Summary[edit | edit source]
They are also known as solar systems or planetary systems.
Information on Galaxy Map[edit | edit source]
- Spectral class
- Dominant Lifeform
- Economy (Requires Economy Scanner )
- Conflict Level (Requires Conflict Scanner )
Classification[edit | edit source]
- Yellow star systems are the most common.
- Red star systems, uncommon, can only be accessed with Warp Reactor Sigma., only Red star systems will have planets with Rubeum.
- Green star systems, rare, can only be accessed with Warp Reactor Tau, only Green star systems will have planets with Viridium.
- Blue star systems, rare, can only be accessed with Warp Reactor Theta, only Blue star systems will have planets with Cymatygen.
Influence on Planet Generation[edit | edit source]
Planet Generation parameters are influenced by star system types, as well as galaxy types. However, galaxy types only alter yellow star systems, therefore red, green and blue stars have similar parameters across all galaxies.
- The odds for exotic biomes, in any galaxy, are: Green (x1) < Blue (x2) < Red (x3). In Imperfect and Raging galaxies, yellow stars will never have exotic planets. In Tranquil and Ancestral galaxies, yellow stars have the same chance for exotic planets as green stars.
- In Imperfect and Raging galaxies, yellow stars have 2x more chance to have lush planets.
- In Tranquil galaxies, yellow stars have 4x more chance to have lush planets, and 4x lower chance to have dead planets, compared to other stars in that galaxy.
- In Ancestral galaxies, yellow stars have 2x more chance to have dead planets, and lush planets have the same chance as other stars in that galaxy.
Classification Exceptions[edit | edit source]
Not all star systems are distinguishable according to spectral class, including star systems containing:
Star systems containing these objects are classified according to the specific object they contain, rather than the star's spectral class.
Concentration of star systems[edit | edit source]
It is possible to find a concentration of star systems in the galaxy. Those concentration are extremely rare and have a colorful blur. It is unknown if those stars are any different from the standard. Multiple blue, red and green stars can be found in these.
Naming conventions[edit | edit source]
All star systems receive a random name from the initial seed. When discovered, they may be renamed by the discoverer. There are a variety of Star System Nomenclature options for choosing a star name, or random names may be chosen at will.
As with planetary discoveries, players are limited to 42 characters when renaming a star system.
Known star systems[edit | edit source]
For a list of known star systems, see the star system category.
Known star systems (pre-release)[edit | edit source]
For a list of known pre-release star systems, see the Pre-release star system category.