The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
Biological Horror is a creature.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Biological Horror is a creature, more specifically classified as a Burrowing Monstrosity.
Their Whispering Eggs can also be found around dead worlds, lying around the surface without nests, in fact they are the only creatures that can be encountered on dead worlds.
Warning[edit | edit source]
Destroying a Whispering Egg will drop a valuable Larval Core which if not picked up, will disappear in a few seconds.
At the same time, multiple Biological Horrors spawn, and if killed they will respawn until the player reaches a safe place, like entering a building. After a set amount of time they will retreat.
They can deal large amounts of damage, leap at you and launch you into the air.
As of NEXT 1.60, they received a spitting attack besides their melee one.
Bug (NEXT): Sometimes Biological Horrors forget to use their spitting attack when the player is outside melee range, but still in attack range (for example the top of the building). Please report this bug here.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The creature cannot be scanned, instead a panel shows up immediately with minimal information (see screenshot below).
- When taking a mission about killing a certain number of Monstrosities, this creature is classified as one.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - This creature was added.
- NEXT 1.55 - The critical hit zone of Biological Horror is reduced.
- NEXT 1.57 - Combat music now triggers when fighting Biological Horror and its damage is slightly increased.
- NEXT 1.60 - New attack behaviour was added.
- Abyss 1.70 - Fixed an issue where Biological Horrors could become non-hostile after attacking an exocraft.
- Abyss 1.71 - Fixed an issue with Biological Horror in Permadeath mode.