Sebaddo Utsus (Abyss)
|The subject of this article is from the Abyss update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November, 2018.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November, 2018.
|Biome||Lush - Paradise|
|Resources||AP Sb Co Pf Cd Ks N|
Sebaddo Utsus is a planet.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Planet Information
- 3 Geology
- 4 Underwater
- 5 Atmosphere and Climate
- 6 Things to Do
- 7 Life
- 8 Base
- 9 Lore
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Planet Screenshots
- 12 Video
- 13 Navigator
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sebaddo Utsus is a large ringed lush planet in the star system Olmasa-Naz on PC Version No Man's Sky universe. It has red grass, blue oceans and trees having orange and blue colors. Its terrain archetype is craters.
It is an absolutely beautiful hidden paradise tucked away in an uncharted system. Life here is so relaxed and idyllic, even the Sentinels are chilling in Survival and Permadeath Modes. Its location, spectacular rings, geological features, relaxed nature and varied climate all contribute to a planet brimming with character most other lush planets can't emulate.
Though the planet was discovered in the NEXT update, most of the discoveries here still apply to the Abyss update.
Planet Information[edit | edit source]
Alias names[edit | edit source]
Geology[edit | edit source]
Sebaddo Utsus is a continental lush planet, having sizeable landmasses separated by vast oceans. The continents are water-logged, having many lakes and winding rivers. Some lakes can be deep enough for Kelp Sac to grow.
Lofty peaks tower over the rolling plains, occasionally forming mountain ranges and valleys. Some of the mountains resemble volcanoes. Some are buttes, having a relatively flat area of land on the top. They're excellent spots for building homes with epic views. Below the mountains are rolling plains and small hills covered in red grass and sprawling forests. When land meets sea, there are pristine beaches that are just perfect for relaxing, sunbathing and swimming.
Caves, usually a primary source of Cobalt, seem to be somewhat of a rarity here. Fortunately, the many Cobalt deposits make up for that. Unfortunately, resource exploitation and terrain manipulation are strictly forbidden here, as preservation of its beauty and impeccable character is of the highest order.
The large amount of craters scattered throughout the land implies that in the past, the planet was either bombarded by space objects or has hyperactive volcanic activity. Some of the mountain ranges even resemble massive craters, as if a huge asteroid struck. It could also be a massive caldera. The constant bombardment may have formed the planet's rings.
Underwater[edit | edit source]
Under construction. Can get deep and rugged. Abyssal Horrors are sparse. Not too rich on Cyto-Phosphate.
Atmosphere and Climate[edit | edit source]
Sebaddo Utsus is located just outside the star's habitable zone. This is supposed to be a frozen, lifeless ice world, but a number of factors have turned it into the beautiful lush paradise that it is. Eyfert Khannate scientists are still studying and debating how it came to be, but the most widely accepted theory is that a combination of powerful solar flares that occasionally pierce through, past planetary bombardment and frequent volcanic eruptions somehow managed to create the ideal conditions for life to thrive in a place where life shouldn't even exist in the first place.
The planet has an atmosphere with a Cyan color. This is likely due to refracting the light from a red star and the high amount of particles in the air. The particles also reflect the heat and the frequent and powerful solar flares caused by its parent star. This protection is aided by a powerful magnetic field that shields the planet from deadly radiation. While some of the solar flares go through, most of the radiation is deflected by the field, resulting in just a really, really hot fireball. The planet's life has adapted to such drastic temperature changes - forest fires are nonexistent.
The climate seems to be Temperate Oceanic, having temperatures of 16.1C during the day and 11.1C at night. The cool temperatures enable life to thrive in great numbers, resulting in sprawling forests and grass-covered prairies. As mentioned, some of the powerful flares from Olmasa-Naz penetrate through the planet's magnetic field and protective atmosphere. On impact, it causes liquid to evaporate at a rapid rate, forming heat storms and causing temperatures to rise to 96.1C. While being constantly bombarded by flares is bad for most worlds, it is absolutely necessary in this planet as it cleans the air and regulates the climate, preventing it from becoming too cold. The results of all of this: having just one planet-wide climate, whether at the equator or at the poles. And Auroras. Beautiful, beautiful Auroras. Which are not in the game yet.
Things to Do[edit | edit source]
There are so many things to do in this beautiful, idyllic paradise. BUT FIRST, here is a list of DON'TS.
DON'TS[edit | edit source]
- DON'T mistreat people. Players who do any form of Player Versus Player activities, griefing, willful destruction of bases, and other related offences will be met with swift and deadly retribution. This rule extends beyond this planet - It is a rule within the Sasageid Band and its 26 surrounding regions. That includes the Ilbingew Band, which the Olmasa-Naz and this planet are located in.
- DON'T exploit the planet's resources.
- DON'T mine ANY resource deposit unless you have a proper and certified Autonomous Mining Unit.
- DON'T pick up Star Bramble and other plants. That includes Oxygen-rich, Sodium-rich, Deuterium-rich plants, Kelp Sac.
- DON'T destroy any minerals, rocks, or cave formations containing Ferrite Dust, Pure Ferrite or Cobalt. However, destroying small rocks is allowed.
