No Mans Sky Wiki:Explained - Creating Pages
This page contains instructions for using the default wiki templates.
This wiki contains a number of pre-built templates that make it much easier to create standard wiki pages. It will save having to type in all the headers and sections yourself.
Page types[edit source]
The following page types are available:
- Civilized Space
- Star System
There are also templates for creating specific Category pages:
- Planet Category
- Moon Category
- Region Category
- Star System Category
- Civilized Space Category
How to use[edit source]
If you want to use one of the templates (and we recommend you do), follow these steps. For sake of example, let's call our new page MyNewPage:
- in the search bar, key in the name of the page you want to create, exactly as you want it to appear, then search for the page
- the search results will show you pages similar to the text you searched for
- if the page does NOT exist, you will see the phrase Create the page "MyNewPage" on this wiki! with your page name as a red link (see pic on right)
- click on the red link
- this will take you to a page called Creating MyNewPage that contains a number of blue links, one for each of the page types mentioned above (see pic on right)
- click the link that matches the page type you want to create
- scroll down the page and you'll see a standard editing window, already populated with the proper framework.
- fill out the page with your information and save
NOTE: If you don't have data for a particular section, leave the section header in place. The headers provide a standard look-and-feel framework for our pages. If you want to go back later and add information, then the structure will still be there.
Infobox information[edit source]
If you aren't sure what values to use in a page's infobox, review the appropriate documentation page. Here are links to some of the more common types:
Additional information[edit source]
If you have questions, leave a note on the talk page.