Starship Outfitting Terminal
Starship Outfitting Terminal is a type of terminal.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Starship Outfitting Terminal is a computer Terminal found in inhabited space stations.
It is a feature that allows upgrades to the player starships beyond what can be achieved through the inventory menu.
It is located near the Appearance Modifier in current versions and allows the player to modify their Starship in additional ways.
Features[edit | edit source]
The following features can be accessed with the Starship Outfitting Terminal:
- Upgrade ship class
- Upgrade Ship inventory Slots
- Scrap Ship
- Minor Help Dialog
Scrapping a starship[edit | edit source]
Starships can be scrapped at the terminal by selecting the option to do so. All cargo and upgrades are lost, as is the ship. This cannot be undone in the same game session (although if a savegame prior to ship being scrapped is still available - it can be loaded to "undo" ship scrapping). The value in units of the ship as scrap will be shown before you confirm the option. You must confirm the choice twice, and the value will be added to your inventory in the form of items and upgrade modules. The quality of modules received and their value depends in part on the value and class of the ship. Because the value is given in items, you may get more or less than the amount listed depending on the economy where you sell the items.
The upgrade modules can be sold to any Technology Merchant for , or installed and then dismantled to sell their parts for . You must have enough free inventory slots in your Exosuit to be able to hold all the items you will receive or you cannot scrap a ship. Upon completion of scrapping, another ship from your pool (usually your first ship, or the one you traded it for) will appear on the station launch pad.
You may receive the following items when scrapping a ship:
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Currently upgrading ship class costs Nanite Clusters, with the amount required increasing with the tier of the class you are upgrading to (10K for upgrade from C to B, 25K for upgrade from B to A, and 50K for upgrade from A to S).
- Since Synthesis 2.24, stats are "now based on the unique seed" of the upgraded ship and they follow the rules associated to Starship Archetypes. Players can use a save editor to gain nanite clusters and use the Starship Outfitting Terminal to decide whether or not they want to upgrade.
- Upgrading ship inventory slots currently costs Units. The amount of Units increases with each upgrade slot purchased for a ship, starting from 1M per slot, and up to 300M per slot. You may upgrade inventory or technology slots for a ship, up to the maximum inventory size (which depends on the ship's class, for S-class 48 inventory and 21 technology) regardless of the ship's base size and configuration. Alternatively, you can use a item to add a slot free of charge if you have any.
- The option to ask how to get upgrades for your ship does not currently mention Storage Augmentation items or how to get them.
Release History[edit | edit source]
- Synthesis - introduced as a feature.