Nanite Cluster is a resource and an alternative form of currency.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game Description[edit | edit source]
A dense miasma of Nanites, undulating in its potentiality. These clusters are stable, but unrestricted nanite foam can produce undesirable runaway reactions in the presence of organic matter.
Used in the construction of advanced technologies. Highly valuable to specialist traders.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Purchase blueprints from Blueprint Traders and Upgrade Modules from Technology Merchants.
- Upgrade starships to higher class
- Payment to Travellers for information including the location of Traveller Graves.
Source[edit | edit source]
Nanite Cluster can be acquired by:
- Searching abandoned shelters on planets.
- Uploading Discoveries
- Discovering all creatures on a planet and claiming the rewarded nanites.
- Feeding certain animals, which will lead you to a buried object that yields them.
- Searching Damaged Machinery.
- Destroying Sentinels.
- Destroying Freighter cargo containers with no resource tag..
- Reward for completing missions.
- Can be found in storage containers while exploring Crashed Freighters.
- Selling Upgrade Modules to Technology Merchants.
- From certain Space Encounters.
- Through multiple steps of refining, Residual Goop can be converted to Viscous Fluids, to Living Slime, to Runaway Mould and then to Nanite Cluster.
- Payment during certain NPC missions.
- x5 → x1 ("Recycle Waste Materials", 1.5 sec./unit output)
- x35 → x1 ("Reality Warping", 0.6 sec./unit output)
- x25 + x15 + x15 → x1 ("Transmutation", 0.9 sec./unit output)
- x1 + x1 → x1 ("Alchemical Construction", 0.5 sec./unit output)
- x25 → x1 ("Reality Filtering", 0.7 sec./unit output)
- x1 → x50 ("NOT RECOMMENDED", 0.6 sec./unit output)
- x1 → x50 ("Doom Cycling", 0.6 sec./unit output)
- x1 → x15 ("Nanite Extraction", 1.0 sec./unit output)
Lore[edit | edit source]
In the storyline quest Patterns in Time, the Explorers Guild's representative, a Korvax, uses Nanite Cluster manipulation to reveal to the player glimpses of their race's past. They suggest that these clusters come from Sentinel casings.
Later in the same quest, the Merchants Guild's representative, a Gek, uses their pheromones to reveal to the player the truth behind the fall of the First Spawn. The enslaved Korvax entities sacrificed themselves in the spawning pools of Balaron and used the Nanite Clusters from their bodies to rewrite the biology of the Gek. This led to the downfall of the First Spawn Empire.
The Travellers often utilize and manipulate Nanite Clusters.
Acquisition Tips[edit | edit source]
Salvaging spaceships[edit | edit source]
A decent way of converting units to Nanite Clusters is to purchase Starships at Space stations and scrapping them. It is recommended to be in a high-wealth system for better class ships and to have at least 200m units before starting. This will allow you to go for hours without restocking units, however this can be done efficiently with as little as 75m units,
Start by buying any ship in the Space Station, smaller ships and ships with few inventory slots, like shuttles, can be magnitudes cheaper than larger ships like haulers, Currently, there seems to be no benefit in choosing the larger ships other than convenience. Next, go to the large orange interface displaying the ship you just bought near the character customizer.
Confirm that you would like to scrap the ship along with its contents. This operation yields a minimum of one (1) and a maximum (unconfirmed) of four (4) upgrade modules, with the module grade matching the grade of the salvaged ship. These modules will have random sell values from 30-600 Nanites each, depending on class. . They function identically to the ones bought at the Technology Merchants so it's recommended to trade them instead of installing,
In addition about 75% of of your units are recovered in sellable items, However it is not recommended to dump your scrapped material in the same system economy twice, as prices for your bulk items will be reduced by as much as -80%
This method can get you upwards of 30,000 Nanites/hr, making it a strong contender for the best method in the game for acquiring Nanites
Salvaging higher grade ships also gives a higher chance of receiving a Storage Augmentation module.
Refining Salvage Data[edit | edit source]
Salvaged Data is in Buried Technology, found on most planets and most often near Broken Machinery.. 1-4 Salvage data is received from each Buried Technology. A Salvage Data can be refined into 15 Nanite Clusters each as well as used to unlock certain technology, making this an extremely fast and safe way to progress through the early game while gathering a reasonable amount of nanites,
This method is capable of at least 1000 Nanite Clusters an hour without proper jetpack upgrades.
Discovering all creatures on a planet or moon[edit | edit source]
While discovering all creatures on an astral body can yield up to 500 nanite clusters, it can take many hours, especially when creatures are underground or underwater.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinder - Introduced as a resource, which can be used as a currency.
- NEXT - Value changed, previously it was worth 137.5 each. It can be refined. After refinement the resource type Naninte Cluster no longer takes up inventory slots and converted immediately to its currency type. It cannot be purchased or sold. Classified as Raw Material according to the in-game guide.
- Visions - Hidden changes: The information panel has an additional icon indicating its purpose.
- Beyond - Hidden changes: Value is removed from the information panel. Conversion for Platinum > Nanite Clusters changed from 5>1 to 35>1.
Gallery[edit | edit source]