|The subject of this article is from the Abyss update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November 2018.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 21 November, 2018.
The Space Anomaly is one of the various star system Points of Interest.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Nada is able to grant the player shortcuts to the center of the galaxy, aid them on their quest to find Atlas, or supply them with technology to aid their exploration. If the player selects the shortcut option, the location of a black hole will be revealed to the player. If the player wishes to gain help finding the Atlas, the location of an Atlas Interface will be given, and if the player asks for aid in their own exploration, a random technology blueprint will be granted to the player.
Polo will provide the player an AtlasPass v1 blueprint on the first encounter, if the player does not possess it already. One then has the option to buy blueprints upon speaking with Polo again (while each attempt apart from the first one will cost 20 Carbon). In later encounters with Polo in other star systems, one may gain a blueprint in exchange for collected data upon speaking with them. Note that sometimes past Polo there is a multi-tool locker that will open on approach to reveal a purchasable Multi-tool.
Quicksilver Synthesis Companion was created by Polo in preparation for the Community Research and to help them explore synthesis and creation, transforming Quicksilver into exotic goods. It resides in a separate room, through the door behind the Control Panel.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The secondary room of the Anomaly houses a Korvax subsimulation of an artificial star system, saved from the destruction of Korvax Prime by Nada. It can be interacted with using the Korvax Simulation Terminal.
In the storyline quest The First Traveller, one can choose to either transfer Artemis' consciousness inside the subsimulation to restore their life or to not transfer it, instead allowing them to die and end their suffering. Nada and Polo support the Player regardless of their choice.
More Information[edit | edit source]
- The option to help Atlas cannot be used again after the creation of a new star or once the player stopped following the Atlas Path.
- Reaching the centre of the galaxy does not reset the Atlas Path.
- The Space Anomaly can spawn after the player has done at least 3 warps and 2 hours of playtime since the last time they spawned.
Residents[edit | edit source]
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Release - Introduced to the game.
- Foundation - Fixed collision in the Space Anomaly that was causing issues when exiting larger ships.
- Atlas Rises - Hidden changes: Korvax Simulation Terminal added as part of the storyline.
- Atlas Rises 1.35 - Players will no longer be directed to the Space Anomaly in systems where it can’t spawn (e.g. when an Atlas Station is present).
- Atlas Rises 1.38 - Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player’s home system indefinitely.
- NEXT 1.55 - Placed the Space Anomaly marker to the entrance rather than the centre of the model.
- NEXT 1.58 - Quicksilver Synthesis Companion added.
- NEXT 1.60 - Additional landing pads added.
- Abyss 1.70 - Improved ejecting from your ship in confined spaces, prevented being launched through low hanging ceilings and anomaly walls. Fixed a crash caused by the anomaly in certain systems. Prevented the anomaly being re-summoned if it is already present.