The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
A Refiner is technology used for converting one resource into another.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Certain advanced materials can only be crafted in a Refiner, of which there are three sizes.
Refined materials are more condensed or more powerful and efficient than raw materials. The advantage of refined materials is that you can carry more of them. Also you need fewer refined materials to recharge something. The disadvantage is that refining takes time and possibly fuel.
You can take out refined materials before all are processed. You can also stop the refining process or adjust the output number to meet your requirements. Though output number can go up to 1023, the output slot can only hold one standard Exosuit stack at a time (250x for resources, 5x for products) --- the refining process will automatically pause if the refiner detects that its output slot is full.
Refiner types[edit | edit source]
There are three sizes of refiners with different properties.
- Portable Refiner - can refine one item into another (for example, Ferrite Dust into Pure Ferrite). It can be easily picked up (occupying 1x inventory space) and deployed again elsewhere; this means you don't need to carry its building materials. Must be fueled to operate.
- Medium Refiner - can refine two items into another (for example, Pyrite and Oxygen into Cactus Flesh). It can also be used to reduce complex materials into simpler ones (example: Carbon Crystal into 150 Condensed Carbon). Requires no fuel as it is attached to a base or freighter power supply.
- Large Refiner - can refine three items into another (for example, Pure Ferrite, Sodium Nitrate, and Silver can be combined to produce an Advanced Ion Battery). Requires no fuel as it is attached to a base or freighter power supply.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
A comprehensive spreadsheet of all recipes can be found here (created by Ket).
Mobile apps to browse recipes are available:
- Note: A number of recipes are currently bugged (e.g. refiners display incorrect time or output).
- *Note: Three Material Chromatic Metal recipes are working again.
Not transferred to pages yet:[edit | edit source]
- Marrow Bulb + Sodium Nitrate → 2 Sodium Nitrate
- Marrow Bulb + Sodium → 2 Sodium Nitrate
- Marrow Bulb + Condensed Carbon → 2 Sodium Nitrate
- Marrow Bulb + Carbon → 2 Sodium Nitrate
- Di-hydrogen + Rusted Metal (catalyst) → Deuterium
- Emeril + Ferrite Dust → 4 Chromatic Metal
- 2 Gamma root + Salt → Uranium
- 25 Chlorine + 10 Silver + 20 Ammonia → Dirty Bronze
- 25 Chlorine + 5 Gold or Platinum + 20 Ammonia → herox
- 25 Chlorine + 5 Gold + 20 Dioxite → Granitine
- 25 Chlorine + Platinum + 20 Paraffnium → Granitine
- 50 Ionized Cobalt + (any) + (any) → Tetra Cobalt
- 100 Sulphurine + 5 Chlorine + 20 Carbon → Thermic Condensate
- 20 Carbon + 10 Salt + 100 Sulphurine → Thermic Condensate
- 20 Carbon + 10 Salt + 100 Nitrogen → Enriched Carbon
- Residual Goop → Viscous Fluids → Living Slime → RunaWay Mold
- Sulphurine + Pure Ferrite → 2 Paraffinium (Loosen Bonds)
- Sulphurine + Magnetised Ferrite → 3 Paraffinium (Loosen Bonds)
- 10 Di-hydrogen + 10 Magnetised Ferrite + 5 Sodium Nitrate → Starship Launch Fuel
- 1 Ferrite Dust + 1 Carbon → 1 Magnetised Ferrite (Carbonize Metal)
- 1 Ferrite Dust + 1 Condensed Carbon → 2 Magnetised Ferrite (Carbonize Metal)
- 1 Pure Ferrite + 1 Carbon → 2 Magnetised Ferrite (Carbonize Metal)
- 1 Pyrite + 1 Sulphurine → Cactus Flesh
- 1 Crystal Sulfide → 50 Sodium Nitrate (Sulphur Release)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Single-name ingredients can often be refined into a double-name ingredient.
- Refined materials can also be refined.
- A ratio of 2:1 means the output will be half as much as the input (2 in, 1 out).
- Multiple refiners can be used at the same time.
- Alloy recipes require catalysts, or fillers. For example, Rare Metal Element can be crafted with 25 Magnetised Ferrite and two other catalysts, such as Copper and Ferrite Dust. Otherwise Pure Ferrite will be the result.
- The arrow buttons increase or decrease the target total of the operation.
- The displayed amount of time for the refining action is often incorrect.
- When using the Large Refiner to quadruple (x4) Cadmium, Emeril, or Indium output using Chromatic Metal, add Chromatic Metal first, then add the Cadmium, Emeril, or Indium to receive 1:4 output (1 in, 4 out).
Release history[edit | edit source]
- NEXT - This item was added as new technology.