|The subject of this article is from the ExoMech update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 10 June, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 10 June, 2020.
Mods is a page on Game Modding.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The PC version of No Man's Sky can be modded to change features, and add in game assets.
Installing Mods[edit | edit source]
Follow these steps to install mods.
- Browse to No Man's Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS.
- Delete the DISABLEMODS.TXT file (or rename it to a random name, e.g. _DISABLEMODS.TXT).
- Create a folder named MODS.
- Place mod .pak files into the MODS folder (they have to be in the folder itself and not in any subfolder).
- Start the game and wait for the splash screen to disappear.
- If done correctly the game will display a warning just before displaying the selection of saved games.
- The warning will be the same as the one in the screen shot shown above.
Load Order[edit | edit source]
No Man's Sky does not have configurable load order to decide which mod will load after another. It relies on some sort of alphabetical order: when more than one mods modify the same files, the mod that load last wins.
Files that started with these characters will be sorted with this order.
So, for example, a mod named:
==UserInterfaceOverhaul.pakwill load after
baseBuildingImprovements.pakwill load after
zzzzWeatherOverhaul.pakwill load after
__spacecombatoverhaul.pakwill load after all these.
Mod Download Sites[edit | edit source]
- No Man's Sky Modding Wiki
- No Man's Sky Modding Subreddit
- No Man's Sky at Nexus Mods
- No Man's Sky Mods