|The subject of this article is from the Living Ship update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
|Category||Multi-tool - Weapons|
|Recharged with||Catalytic elements|
The Solar Ray is a multi-tool upgrade.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Solar Ray is a Multi-tool "weapon" acquired in Starbirth which allows conversion of metal deposits into Liquid Sun. It has the same general functionality as the Terrain Manipulator's Mine mode; however, the differences are as follows:
- The weapon's internal fuel supply is drained the same amount at all sphere sizes: 1%/tick in Survival and Permadeath game modes and 0.5%/tick in Normal mode.
- Non-deposit terrain yields nothing when mined by the Solar Ray.
- The Solar Ray's small/medium/large sphere sizes have a maximum yield per tick of 1/2/8 units of Liquid Sun in Survival and Permadeath game modes and 2/4/16 units in Normal mode.
- On flat deposits (50% sphere fill), the first tick of excavation yields 1/1/8 units of Liquid Sun in Survival and Permadeath game modes and 2/2/16 units in Normal Mode.
- Catalytic elements, rather than ferrite elements, are used to recharge the weapon.
The Solar Ray only has one firing mode, allowing it to be paired with secondary weapons such as Plasma Launcher.
Game Description[edit | edit source]
A highly specialised addition to the Multi-Tool's mining capabilities, transforming terrain deposits into liquid sun.
A powerful laser array amplifies local solar radiation, allowing for the rapid reconfiguration of nearby mineral ores.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
The Solar Ray has no upgrades.
Recharge[edit | edit source]
The Solar Ray is rechargeable using the following items:
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The Solar Ray is the second Multi-Tool primary weapon in the history of No Man's Sky which is unable to deal damage at all (the first one being the Terrain Manipulator, which was initially added in Atlas Rises).
- The technology icon of the Solar Ray is similar to that of the Cyclotron Ballista.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Living Ship - added as a technology