The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
Larval Core is a curiosity.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
A pulsating jellied orb, this gooey sphere is warm to the touch. Its stench triggers a primal fear in mortal beings, a deep-seated gnawing that begs you to drop it and flee.
Warning[edit | edit source]
Destroying a Whispering Egg will spawn a large number of immediately hostile Biological Horrors from the ground surrounding the egg. Please refer to the creature page for further tactical information.
Harvesting[edit | edit source]
There are several ways to harvest Larval Cores:
- The player can team up with another player and have one member of the party use starship weapons to destroy the Whispering Eggs. This way no Biological Horrors will spawn.
- The player can claim a base near the nests, then construct walls around a nest. After breaking a different Whispering Egg's nest, and rush back to the walled nest. The walled nest is now safe for harvesting, as no Biological Horrors can enter, and none will spawn inside.
- The player can use a Terrain Manipulator to tunnel underneath the nest. This way the Whispering Eggs will fall into the tunnel, and the Biological Horrors do not follow.
- The player can set the Terrain Manipulator to create mode, set it to generate a large square rock, and then enclose themselves and the Whispering Eggs in a very small completely enclosed rock room. The Biological Horrors spawn a few feet away outside the player's reach, so the Whispering Eggs can be harvested freely. After a while the Biological Horrors subside and the player can break out using the destroy mode of the Terrain Manipulator.
- Since Whispering Eggs spawn around Abandoned Buildings, it is possible to harvest one and run inside the building for safety and wait until the swarm has subsided. Using the Jetpack to boost on top of the Abandoned Building will also work, but the projectile attacks of the Biological Horrors need to be dodged. The player should be aware which section of the building they stand on, as the Tentacle Plant can attack them from inside the building.
- An accelerated but much more risky version of the above strategy is to stand on top of the building, break the egg, then jump down, grab the egg, and quickly boost back to the roof of the building, then repeating until there are no eggs left. There is a small chance the player can get rammed, so the player should be sure to have decent shield upgrades before using the tactic.
- The player can park the exocraft next to the Whispering Eggs, harvest them and quickly gather the Larval Cores, then get back into the exocraft. Biological Horrors will start attacking the exocraft but they won't cause any harm to it. Beware of sentinels because every time Biological Horrors touch the exocraft, they will die and the sentinels will take notice of that.
Refining[edit | edit source]
Larval Core is used as an ingredient for refining the following products:
- - ( x1) (refines to x50 with 0.6 sec/unit output, process "NOT RECOMMENDED)
Additional information[edit | edit source]
It is worth 61,750 units and can be a valuable resource to those starting early in the game.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - Added as a curiosity.