|Additional storage units|
|Power usage||5 kPs|
Summary[edit | edit source]
A maximum of ten containers (labelled 0 thru 9, although they can be renamed) may be built, with each container holding twenty stacks. Each stack will hold 1000 units of a specific resource, or 10 of certain special items like Vortex Cubes.
Game description[edit | edit source]
Spacious additional storage for inventory items.
Build[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Storage Container 0's blueprint is the first blueprint uncovered by the Base Computer after the player reaches a certain point in the Artemis Path and begins the Base Computer Archives quest. The blueprints for storage containers 1-9 are given by the Overseer early on in the advanced base-building quest.
- - Some bugs are reported in regard to acquiring Storage Container 0's blueprint. The player can resolve by deleting all the bases and constructing a new base to restart the Base Computer Archives quest.
- You must be facing the front of container (the part that looks like a Galactic Trade Terminal) in order to access the contents.
- Storage containers are numbered from 0-9 to make them easier to identify. Each container can be colored and renamed to provide additional visual clues as to their contents.
- Each number can only be used once per base, be it on a planet or a freighter. Instances of the same container share their contents with their associated number (1 - 1, 2 - 2, and so on).
- Items can be moved from the exosuit, or starship, inventory to storage containers at any time. Items may only be retrieved from a storage container by physically interacting with them. You can move items out of the containers directly into your inventory or starship as long as you are near any Base Computer. When moving items to a storage container there is no way to direct them to a specific container when not near them. If a stack (or more) already exist in one of the containers (provided there is enough space for the new item) the item(s) will be stacked automatically in their appropriate storage container, otherwise a new stack is created in one of the containers, if there is room.
- - Bugs have been reported, in some cases, that specific instances of a container can only exist once globally, while others work fine.
- - Bugs seem to occasionally occur when building storage containers inside freighters. Example: Placing a container to an outer wall creates a "hole" in the ship showing outer space around the container.
- There seems to be a glitch where sometimes you cannot take things out of a certain container, instead showing the description of a technology in the Starship. (Clicking random spots on an item's icon will eventually allow the item to be removed from the storage container.)
- Power consumption is 5kP
- If the container loses power, the items inside are not lost but become inaccessible. They will become accessible again once power is restored to the container.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Foundation - Introduced to the game.
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly required Iron and Voltaic cell.
- Beyond - Now it requires power to be operational.
- Beyond 2.05 - Fixed an issue where storage containers could not be accessed.
- Synthesis 2.20 - Slots increased, used to be 5. Containers can now be named.