|Resource type||Element - Exotic|
Nanite Clusters are an alternative form of currency within the No Man's Sky universe.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Nanite clusters are a secondary currency in No Man's Sky, with Units being the primary.
Game Description[edit | edit source]
A dense miasma of nanites, undulating in its potentiality. Used in the construction of advanced technologies. Highly valuable to specialist traders.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Mainly used to purchase blueprints from vendors in space stations.
- Payment during certain NPC missions.
- Specific crafting.
- Payment to Travellers for information including the location of Traveller Graves.
Inventory storage[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
Nanite clusters can be acquired by:
- Searching abandoned shelters on planets.
- Feeding certain animals, which will lead you to a buried object that yields them.
- Searching Damaged Machinery.
- Destroying Sentinels.
- Destroying certain types Freighter cargo containers. For some reason it says the type is Exotic.
- Trading Gek Relics, Korvax Casings, and Vy'keen Effigies to the respective race.
- Reward for completing missions.
- Can be found in storage containers while exploring Crashed Freighters.
Lore[edit | edit source]
In the storyline quest Patterns in Time, the Explorers Guild's representative, a Korvax, uses Nanite Cluster manipulation to reveal to the player glimpses of their race's past. They suggest that these Clusters come from Sentinel casings.
Later in the same quest, the Merchants Guild's representative, a Gek, uses their pheromones to reveal to the player the truth behind the fall of the First Spawn. The enslaved Korvax entities sacrificed themselves in the spawning pools of Balaron and used the Nanite Clusters from their bodies to rewrite the biology of the Gek. This led to the downfall of the First Spawn Empire.
The Travellers often utilize and manipulate Nanite Clusters.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
- Nanite Clusters were introduced as a new currency in The Pathfinder Update.
- They cannot be purchased or sold. (They can however be sold to Travellers you find on your travels via dialogue option.)