the Abyss update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November 2018.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November, 2018.
Larval Core is a curiosity.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
A pulsating jellied orb, this gooey sphere is warm to the touch. Its stench triggers a primal fear in mortal beings, a deep-seated gnawing that begs you to drop it and flee.
Warning[edit | edit source]
Destroying a Whispering Egg will spawn a large number of immediately hostile Biological Horrors from the ground surrounding the egg.
Please refer to the creature page for further tactical information.
Harvesting[edit | edit source]
There are several ways to harvest Larval Cores.
- Team up with a partner, and have one member of the party use starship weapons to destroy the eggs. No Horrors will spawn.
- Claim a base near the nests, then construct walls around one nest. Break a different egg's nest, and rush back to your walled nest. The walled nest is now safe for harvesting, as no Horrors can enter, and none will spawn inside.
- Use a Terrain Manipulator to tunnel underneath the nest. The eggs will fall into the tunnel, and the Horrors do not follow.
- Set the Terrain Manipulator to create mode, Set it to generate a large square rock, and then enclose yourself and the eggs in a very small completely enclosed rock room (close the roof!). The Horrors spawn a few feet away, so when you open the eggs they can not get to you and you can harvest all of them freely, wait for the Horrors to de-spawn and then break out using the destroy mode of the manipulator.
- Since Whispering Eggs spawn around Abandoned Buildings, it is possible to harvest one and run inside the building for safety and wait until the swarm has subsided.
- Alternatively, park your exocraft next to the eggs, crack them open and quickly gather the core and get into your exocraft. Horrors will start attacking your vehicle but won't cause any harm to it. Beware of sentinels because every time Horrors touch your vehicle, they'll die and sentinels will be aware of that.
Refining[edit | edit source]
Larval Core is used as an ingredient for refining the following products:
- - ( x1) (refines to x50 with 0.6 sec/unit output, process "NOT RECOMMENDED)
Additional information[edit | edit source]
It is worth 61,750 units and can be a valuable resource to those starting early in the game.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - Added as a curiosity.