No Man's Sky
|This article is a stub. You can help No Man's Sky Wiki by .|
No Man's Sky, previously codenamed Project Skyscraper, is a procedural science fiction game developed by English developer Hello Games out of Guildford, UK. Hello Games is best known for their Joe Danger series, and is bringing their unique development style to No Man's Sky. The game will feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, predators and prey, and much more across various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world will have its own ecosystems, rewards, and dangers, leading the player through the four core pillars of the game: Explore, Fight, Trade, and Survive.
It was released in North America on 9 August 2016 and in Europe on 10 August for PS4 and on 12 August for the PC community.
Features[edit | edit source]
- 18 Quintillion planets - The game universe contains 2^64 (18.446.744.073.709.551.616) planets (18 quintillion in US terms, 18 trillion in UK terms), each one unique and unexplored.
- Nearly infinite play time - Having 18 quintillion planets, players would need five billion years to explore every planet, if they stay for one second on each planet.
- A truly open universe - If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- Exploration is seeing things that no-one else has ever seen before - Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- Survive on a dangerous frontier - You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- Build for an epic journey - Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- 65daysofstatic soundtrack - Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man's Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.
- A shared universe - Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
System requirements[edit | edit source]
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870
- Storage: 10 GB available space
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2017 Game Developers Choice Award for Innovation
References[edit | edit source]
- Creating No Man's Sky's Infinite Soundtrack on YouTube
- Making Sense of No Man's Sky's Massive Universe ( -
- No Man's Sky Players Would Need 5 Billion Years to Explore Every Planet for 1 Second () - Retrieved 11 July 2016.