- DON'T harvest the atmosphere. The system has a toxic planet for Nitrogen. Exploit that one, not this one.
- Use of the Terrain Manipulator is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN unless you are given special permission by the Eyfert Khannate to build bases.
- Exocrafts can potentially cause the destruction of flora and the roadkilling of fauna, so DON'T drive your Exocraft recklessly or you will be heavily penalized.
- DON'T destroy any native flora. However, you're free to destroy any hazardous flora.
- DON'T mistreat fauna. This includes hunting, running over, killing, using body part/s, etc. Leave them be. However, you are free to kill any hostile and life-threatening fauna, except for one Abyssal Horror (giant anglerfish) which can be easily identified as an "Alluring Specimen" or 5 bright bulbs coming out of a rock.
- DON'T destroy and exploit underwater corals, rocks and all other things related to oceanic life and resources. This includes gathering Living Pearls and Crystal Sulphide. There is a nearby toxic planet for resource exploitation, environmental destruction and hunting fauna to extinction.
Now with those don'ts out of the way, here are the things that one can do here.
DOS[edit | edit source]
- Enjoy the peace and calm of an idyllic, paradise ringed planet. However, always be prepared for the occasional storm.
- Simply walking around is an experience. The cool, fresh air and refreshing breeze will soothe the soul, even more so when paired with beautiful views.
- Have a good time by the beach by sunbathing, swimming, relaxing and just having a pleasant day.
- Hiking and sightseeing on foot are a must. Sprawling forests, towering peaks, and beautiful lakes await.
- Travel around via Exocraft but again, be careful not to destroy the environment! Go the distance and enjoy the gorgeous scenery.
- Head to one of several seas and oceans and find a suitable landing spot. Chances are there is a beautiful spot where divers can see the beauty of the planet's underwater scene. Those with access to the Nautilon must observe rules for Exocraft though.
- Fly around via Starship and marvel at the planet's majestic land formations, vast oceans, and at certain locations, the ring in the sky.
- Marvel and awe at the planet from space. The DS-7 Atagatana and its fleet of top-notch S-class Frigates are more than willing to provide the experience of a lifetime... for a small fortune of course. It isn't cheap properly maintaining some of the most top-notch space vessels in the universe.
Life[edit | edit source]
This section is under construction.
Despite past bombardment, life has flourished. Beautiful red grass cover most of the land. Stubby but towering trees can be found, occasionally sprawling into forests. Fauna such as relatively large Ungulatis and bipedal Felidae can be found grazing the open fields.
Flora[edit | edit source]
|Name||Color||Root Structure||Nutrient Source||Notes||Discovered by||Brief description|
|G. Grimrumbeus||Green||Capacious||Osmosis||Launchable Thorns||Ezegnegch||Underwater seaweed.|
|A. Wartgirus||Green||Extendable||Atmospheric Moisture||Water Laden||Ezegnegch||Wormy-looking underwater seaweed.|
|N. Rustmirea||Blue||Restricted||Underground Bubbles||Biologically Inert||Ezegnegch||Stubby blue-leaf tree with blue-striped trunk. Usually found alone.|
|R. Soumetosa||Glows yellow||Far Reaching||External Maintenance||Unstable Fruit||Ezegnegch||Cave Marrow plant.|
|Q. Mouthayrima||Orange||Extendable||Photosynthesis||Four Dimensional||Ezegnegch||Stubby but towering orange-leafed tree.|
|Q. Grayolus||Green||Global||Aerobic Digestion||Odourless||Ezegnegch||Underwater seaweed.|
|Z. Skulneopis||Yellow||Conventional||Photosynthesis||Glasslike Seeds||Ezegnegch||Random tiny leaf plant.|
|J. Toadgewae||Blue||Limited||Atmospheric Moisture||High Internal Pressure||Ezegnegch||Stubby but towering blue-leafed tree.|
|W. Ripwiae||Green-ish.||Irregular||Buried Nitrogen||Sensitive to Light||Ezegnegch||Cute lollipop plant found in caves.|
|W. Graboliateus||Glows blue||Fractal||Photosynthesis||Mobile||Ezegnegch||Kelp Sac plant.|
|K. Fireahyeum||Green||Knotted||Buried Treasure||Crimson Seeds||Ezegnegch||Another seaweed.|
|G. Liprogyrii||Platinum Blue||Knotted||Photosynthesis||Hidden Tentacles||Ezegnegch||Deuterium-rich jetpack booster plant.|
|B. Lobsagia||Brown||Balanced||Atmospheric Moisture||Toxic Bark||Ezegnegch||Hazardous vine whip plant.|
|H. Capsewae||Thamium9 Red||Voluminous||Buried Nitrogen||Pungent||Ezegnegch||Oxygen-rich plant.|
|Y. Penonychgia||Orange||Voluminous||Nitrogen Fixation||Glasslike Seeds||Ezegnegch||Stubby orange-leaf tree.|
|Y. Corndevae||Zinc Yellow||Simple||Carnivorous Roots||Invisible Bristles||Ezegnegch||Sodium-rich plant.|
|V. Ironbosatima||Yellow||Swamped||Buried Carbon||Succulent Tubers||Ezegnegch||Yellow-leaf shrub.|
|I. Dumripeum||Blue||Hidden||Soil Bacteria||Infectious Spores||Ezegnegch||Blue-leaf shrub.|
