Starship Outfitting Terminal
|The subject of this article is from the Synthesis update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
Starship Outfitting Terminal is a type of terminal.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Starship Outfitting Terminal is a computer Terminal found in inhabited space stations.
It is a feature that allows upgrades to the player starships beyond what can be achieved through the inventory menu.
It is located near the Appearance Modifier in current versions and allows the player to modify their Starship in additional ways.
Features[edit | edit source]
The following features can be accessed with the Starship Outfitting Terminal:
- Upgrade ship class
- Upgrade Ship inventory Slots
- Scrap Ship
- Minor Help Dialog
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Currently upgrading ship class costs Nanite Clusters, with the amount required increasing with the tier of the class you are upgrading to (10K for upgrade from C to B, 25K for upgrade from B to A, and 50K for upgrade from A to S).
- Upgrading ship inventory slots currently costs Units. The amount of Units increases with each upgrade slot purchased for a ship, starting from 1M per slot, and up to 300M per slot. You may upgrade inventory or technology slots for a ship, but cannot exceed the maximum for that ship's base configuration. Alternatively, you can use a Storage Augmentation item to add a slot free of charge if you have any.
- Starships can be scrapped at the terminal by selecting the option to do so. All cargo and upgrades are lost, as is the ship. This cannot be undone. The value in units of the ship as scrap will be shown before you confirm the option. You must confirm the choice twice, and the value will be added to your inventory in the form of items and upgrade modules. The quality of modules received and their value depends in part on the value and class of the ship. Because the value is given in items, you may get more or less than the amount listed depending on the economy where you sell the items.
The upgrade modules you receive are often worth much less than the parts you get by installing them and then disassembling. You must have enough free inventory slots in your Exosuit to be able to hold all the items you will receive or you cannot scrap a ship. Upon completion of scrapping, another ship from your pool (usually your first ship, or the one you traded it for) will appear on the station launch pad. Sometimes you will receive Storage Augmentation items when scrapping ships.
- The option to ask how to get upgrades for your ship does not currently mention Storage Augmentation items or how to get them.
Release History[edit | edit source]
- Synthesis - introduced as a feature.