Signal Booster is a base building product.
Summary[edit | edit source]
It is similar to the signal transmitter pole (also known as "save point"). They offer two options:
- Locate Nearby Structures
- Decipher (1 Drop Pod Coordinate Data)
NEXT or earlier[edit | edit source]
- Input Data (1 Navigation Data)
Game description[edit | edit source]
A versatile scanner that detects nearby buildings. Can decrypt Navigation Data to pinpoint specific locations.
The Signal Booster can be dismantled and redeployed for easy transportation.
Build[edit | edit source]
Options[edit | edit source]
Locate Nearby Structures has different effects based on the Signal Booster's location. Before NEXT 1.63, if the Signal Booster had been placed next to a Point of Interest, this function will locate and mark another point of interest of the same type. Otherwise or since NEXT 1.63,
Locate Nearby Structures will find and mark a nearby point of interest without restricting its type.
Since Beyond, the Signal Booster cannot locate a specific type of Point of Interest. Instead, players can exchange Navigation Data for Planetary Chart with a Cartographer. Activating appropriate Planetary Chart from the inventory will mark a Point of Interest on the same or (if not on any) on the closest one.
NEXT or earlier[edit | edit source]
Input Data option allows the player to select a "frequency range", which will further specify what kind of point of interest the player is looking for:
- Scan Secure Frequencies - Locates a Manufacturing Facility, Depot or Operations Centre
- Scan Distress Frequencies - Locates a Drop Pod, Observatory, Abandoned Building, Crashed Freighter or Crashed Ship
- Scan Habitable Outposts - Locates a Habitable Base, Minor Settlement, Shelter or Transmission Tower
- Scan for Artifacts - Locates an Plaque, Monolith or Ruin
The Signal Booster will only reveal one location of the same type at once. If the Signal Booster located a location of each type within a frequency range, further scans in the same range will yield no result and the Navigation Data is lost.
Please see the respective links for more information about these points of interests.
Other information[edit | edit source]
The 3 sections in the middle (046A:0081:0D6D) can be entered into a Coordinate Plotting App such as the Pilgrim Star Path by: pahefu or No Man's Connect - Online Location Manager by: jaszhix to aid in galactic navigation.
For additional information, see Coordinate Exchange.
Signal Booster is a portable technology which can be picked up and stored in the player's inventory as a distinct item, then redeployed in another location.
Release differences[edit | edit source]
- Release - Added as a product. Signal Scanners showed the location of monoliths and shelters instead of resource deposits and bases.
- Foundation - Signal Boosters replaced Signal Scanners as the main structure to aid in planetary navigation. Before this update, Signal Scanners were found on planetary surfaces and had to be unlocked with Bypass Chips.
- Pathfinder - The Colonial Outpost option revealed the position of either a Manufacturing Facility or an Operations Centre.
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Iron and Plutonium. It is now portable and options changed, formerly offered "Drop Pod", "Habitable Base", "Monolith" and "Resource Deposit" options.
- NEXT 1.57 - Fixed an issue that could cause the "Locate Nearby Structures" scan to fail.
- NEXT 1.63 - Fixed an issue that caused the "Locate Nearby Structures" option to find only buildings of the same type as the nearest building.
- Beyond - Options to select specific Points of Interest removed from the Signal Booster menu.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- NmsBase SignalBooster Panel S.jpg