Fauna[edit | edit source]
|Name||Behaviour||Gender||Diet||Height||Weight||Notes||Discovered by||Brief description|
|Z. Winkekocis||Desperate||None||Cave Marrow||0.7m||46.6kg||Occasionally Invisible||Ezegnegch||Fat, pointy-nose fish desperate for something unknown.|
|O. Beerliturocera||Easily Startled||Radical||Star Bramble||0.7m||64.7kg||Ticklish||Ezegnegch||Cute hexapedal cows that I really love to own as pets.|
|O. Halitellera||Reckless||Symmetric||Eggs||1.1m||55.4kg||Regrows teeth each day||Ezegnegch||Ugly-looking predator dog.|
|C. Grantreatoe||Instinctive||Asymptomic||Absorbed Nutrients||0.7m||78.7kg||Cutaneous respiration||Ezegnegch||Fish with pointy nose.|
|D. Hopxibexea||Silent Stalker||Alpha||Partially-digested meat||2.5m||114.8kg||Thick skull||Ezegnegch||Predator fish with pointy nose.|
|V. Mammaiquiteum||Patient Hunter||Orthogonal||Rotten meat||1.6m||92.8kg||Gentle Soul||Ezegnegch||Why does this merciless predator dog have a gentle soul? Or maybe its soul is so gentle when it comes to consuming its prey to death. Savor and enjoy the food and flavor, they say.|
|P. Sterlleysii||Long-distance migration||Symmetric||Star Bramble||3.0m||146.5kg||Chromatophore||Ezegnegch||Somewhat large cow that skipped way too many leg days.|
|B. Televorustrium||Wise||None||Gravitino Balls||1.0m||67.1kg||Weak lungs||Ezegnegch||This bird is like a mage. Wise, but physically weak. Because of weak lungs.|
|N. Apisloreum||Tends plants||Prime||Star Bramble||1.4m||71.3kg||Strongly radioactive||Ezegnegch||Though the screenshot shows this dog on all fours, they are actually bipedal and rather intelligent! They look like scary zombies from a distance but are still horribly adorable nonetheless. This is the most common fauna species.|
|N. Waterahicima||Easily startled||Orthogonal||Small trees||1.3m||78.2kg||Well insulated||Ezegnegch||Somewhat large birds that love eating small trees.|
|B. Georavushvica||Methodical||Exotic||Oxide elements||2.8m||124.2kg||Dislikes bright colours||Ezegnegch||Another somewhat large cow that skipped way too many rear leg days.|
|This last species||has been||evading me||for so long||Where is it found||I still don't know||It could be||Hopefully a megafauna||frameless||Still waiting to be discovered.|
Base[edit | edit source]
There are many bases built here. However, the most prominent is The Red House. It is the home of the Khann, the leader of the Eyfert Khannate. Located on top of a butte, The Red House has spectacular views of the ocean and land around it. A fresh breeze blows almost throughout the day, providing a cool and relaxing atmosphere. A tiny little forest provides an added respite from the responsibilities of being a leader.
Current bases in the planet:
Legend: WIP = Work in Progress, C = Complete, RU = Recently updated
- The Red House (RU)
- Ezegnegch's Kinderkin Goffre (C)
- Arstoft Underwater Stronghold (WIP)
- Uwaithom Island Retreat (WIP, Ezegnegch's Retreat)
- ??? (C)
Lore[edit | edit source]
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
The De Facto Capital[edit | edit source]
The Federation and the Eyfert Khannate's government recognizes Eafort XVIII and Gloss X as the capital system and planet of the civilization. However, the de facto seat of power is this paradise planet hidden in an uncharted system. The citizens of the Eyfert Khannate (also including the government) recognize this planet and its system as the true capital, while Eafort XVIII is a governmental system. Still, majority of the population resides in the Sasageid Band, as the Ilbingew Band is a highly restrictive area where only a chosen few can enter, regardless of fame, status, wealth or power.
The Mysterious Shelter[edit | edit source]
When Sebaddo Utsus was first discovered, explorers thought there are no signs of sentient life here or any planet in the Olmasa-Naz system. They were wrong. A shelter was located. The furniture and amenities inside are in good condition, as if someone used to live here until their final days. Traces of a crashed ship are located nearby, seemingly implying a crash landing. However, further analysis reveals that the inhabitant lived his/her entire life here. An electrical storm (cause unknown) and fear of going into the great unknowns of space prevented take-off. Still, this planet is a nice place to live, so it ain't too bad for the inhabitant to not take-off.
Potentially intelligent life[edit | edit source]
Under construction. Based on the notes of one of the planet's zombie-looking bipedal dog species tending plants, which is a sign of intelligence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cadmium deposits blend in so well with the surrounding environment.
Planet Screenshots[edit | edit source]
This collection of screenshots shows the entire planet and almost all its continents and oceans. Shots are taken at appx. 160,000 - 180,000u away.