|This article is about the Beyond version of the Phase Beam. For the Atlas Rises version, see Phase Beam (Atlas).|
|Category||Starship - Weapons|
|Type||Spacecraft Laser Device|
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
Spacefaring beam weapon and asteroid mining tool.
User is advised that organic elements are required to recharge device.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Combat Properties[edit | edit source]
Phase Beam has an unusually long range for a starship weapon, having the ability to hit targets from up to 3000 distance units (3000u) away (for reference, fugitive pirate ships will attack the player if they get within 1500u). By default, the weapon deals damage over time to targets at a tick rate of 5 damage ticks per second, overheating after 1 second of continuous fire. Upon overheating, Phase Beam takes 2 seconds by default to recover from overheating.
Phase Beam deals 180 base damage per tick (pairs of ticks are visually combined to display 360 base damage per 0.4 seconds) to the following targets: fauna, starships, Space Fleets, and destructible obstacles such as Reinforced Doors (Manufacturing Facilities and Operations Centres). Against starships in particular, the starship weapon does not deal any bonus damage to the rear (that is, it deals 1x damage to the rear).
Phase Beam deals 36 base damage per tick (pairs of ticks are visually combined to display 72 base damage per 0.4 seconds) to all planetary Sentinels.
Mining Properties[edit | edit source]
Pre-order bonus[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The Phase Beam was featured in various pre-release trailers for No Man's Sky, including the PS4 Explore trailer (see below).
- Phase Beam is one of two starship weapons used by NPC starships (the other one being Photon Cannon).
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Added as a weapon.
- NEXT - Fourier De-Limiter and procedurally generated Phase Beam Upgrades added, while Sigma/Tau/Theta upgrades removed. Blueprint changed, formerly used Thamium9, Heridium and Iron. Recharging mechanism removed, previously isotope elements or any Power products used for recharging.
- Beyond - Blueprint changed, Technology Module was renamed to Wiring Loom.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Historical[edit | edit source]
Old (pre-pathfinder update) style ingame icon