The information from this article is up-to-date as of 24 July, 2018.
|This article is a stub. You can help No Man's Sky Wiki by .|
|Category||Multi-tool - Weapons|
|Type||Mineral Extraction Laser|
|Recharged with||Carbon, Condensed Carbon, Phosphorus|
|This article is about the NEXT version of the Mining Beam. For the Atlas Rises version, see Mining Beam (Atlas).|
Mining Beam is a core component of the multi-tool.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Mining Beam is the default weapon installed on the multi-tool and it is an essential accessory used to expose and capture elements within planetary rock formations and vegetation. If not used carefully, the Mining Beam may result in sentinel scrutiny and aggression.
Game description[edit | edit source]
Multi-Tool Mining Beam powered by Carbon-based Elements. Fire the beam with [Left Mouse Button].
Installs focusing optics within the Multi-Tool, allowing it to emit a high-energy beam. The beam is calibrated to excite molecules within common organic or geological objects, allowing it to operate as a highly effective mining device.
WARNING: Destruction of flora, fauna or minerals may attract Sentinel attention.
Craft[edit | edit source]
Mining Beam cannot be dismantled.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Recharge[edit | edit source]
This directed laser mining tool can be charged using the following resources:
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Minerals and flora being mined by this weapon, in addition to granting resources upon their destruction, grant 2 units (1 unit in Survival and Permadeath Game modes) of their primary resource on each mining tick.
- Though it has a listed base Damage Potential of 333.3, it deals greatly reduced damage to fauna, sentinels and other players and it is unable to damage the reinforced doors of Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres.
- When adding upgrades for the Mining Beam, placing them next to each other or Mining Beam in the multi-tool inventory will trigger upgrade bonuses, increasing their bonuses above listed values.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Original game technology.
- NEXT - Recharge materials changed. Formerly recharged by Thamium9, Plutonium, Power Gel, Power Canister and Power Reservoir. Plasma Resonator and procedurally generated Mining Beam Upgrades added.